Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontline

Options
  • 20-09-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Some audience member just had a good go at Conor Kebab Lenihan on Frontline about the lack of support for small enterprise. It was a good strong rant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The government and Lenihan on it is getting decimated - and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Damn it I missed it :mad::mad::mad:

Was it like the last fella screaming and shouting about suing old ladies for fields

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Bit cringeworthy watching Lenihan there.

"You're the biggest spoofer of the lot" :mad:

Show will be on "RTE Live" website shortly to watch I assume, for those that have missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm sure one of our fellow boardsies will kindly upload some footage abd can't watch domestically...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

BluesBerry wrote: »

Was it like the last fella screaming and shouting about suing old ladies for fields
    That was the TV highlight of 2009. Love that mentaller.

LOL Loving the comedy section at the end - Class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I wish I hadn't watched the programme. I was nice & relaxed before I did & now I'm fuming. Our politicians are so far divorced from reality, it's f*cking scarey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The frontline is one of the better programming efforts of RTE ever possibly.
    PK is well placed in the role there too.

Well done RTE for once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

MidlandsM wrote: »

Well done RTE for once.

I disagree. Some over paid fool doing a half decent job for once is hardly worth commending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Biggins wrote: »
    LOL Loving the comedy section at the end - Class!

Holy sh1t! I couldn't believe that comedy skit at the end- was it taken off YouTube or something? They basically said Cowen is an alco and it finished with the someone singing 'Dirty Old Cowen' to the tune of Dirty Old Town.

I'd say the FF press office is on the phone to RTE right as we speak. Poor Brian's kids won't be able to handle the slagging at school.

MidlandsM wrote: »

Well done RTE for once.

Oh yes. Pat Kenny - the man who recently complained that his €650,000 a year pay packet was a pittance when compared to Premiership players like John O'Shea.

Another f*ckwit divorced from reality.

RATM wrote: »
    Holy sh1t! I couldn't believe that comedy skit at the end- was it taken off YouTube or something? They basically said Cowen is an alco and it finished with the someone singing 'Dirty Old Cowen' to the tune of Dirty Old Town.

I'd say the FF press office is on the phone to RTE right as we speak. Poor Brian's kids won't be able to handle the slagging at school.

It was bloody brilliant though! :pac:

Best comedy thing on RTE in ages - and I don't say that easily. :pac: :pac: :pac:

The full show should be available (See link below) later or tomorrow (as soon as they get to streaming it) :
    http://www.rte.ie/news/thefrontline/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 druidland

I really miss bull island though were still a long way from the quality of the gaybo years

druidland wrote: »
    I really miss bull island though were still a long way from the quality of the gaybo years

Quality & Gaybo. Not two words that I would readily associate together.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Em.. did anyone just see the "In defence of Brian Cowen" skit at the end of frontline just before the credits.

My jaw hit the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Damn it I missed it :mad::mad::mad:

LOL no, it wasn't a mental rant, it was a fairly sustained & coherent angry rant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Conor Lenihan and David McWilliams going head to head.

Lot of anger in the audience : couple of guys trying to get businesses started and redtape, they say, is holding them back.
    The guy claiming that NAMA is the biggest hinderance to the likes of him in the property game is not far from the truth.
    NAMA is keeping property prices artificially high in his view.

Owner of the Premier Group got short shrift from the audience.

Good show tonight.

cojack101 wrote: »
    Em.. did anyone just see the "In defence of Brian Cowen" skit at the end of frontline just before the credits.

My jaw hit the floor.
    LOL See previous posts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I cant believe they aired a skit like that, it will be the talking point all over the place tomorrow, this is the end of the goverment folks, general election within a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Funniest thing I have ever seen in my life. My face actually was this face :eek:. Me and my dad broke up laughing.

Id love to be a fly on the wall in Lenihans car when he switches his mobile on and Cowen calls him to tell him about it.

Someone in RTE will get the chop for that one! + I recon I know what the topic on Live Line will be tomorrow haha. It was disgraceful Joe! =P

I cant believe they aired a skit like that, it will be the talking point all over the place tomorrow, this is the end of the goverment folks, general election within a month.
    The golfer - "...and don't forget folks, you all voted for him - NO' wait, hang on a minute...you didn't!"

:pac: Class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

It was shocking, i hate F.F no doubt but R.T.E are meant to be impartial and this was a blatant attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Is it just me or does anyone else believe that Conor Lenihan is a bigger retard than Mary Coughlan therefore making him the biggest retard in government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

What is this skit you all mention?

Was it immediately after the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What is it with you and sensationalist nonsense?

orourkeda wrote: »
    What is this skit you all mention?

Was it immediately after the show?

When they stopped talking (said their goodbye's) and just before the titles rolled, they showed a number of skits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Boom: http://www.twitvid.com/TTZ3Q

Poor quality. Better one will be knockin around soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

David McWilliams was fantastic. Let the bond holders BURN:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement