Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wearing pyjamas in public

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

I guess you could look at it that people should wear what they like.

But on the flip side, it does give a certain impression about the place, if I was some hot shot executive looking to set up an operation in Limerick i probably wouldn't get a good impression of some of the potential workforce if I came here.
    It basically says "thanks for your hardearned tax money ya fool ya, I have no intention of ever weaning myself off it, if there was work in the bed I'd sleep on the floor, gizzafagwilla"

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

All it says to me is "Look at me, I didn't go to work today, and I've no intention on doing so anytime soon. Thanks for the dole money"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

crazygeryy wrote: »

id love to hear a few opinions.
    I agree, but i do think your username is apt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

i probably wouldn't get a good impression of some of the potential workforce if I came here.
    But these people are not some of the potential workforce. These kind of vermin have never worked a day in their lives, nor do they ever intend to. They're content to leech off society while displaying utter contempt for the average working person. They are the lowest form of life on this planet. I would encourage all businesses in the city to permanently ban them. It would go a long way towards eradicating this "fashion" trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I thought this craze had died down... havnt seen so many about as of late!

Sure it's summer, they're all going around in belly tops and hotpants :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Utter dirtbags. No other word for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

I have to say im pro outside pyjamas... With any luck the people who wear them might be tempted to have a quick nap during the day - in the middle of road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I didn't see any of them yesterday when I was doing a few errands during lunch.

Went from Denmark St. to John's Square, then to the Post Office, on to Tesco and back to Denmark St. again.

Hopefully it's a dying phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I didn't see any of them yesterday when I was doing a few errands during lunch.

Went from Denmark St. to John's Square, then to the Post Office, on to Tesco and back to Denmark St. again.

Hopefully it's a dying phase.

Too early I'd say - They be in their night-pyjamas until they get up at 2pm ish to start drinking and hitting their 11 neglected Kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

phill106 wrote: »
    I agree, but i do think your username is apt!

what?so im crazy for posting that opinion is it?i dont get it why is my:confused: username is apt?

• Advertisement

what?so im crazy for posting that opinion is it?i dont get it why is my:confused: username is apt?

More the ranting tone, and double post, overuse of capitals to signify shouting..
    You know... Crazy stuff!

Its ok to be crazy though. long as you know it. Which you do...As you called yourself crazygerry already, so all is ok with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

phill106 wrote: »
    More the ranting tone, and double post, overuse of capitals to signify shouting..
    You know... Crazy stuff!

Its ok to be crazy though. long as you know it. Which you do...As you called yourself crazygerry already, so all is ok with the world.

Anyone know where I can buy a crazygeryy T-Shirt?

Ill print them up and sell them worldwide!
    Will be pane 4 of this comic
    http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/19849000/ngbbs4a8c2d97b5b92.jpg
    with crazygerry written on the back like a sports jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DesLyons

Good thread =)

Met a friend of mine there a few months back it was like 10 in the morning on a week day and she was wearing pyjamas

When I asked where she was coming from she said "Court"

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭hatz7

DesLyons wrote: »
    Good thread =)

Met a friend of mine there a few months back it was like 10 in the morning on a week day and she was wearing pyjamas

When I asked where she was coming from she said "Court"

:D:D:D:D

That could not be true, that is unnaturally funny :D

I see they have moved out to Castletroy now. You notice them strolling too n fro the Maxol by Singland. Breakfast roll, john player blue can o coke ooh ya!

That's Limerick Citaaay:)

this is a message for all you mingers out there who insist on wearing pyjamas when going to the shop or as i saw the other day going into kfc on the childers road to get take away.you are disgusting it is disgusting.go home have a shower get dressed and go out shopping then like every other decent human being.

and shop keepers DONT LET THEM IN !!!!!! REFUSE TO SERVE THEM.they shouldnt be allowed near the place.its unhygienic and just downright wrong.youve slept in these clothes for god sake.

aha here Gerry,
    Its not the girls that go around wearing PJ's that I'm worried about,
    its the guys wearing the fancy suits that really sponge off the state if you really think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DesLyons

hatz7 wrote: »
    That could not be true, that is unnaturally funny :D

I see they have moved out to Castletroy now. You notice them strolling too n fro the Maxol by Singland. Breakfast roll, john player blue can o coke ooh ya!

That's Limerick Citaaay:)

It really is true :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

They even go into KFC on the Childers rd with dressing gowns on over there pyjamas they look terrible

They even go into KFC on the Childers rd with dressing gowns on over there pyjamas they look terrible

Think they are going in to use the lemon wipes as a sponge bath :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

means they havent een changed their knickers thats yuck lol

• Advertisement

means they havent een changed their knickers thats yuck lol

Probably never change them, would sound like velcro coming off...rrriiipppppp

Either that or they dont wear them, helps when mondo fancies a quickie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

ah jasus - was just eating my dinner while reading this - ffs - a little warning guys lmao! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Anyone who hasn't gone down the shops in their slippers hasn't lived at all imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Gneez wrote: »
    Anyone who hasn't gone down the shops in their slippers hasn't lived at all imo

Slippers I can understand. People who can't take 2 tiny ****ing minutes to get dressed, I simply can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

its pure the style like !

saw awful heads in town today .

my first time in the city in weeks , and hopefully years to come

DarkJager wrote: »
    Slippers I can understand. People who can't take 2 tiny ****ing minutes to get dressed, I simply can't.

They ARE dressed.
    There are inside PJ's and outside PJ's, sometimes with a bathrobe on if its cold or drizzling.

That's how they roll.I think its part of their culture.

Now I'm not saying this to be smart,
    but part of me says (to myself, as you would) you know, fair play to them,
    they know they aren't going anywhere in life,literally...anywhere,
    maybe Portlaoise, to visit the prison.
    So they wear their uniform around town,(and its all girls too,you don't see fellas doing it.) and they don't give a toss about other people and other people don't give a toss about them.
    That's their life.

So I think I can understand why.
    If I caught my sister going round town in her PJ's I'd bate her down the road.

my bad double post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

It is a known medical fact that fluids leak from body orifices during sleep especially in overweight people. Nocturnal flatulence and fluid/faeces leak also can be an issue, as well as fluid leak after copulation. In no way should people wear their nightwear/pyjamas during social interaction or in a public eating envoirnment. If I ever was anyway near people that wear their nightwear I would physically throw up. Sorry if your eating whilst reading this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Thanks brouskua I was eating but I have stopped now:)

Advertisement