Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 3 (Pre-Release)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hier Kommt Alex isn't exportable either... :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

NO! Anything but that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Oasis- Rock and Roll Star doesn't export either.

WTF!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

More bad news :(.
    Souring me in the build up (but I know I'll love it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I just found out that you actually have to have RB3 to get the free Doors songs (thought you could just get it from the marketplace) and I won't be able to afford Rock Band 3 for another few weeks. :(

On the plus side though, I found out that my DTXplorer drumkit will be fully compatible with the MIDI pro adapter when released, which was a huge sigh of relief for me! I really didn't want to invest in lots of splitters, connectors and expensive kickboxes just to get half-arsed compatibility with RB3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Journey is a significant lost :(

Oh well, the tonnes of new stuff in TWO DAYS (w00t!) may just make up for my loss :pac:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again!

Game launch this Friday.
    No instruments of any kind till December.

Game is going to be DOA now.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ongarite wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again!

Game launch this Friday.
    No instruments of any kind till December.

Game is going to be DOA now.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Where did you hear that?

HMV are still saying they're selling the keyboard on Friday.

Hotaru wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

HMV are still saying they're selling the keyboard on Friday.

It all over Twitter, etc.. Mad-Catz have just announced month delay.
    And HMV don't even the keyboard yet. I was in HMV today, they have the game alright waiting for release but absolutely no instruments in stock yet, only 2 days before game goes on sale.

And HMV don't even the keyboard yet. I was in HMV today, they have the game alright waiting for release but absolutely no instruments in stock yet, only 2 days before game goes on sale.

A mate is a store manager in Gamestop. They have the keyboards.

• Advertisement

A mate is a store manager in Gamestop. They have the keyboards.
    100% sure? Wasn't saying it as more of a "I know we will have the keyboards".

Edit: Might be just PS3 version, *sigh of relief*

I think its just the Mustang that's been delayed a month?

100% sure? Wasn't saying it as more of a "I know we will have the keyboards".

I sent him a message saying that I've been hearing bad news about the keyboards not being available at launch. He replied that it was a load of bull as he has them now.

Lol, as I'm writing this he just sent me a picture message. FACT! Gamestop have them.

Mad Catz Inc's last twitter update was 8 hours ago: How's everyone enjoying Rock Band 3?!

:confused:

Interesting (and very good news :D). Maybe this person I've been talking to do just got shafted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

yeah gamestop have them, fact.

and the game was released in the states already if i'm not mistaken?

Can you check if they have any PS3 keyboards?
    Will pre-order one there if they have them

Can you check if they have any PS3 keyboards?
    Will pre-order one there if they have them
    well i pre-ordered the game and keyboard yesterday and was asked if i wanted them for xbox or ps3 so i assume he would have said it wasn't available for the ps3 if that was the case.

Adam wrote: »
    and the game was released in the states already if i'm not mistaken?
    Yes, on Tuesday. This reportedly is/was a problem with Mad Catz's European production/distribution of the instruments. Stuff seems vague and in the air though, there's confusion.
    Rock Band and Europe seem to have such a weird relationship.

Yes, on Tuesday. This reportedly is/was a problem with Mad Catz's European production/distribution of the instruments. Stuff seems vague and in the air though, there's confusion.
    Rock Band and Europe seem to have such a weird relationship.
    yeah i checked the release date on their website last week and saw the 26th so i went in to town looking for it only to discover it wasn't out til friday!, hence the pre-order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I sent him a message saying that I've been hearing bad news about the keyboards not being available at launch. He replied that it was a load of bull as he has them now.

Lol, as I'm writing this he just sent me a picture message. FACT! Gamestop have them.

Indeed Gamestop do have them I preordered one on Sunday for the 360 as they only had two on Liffey St and they were already in the stock room. They're selling them for €70 which is €10 below what it should be.

So, what is everybody planning on playing first?!

I'm diving straight into pro keys. Forget the trainers, Walk of Life here I come!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,135 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, will probs jump in a keys career right off. I'm hoping this is one of the first songs, because nothing gets you in the RB spirit like some cheesy ass pop rock :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

So, what is everybody planning on playing first?!

I'm diving straight into pro keys. Forget the trainers, Walk of Life here I come!!

Pro keys too, but I'll be jumping straight into the tutorials! (to get to grips with the very basics)

Shipped this morning via 24 hour courier:)

Anyone here going to pick up Pro Drums? No interest myself, but I am curious as to their availability?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone here going to pick up Pro Drums? No interest myself, but I am curious as to their availability?

I asked in HMV out of interest and they told me they were not on the system, nor were the guitars.

calex71 wrote: »
    I asked in HMV out of interest and they told me they were not on the system, nor were the guitars.

Hmmm, I expected that news on the pro guitar front, but not the drums!

Eurogamer review is up.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-28-rock-band-3-review?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This was just added to the export guide for 360 on the rb site.
    '•NOTE: International players should enter the first 16 digits of their code directly into their console.'

Well thats sorted out how we export over here with our 25 character codes.

Oh and Zavvi / The Hut / Sendit (same company with same websites just different overlay) are selling the PS3 Mustang for £100 with free shipping. The 360 and Wii ones are still £120

I won't be getting RB3 myself for awhile yet (I'm so poor ;_; ) but I've already been pawing at D4RK ONION's keyboard and can't wait to try the game tomorrow :D

Then I can go back to Dublin and mourn the lack of RB3 in my life :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Any definitive word on when the midi adapter comes out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement