Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Sorry to be a pain in the arse lol but do you gotta download them all one by one?

Finical wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain in the arse lol but do you gotta download them all one by one?
    I'm sorted. Cheers for all the help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm sorted. Cheers for all the help.

What did you have to download in the end?

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    What did you have to download in the end?
    I just downloaded all the leagues I wanted one by one they are tiny files so didn't take that long mate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I simmed to August 2014 to check out the dynamic league reputation. Biggest things of note is that La Liga has overtaken the Premier League who now sit in 2nd and our very own league has moved from 153rd to 64th :). 34 year old Robbie Keane plays for Bohs..not Shams :eek::P.

Top 5 clubs in Europe from 1st to 5th are Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Man United and Bayern

Think I might sim to 2020 overnight..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Okay am going to be absolutely absent from real life for ages now I have Doncaster Rovers under me wing ( I'm too ropey to take on Liverpool) ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Next time when approaching them about a parent club, try tell them it would be financially beneficial to the club, that worked for me.

I tried that as well afterwards and they refused again which given my club is the poorest in the league is just ridiculous.

I'm having an awful game so far. I've only managed two wins and two draws 4 months into the season. My team are outplayed in every match and their passing is brutal. It's getting really frustrating and i'm just tempted to start a new game as someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Grrrrr :mad::mad:

the game keeps fcuking crashing

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Grrrrr :mad::mad:

the game keeps fcuking crashing

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Did you download the patch? If so, I'd say its your computer. If not, download the patch.

CSF wrote: »
    Did you download the patch? If so, I'd say its your computer. If not, download the patch.
    No, havent downloaded the patch, I will do that now. I doubt its the computer as it was working fine up to the point when I installed the game.

Also, I dont get the whole thing that SI cant make a game that is fully functional straight out of the box. This "patch" is actually (it would seem) fixes that should have been ironed out in the testing phases imo.

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    No, havent downloaded the patch, I will do that now. I doubt its the computer as it was working fine up to the point when I installed the game.

Also, I dont get the whole thing that SI cant make a game that is fully functional straight out of the box. This "patch" is actually (it would seem) fixes that should have been ironed out in the testing phases imo.

Windows update if needed, update your graphics card drivers etc. Could be one small thing causing it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ

have a look there, should be able to help you.

The demo was crashing on me every few minutes. Main game is working fine tho.

minty16 wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place I can buy this in Dublin ?
    €33 in hmv afaik is the cheapest.

Windows update if needed, update your graphics card drivers etc. Could be one small thing causing it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ

have a look there, should be able to help you.

The demo was crashing on me every few minutes. Main game is working fine tho.
    Im currently waiting for the patch to download and will see if thats fixed it. Lots and lots of bugs on that linked page!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

50 feckin euro on Steam! :eek:

koHd wrote: »
    50 feckin euro on Steam! :eek:

£27.99 on game.co.uk (download).

I never buy games from Steam unless they are on offer, otherwise prices are mostly horrible.

This game is annoying me this year, downloaded the facepacks and I dont even have a graphics folder which holds the player cut-outs. Do I have to create it myself?

I never buy games from Steam unless they are on offer, otherwise prices are mostly horrible.

This game is annoying me this year, downloaded the facepacks and I dont even have a graphics folder which holds the player cut-outs. Do I have to create it myself?

Yes you create it yourself, put your player pictures in sports interactive/football manager 2011/graphics.

Kits go in graphics/kits, you'll have to create the kits folder also.

Yep you do and inside the graphics folder you can create single folders: logos for crests, kits for jerseys and facepacks for facepacks.

Someone told me earlier in the thread, just passing on the word. :)

Edit: Beating to it^^

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

£23.99 on get games is cheapest price online

Shamrock Rvs v Inter - 2015 Champions League Group F.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9651/shamrockroversvinterinf.png

Some strange things happened at the World Cup also..

Think I'll start a real game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Shamrock Rvs v Inter - 2015 Champions League Group F.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9651/shamrockroversvinterinf.png

looks like a bug :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I just created a folder called graphics and moved all the graphics i already had into it. I don't have them in specific folders or anything within the graphics folder and they load up fine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

It really annoys me having to do so much to a game i just bought, not that i have to do it but the game does not look good without all the facepacks and logos and kits but its way too much work downloading files and trying to get them working properly. I've spent as much time doing all that stuff than i have playing the game so far, i'm giving up on it now and am just going to play the game and see how it goes.

I have a feeling i'll be back playing CM 01/02 on the 3.12 patch very soon, i'm just not a fan of these over detailed and over complicated games.

Yeah the facepack situation is a joke. Takes way too long to download, but a torrent should be out very soon! As for putting it in, wasnt hard at all, when I found out what to do of course lol!

Kits for 33 leagues:
    http://www.filefront.com/17483807/kits.rar

Extract to graphics/kits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Its hard work installing all this stuff

Struggling to getting decent training schedules going. :( None of my players attributes are improving.

Any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The kits one I downloaded won't work. No idea why.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The kits one I downloaded won't work. No idea why.

Working for myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Mac version is also on the PC disk isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Struggling to getting decent training schedules going. :( None of my players attributes are improving.

Any tips?

I always let the coaches to the trainung schedules in previous versions

Advertisement