Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Does anyone know the music being played in the background of this video?

"The Bomb" (The Bucketheads)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bangra bangra

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It was groove armada,just for tonight

Thank you so much Cambo2008, will be playing it over and over, cant wait, thanks again!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bangra bangra

Sorry Cambo2008 I'm new to this n not sure how to thank somebody properly..anyway thanks, love that song, just got the album on itunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sorry Cambo2008 I'm new to this n not sure how to thank somebody properly..anyway thanks, love that song, just got the album on itunes

It's usually wads of cash but seen as your new we can let it go this one time,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

hi

im going out on a limb here cause im not sure if i have the right lyrics

its an older but definately one of the most popular songs from when i was younger

i can only remember two lines ,the first line of the chorus goes something like

looking through tired eyes

and
    theres a line when the music kinda cuts off for a second

feelings that i can't explain/disguise

its a very fast paced song, any help appreciated, i know im being quite vague

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

freyners wrote: »
    hi

im going out on a limb here cause im not sure if i have the right lyrics

its an older but definately one of the most popular songs from when i was younger

i can only remember two lines ,the first line of the chorus goes something like

looking through tired eyes

and
    theres a line when the music kinda cuts off for a second

feelings that i can't explain/disguise

its a very fast paced song, any help appreciated, i know im being quite vague

Would it be this??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Would it be this??

you sir, are a legend, thanks you very much:D

also man do i feel retarded, how the hell did i forget it that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

cant remember the name o fthis and its killing me.

it was a lovely little animated video with a main carachter who is a bit sad, and i think he gets chased by dogs and there is a car crash. lovely song too, kinda slow and meloncholy, kinda like a BUsh song or something

kinda like these caracters

pon and zi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Package wrote: »

it was a lovely little animated video with a main carachter who is a bit sad, and i think he gets chased by dogs and there is a car crash. lovely song too, kinda slow and meloncholy, kinda like a BUsh song or something

pon and zi

Could it be Paranoid Android by Radiohead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHiGbolFFGw

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Package wrote: »

pon and zi

Or Maybe this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT6XCvDUUsU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

This is wrecking my head, and I don't even have much info on the song to guarantee a response here, but its worth a shot:o!

I think its a Katie Melua song, if it isn't, its very like her style. All I have to go on is at the chorus she sings in a really high pitch, she sound birdlike! Anyone help, please :)??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I'm looking for the song used in this ad, it's also used in the current adverts.

Have had no look googling everywhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUoVEHvxc7c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    This is wrecking my head, and I don't even have much info on the song to guarantee a response here, but its worth a shot:o!

I think its a Katie Melua song, if it isn't, its very like her style. All I have to go on is at the chorus she sings in a really high pitch, she sound birdlike! Anyone help, please :)??
    Just heard it on scrubs there so i got lyrics, its Lovin You by Minnie Ripperton:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gfinn

There was a song for which the video featured a 4 piece of good looking women, the drummer being also quite top heavy...I think it was back in 2004/2005 around the same time as Michael Gray's "The Weekend" (Ican't wait for the weekend to begin...). I can't remember the name of it for the life of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Adele - Rolling in the deep, some remix, its not a crazy remix its just a bit harder if that makes sense. Heard it on the radio the other day and its doing my head in trying to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

spillit67 wrote: »

Paul Leonard-Morgan - Elation ( Triumphant & Rousing Orchestral Theme)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

gfinn wrote: »
    There was a song for which the video featured a 4 piece of good looking women, the drummer being also quite top heavy...I think it was back in 2004/2005 around the same time as Michael Gray's "The Weekend" (Ican't wait for the weekend to begin...). I can't remember the name of it for the life of me!

is this the one you're looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gfinn

Rud wrote: »
    is this the one you're looking for?

Thanks, that's the one alright. Weekend mix taking shape!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JG009 wrote: »
    Adele - Rolling in the deep, some remix, its not a crazy remix its just a bit harder if that makes sense. Heard it on the radio the other day and its doing my head in trying to find it.

Is it this one?

http://anniemacpresents.com/blog.php?id=366

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

TheTosh wrote: »
    It's Ian Brown Happy Ever After

Thanks Tosh, but that's not it, although I did get that result from a google search I should've put that in my 1st post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Hi folks,

Haven't posted in this section of boards before, but i'm trying to find the name of the song used in the new Failte Ireland Tourism ad.

Any ideas what it is?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Anybody know what this song is? Its played at the very start of the report as an instrumental and at the end by a male singer. I was watching euronews during breakfast every morning and this song grew on me.

http://www.euronews.net/2011/02/04/the-spider-silk-solution/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

hmmmm, I can tell you at 2.05 thats the way it went or very similar, the way the beat hits a few times. But the rest of it doesnt sound like it at. Close enough I suppose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Haris83

Greetings everyone :)

This song that's been bugging me I finally put on my youtube channel. I recorded it with my mobile phone long time ago, and now I created a small video from random pictures of Irish supporters (sounds like a football chant/song to me), hope you will forgive me :D

Sound quality is not quite good, but anyone who knows this song will not find it hard to figure it out. It's a fine catchy tune, so please I'd be delighted if anyone would help me about the name of the song and the artist/band.

Here is the link:

Whoever helps gets a virtual pint ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Anyone know the song on the ad for "Never let me go"? it's not in the trailers on youtube or the soundtrack, can't find the ad on youtube either, any ideas?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

storm2811 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song on the ad for "Never let me go"? it's not in the trailers on youtube or the soundtrack, can't find the ad on youtube either, any ideas?

Is it this one? It's the bit from about 5 mins on that's on the ads I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Is it this one? It's the bit from about 5 mins on that's on the ads I've seen.

Yup that's the one, thanks!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dinlynch

Hi there,
    The programme "This Sporting Life" featuring Eamonn Coughlan on RTE1 on Thurs 27th January, played a song just at the end of the programme and as the final credits rolled, sounds kind of like the style of Empire of the Sun or Ladyhawke. If anyone out there could tell me what it is I would be so grateful, it is DOING MY HEAD IN!! ;)

Sorry i cant help u with that 1! i seen the episode but not the end, i too also want to know a song from that doc its the song that eamon said he was singing in his head while he won the european cchampionships! it may b the same song! some thing to do with this burn feels so good! is that d 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

After trawling through youtube clips for hours I figured I might get some help here rolleyes.gif I'm looking to find a song but I have no lyrics and no title.
    • Pretty sure it's a duet with a man and a woman
    • Not released in the last decade
    • Fairly famous I think
    • I think the youtube vid MIGHT have a scene overlooking a river or something like a boat filming?
    • I thought the title might have 'heavy' or 'the ______ song' in it but after searching I've come up with nothing.
    • The song may or may not be good
    I know it's a longshot by any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement