Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Give us an add lads I'll be on for a while after 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

Couple of things.

1. That private lobby was great fun alright. Sorry for the lag, as I was host I think. According to Shammy that's down to my internet. It struggles sometimes with upload speeds. But I still seem to get picked as host at times.

2. People posting gamertags here to get invites, should go to the gamertags sticky and add there tag there. That means they can send out some invites too.

3. On the random join together game, it could also have been your clan tag, (BRDS) or else if you've a Prefer review for a player. I'm a bit cheeky, in that if I see a really weak player over a few games, I'll go and prefer them on the chance I'll get thrown into their lobby again. I've seen it work once or twice. And I got loads of kills out of it each time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

shawpower wrote: »
    Couple of things.

1. That private lobby was great fun alright. Sorry for the lag, as I was host I think. According to Shammy that's down to my internet. It struggles sometimes with upload speeds. But I still seem to get picked as host at times.

Tbf sat night on private there was nothing wrong with your hosting , its public rooms its dire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Think I sent you an addy the other day.
    Joedagreat93
    Remember lads, bring your ice-skates for the laggy games.

hahahaha that knives only on rusty was comical!:D:D:D......:pac:

Shammy wrote: »
    Tbf sat night on private there was nothing wrong with your hosting , its public rooms its dire :D

Is it normally bad for you? I usually see you with 4 bars when I'm host, so does that not help at all? Or is it just when I kill you loads that you complain about my hosting?? ;)

• Advertisement

Is it normally bad for you? I usually see you with 4 bars when I'm host, so does that not help at all? Or is it just when I kill you loads that you complain about my hosting?? ;)

Remeber when Brian jumped in the other night , and was complaining about who the host was.........and that was just 8 in a ffa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Remeber when Brian jumped in the other night , and was complaining about who the host was.........and that was just 8 in a ffa ;)

I've been complaining about bad hosts for about a week, some really bad lag Sat and Sun, I was getting 2-3 bars and suffering because of it. Also, I think my console is going to pack in actually, just a feeling. It's not as responsive as it should be, even as dashboard etc.

I'm nearly sure that wasn't me. I don't think I was playing FFA at all over the weekend. I don't tend to play it very often with you guys, so I'd be surprised if I was then...

Enigma IE wrote: »
    It's not as responsive as it should be, even as dashboard etc.

Too many rage quits?? ;);):P

I've been complaining about bad hosts for about a week, some really bad lag Sat and Sun, I was getting 2-3 bars and suffering because of it. Also, I think my console is going to pack in actually, just a feeling. It's not as responsive as it should be, even as dashboard etc.

Saturday night we were thrown in to a lot of yank rooms , hence why i left .If you have a lot saved onto the hardrive it can slow it down.
    New xbox out this week ;)

• Advertisement

I'm nearly sure that wasn't me. I don't think I was playing FFA at all over the weekend. I don't tend to play it very often with you guys, so I'd be surprised if I was then...

It was during the week , remember the 10th prestige that DIDNT camp with the sniper.
    Dont worry about it , i dont know how it picks the host but it is as it is, take for example Kev, his speeds are good but yet if theres too much grenades or pred's the room starts to go.
    Also Nitrox has 15 down 1 up and there for a while if he was hosting a 12 man room it would drop but yet he could host groundwar with no problems ....go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

Saturday night we were thrown in to a lot of yank rooms , hence why i left .If you have a lot saved onto the hardrive it can slow it down.
    New xbox out this week ;)
    Possibly so. Wouldn't mind getting a new black one with 250gb drive....

Possibly so. Wouldn't mind getting a new black one with 250gb drive....

Yeah thinking about it myself , i think hmv are giving the best deal.

how much???

how much???

I think its under a 100 with the elite as a trade in.

It was during the week , remember the 10th prestige that DIDNT camp with the sniper.
    Dont worry about it , i dont know how it picks the host but it is as it is, take for example Kev, his speeds are good but yet if theres too much grenades or pred's the room starts to go.
    Also Nitrox has 15 down 1 up and there for a while if he was hosting a 12 man room it would drop but yet he could host groundwar with no problems ....go figure.

Nope. Don't remember that. You sure I was online? I was playing golf on Tuesday & Wednesday evening so wouldn't have been on then. I'm pretty sure I wasn't to blame (this time)

I'm not bothered at all. I get picked as host reasonably often, so I'm not too bothered whether some people suffer in the game. :D (Although I mustn't be too bad, as I've never seen a host migration when I'm in the host seat. )

Nope. Don't remember that. You sure I was online? I was playing golf on Tuesday & Wednesday evening so wouldn't have been on then. I'm pretty sure I wasn't to blame (this time)

Jayus if i had known it was going to bug you that much i wouldnt have mentioned it.

Seeing as you cant remember , i'll refresh it for you , i joined your session in progress on skidrow , bumped into you 3 times and defo thought i had the drop on you , we were running the same class with one exception, i had sp you had lightweight, there was also an english guy , nice fellow who sent us both f/r.

Jayus if i had known it was going to bug you that much i wouldnt have mentioned it.

Seeing as you cant remember , i'll refresh it for you , i joined your session in progress on skidrow , bumped into you 3 times and defo thought i had the drop on you , we were running the same class with one exception, i had sp you had lightweight, there was also an english guy , nice fellow who sent us both f/r.

Ah yeah. I remember that now. Was that FFA? God, that's not like me to play that game mode. Have you seen him online since? I got the request, and accepted, but can't remember seeing him since.

(not bugged at all :) )

Ah yeah. I remember that now. Was that FFA? God, that's not like me to play that game mode. Have you seen him online since? I got the request, and accepted, but can't remember seeing him since.

(not bugged at all :) )

Once or twice but soon to be deleted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I've been complaining about bad hosts for about a week, some really bad lag Sat and Sun, I was getting 2-3 bars and suffering because of it.

Really bad lag here too,2-3 bars sat/sun/ just couldn't play with it.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Really bad lag here too,2-3 bars sat/sun/ just couldn't play with it.

Yeah, I saw you getting absolutely screwed in one game. You were on 1 bar at that stage. I began wondering whether you were playing abroad it was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

perrin and perrinV2?

Trilla wrote: »
    perrin and perrinV2?
    Shhh He (they) are Skitzo s ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Strangest thing the other night. Was playing a game of FFA on Afghan and was shot by someone who's details seemed familiar. Turned out to be a boardsie I'd added: x43r0. It was weird, both of us, boardsies playing on a map that I hadn't invited them in. Odd. :pac:

Yeah I joined your session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Will be on after work for a fair bit.. if anyone's up for TDM(E) or domination....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

I have the missus around for the next few days so won't be on again till Friday evening

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

shay wrote: »
    Will be on after work for a fair bit.. if anyone's up for TDM(E) or domination....

I might be on later shay,I'll send a friend request anyway

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

xbox live now expired... wont be renewing til mid September

Until then all the best lads, take em down!

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    xbox live now expired... wont be renewing til mid September

Until then all the best lads, take em down!

Ah Trilla why not ?

Advertisement