Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

I was on for a couple of games last night with Shammy, but think it was before the rest of the brds crew arrived. I was actually doing really well in most of the games and boosted my k:d a bit. Then there was a game on Derail when things go real eventfull...

I always Witch on this knife, as there is so much cover and people are either sniping or in the middle building (which lightweight & knife are great for clearing). I normally use Ninja & tac knife, but was running with the commando perk lsat night since I want to get the challenge for it finished. Anyway 6v6 TDM, and I get off to a lovely start. Pred in no time with five unanswered kills. Boom. Triple kill. Out with the harrier. One off the bomb run, and then it picks up another 2 soon after. Chopper Gunner. Just as the harrier is finished, I call it in. I quickly nab a few kills back at the shops where they were respawning, and I'm thinking it's going to be a beastly score.

But then it goes quiet. I'm spinning the gun around trying to find someone. But half their team quit out. :( We were down to 6v3 I think at that stage. I get 2 more assists from the chopper, and it leaves with me on 19:0.

At this stage another on of our friends (Mal) joins session and ends up on the other team. I'm over by the Northwoods, working my way around to the shops to pick up some more kills. I see a red dot in the trees beside me, and go and knife them. It was Mal.

At this point, a RL mate arrives at my front door, with some beers. :) So instead of just leaving midgame, I figure I'll park myself in a hiding spot beside the log cabin in northwoods, and just let the rest of the team finish out for the win, while I get my Flawless achievement for this prestige ending with a score of 20:1. So I take off my headset, and start chatting with my mate. Next thing I see Mal creeping into my hiding spot with his double rangers. I scramble for my controller, but too late. Dead. I was raging!! I should have moved on a bit from where I killed him as I know how people love to Revenge Kill. :D:mad::rolleyes: I picked up the controller to finish the game at this point and finished at something like 23:4. Still a nice score, but could have been a lot better if people hadn't quit and Mal hadn't revenge killed me. (Playing with friends isn't always good!!! :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

I must get some games in tonight with all you boardsie's, I've a terrible habit of starting to playing after work and then come 9 o'clock my head is fried and I can't keep playing, and thats usually when the fun begins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I'm usually on about 11 PM after work. Good games going then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I'm usually on about 11 PM after work. Good games going then

i dont really have a time i just have a 6th sense for when shammy's doing well and needs a pain in the ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

sierra117x wrote: »
    i dont really have a time i just have a 6th sense for when shammy's doing well and needs a pain in the ass :D

Rumour has it i was the reason you rarely play mw2 now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Tried to join some of the boards parties last night. Joined into chat plugged in the headset to say hello and .... nothing. Oh well that one doesn't work, no panic. Then I try the other headset and ... also nothing.

I ended up leaving the party all in the space of 10 seconds and no doubt looking very foolish to give the brother an earful for breaking both headsets!

I'm getting a headset this week and the brother is to keep well away from it!

shawpower wrote: »
    Why didn't you just use the first post? That's the whole idea... Although I hadn't got it updated for the last 2 pages I think...It'll be done today hopefully.

I did. . . but then I had to settle curiosity and make sure I didn't miss anyone by going through 9 more pages

yimrsg wrote: »
    Tried to join some of the boards parties last night. Joined into chat plugged in the headset to say hello and .... nothing. Oh well that one doesn't work, no panic. Then I try the other headset and ... also nothing.

I ended up leaving the party all in the space of 10 seconds and no doubt looking very foolish to give the brother an earful for breaking both headsets!

I'm getting a headset this week and the brother is to keep well away from it!

Not everyone I play with uses a headset. Having said that though I would highly recommend getting one asap :)

They're great for big parties of players you know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

On topic of headsets(which i need to get),would your standard headset outta an argos catalogue do the job?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    On topic of headsets(which i need to get),would your standard headset outta an argos catalogue do the job?

Either of these would be fine:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9253669/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5669068/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

• Advertisement

If your going to pay 30 euro you would be better off getting turtle beaches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

I have a couple o spares, I could send you one f.o.c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Argos have the turtle beach xlc for 15.99 at the moment.
    see linky.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=turtle+beach

BTW Funny you should mention the headset, I was saying to some of the lads from here last night that I'd start a thread petition to get you a headset :D:D

Great craic last night playing demolition, largely successful all night :pac:

Riot shield and blast shield = beast!

Highlight of the night - cooking a frag, throw through a door from an angle that was soo fecking tight, which rolled under the stairs at B in Quarry... triple kill!

That will be in my hand tomorrow :D
    (I could also pick up a modded pad :pac: notttt.)

shay wrote: »
    BTW Funny you should mention the headset, I was saying to some of the lads from here last night that I'd start a thread petition to get you a headset :D:D

Highlight of the night - cooking a frag, throw through a door from an angle that was soo fecking tight, which rolled under the stairs at B in Quarry... triple kill!

I was well annoyed when I got booted last night, my xbox wouldn't connect to the net :mad: my laptop worked fine but not the Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Yes that B in quarry was a bitch! like the blue campsite at oxygen! :pac::pac::pac:

Nothing a n00b tube, bottle of coke and akimbo rangers can't fix!:D

Same again tonight???? or now, im on now, sniff sniff ahem, ooooh this damned sickness!;)

Yes that B in quarry was a bitch! like the blue campsite at oxygen! :pac::pac::pac:

Nothing a n00b tube, bottle of coke and akimbo rangers can't fix!:D

Same again tonight???? or now, im on now, sniff sniff ahem, ooooh this damned sickness!;)

Ha ha - you were running amok with the akimbo rangers last night (think it was rundown - I'm brutal at remembering the names!) - I think Cossax had something to say about that :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya you guys were makin strategy at the start of some levels and sometimes I was finding it hard to hear,I'd find find myself planting at the opposite bombsite to where ye were,but the headset cableguy suggested looks good so hopefully I'll get that next week

Although on estate chnkylvr699 caused me to near **** a brick,on the far bombsite pretty quiet,I'm planting hes keeping a look out,nearly done when chnky says "o crap theres a guy here" boom hes dead, chnky"look out perrin!!!" boom i'm dead,just from the quietness to the excitement that caught me

Is this the turtlebeach ye all recommend? Thinking about it... but I bought the wireless one - wasn't cheap either :confused:

Ya you guys were makin strategy at the start of some levels and sometimes I was finding it hard to hear,I'd find find myself planting at the opposite bombsite to where ye were,but the headset cableguy suggested looks good so hopefully I'll get that next week

Although on estate chnkylvr699 caused me to near **** a brick,on the far bombsite pretty quiet,I'm planting hes keeping a look out,nearly done when chnky"o crap theres a guy here" boom hes dead chnky"look out perrin!!!" boom i'm dead,just from the quietness to the excitement that caught me

No worries - well if you need a regular one, give us a shout..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Is this the turtlebeach ye all recommend? Thinking about it... but I bought the wireless one - wasn't cheap either :confused:

Ear Force XLC

from the turtle beach website

Summary
    The Ear Force XLC is the ideal headset for cost-conscious gamers who want to enjoy improved game sound with their XBOX 360.

Unlike basic communicator headsets that only let you hear XBOX LIVE chat in one ear, the XLC combines high-quality stereo game audio with XBOX LIVE chat, eliminating the need for the mono communicator and external speakers.

The unique noise-reduction ear cushions help block out distractions, so you can concentrate on the game, enjoy the full impact of the stereo sound from your XBOX 360 and become a better player.

Features

Noise-reduction ear cups block out distractions
    Oversized 40mm speakers
    Eliminates game sounds picked up by chat mic
    Convenient in-line master volume control
    Hear XBOX LIVE chat plus game sound
    Specifications

Headphones
    40mm diameter speakers with neodymium magnet
    Speaker Frequency Response: 30Hz - 20kHz, >120dB SPL @ 1kHz
    Condenser Microphone Frequency Response: 50Hz - 15kHz
    Headphone Volume: Stereo
    Mic Mute Switch
    2.5mm plug for XBOX® mic output
    3.5mm plug for audio line input
    Cable length: 12 ft. (3.657m)
    Weight: 6.4 oz (233g
    Ear Force XBOX 360® Headsets – Comparison Chart
    Ear Force XLC- Low-cost, stereo headset with XBOX LIVE chat, compact, multi-pivot design and noise-reduction ear padding

Although on estate chnkylvr699 caused me to near **** a brick,on the far bombsite pretty quiet,I'm planting hes keeping a look out,nearly done when chnky says "o crap theres a guy here" boom hes dead, chnky"look out perrin!!!" boom i'm dead,just from the quietness to the excitement that caught me

HAHAHA, im a tard! Good to know you hear me, even if I do sound like a blind narrator :o :pac:

Ha ha - you were running amok with the akimbo rangers last night (think it was rundown - I'm brutal at remembering the names!) - I think Cossax had something to say about that :D

Ya favela I think, i was just getting used to um so it was mental + Cossax was hiding behind some pallets cooking sausages or something so he got me back alright :P

Bit off topic here, but I was thinking of picking up a Turtle Beach headset tonight if i get a chance, does anyone know what time argos on cruises street in limerick closes at tonight? Can't find it anywhere on the net

Bit off topic here, but I was thinking of picking up a Turtle Beach headset tonight if i get a chance, does anyone know what time argos on cruises street in limerick closes at tonight? Can't find it anywhere on the net

Not sure about cruises st , but the one in the cresent will be open until 9

Shammy wrote: »
    Not sure about cruises st , but the one in the cresent will be open until 9

If i wasnt such a lazy príck, i would just stop in there on my way into town. I am only around the corner from it like :p

Anyone up for a Riot Shield Roman Tortoise tonight ? :D:D:D

Should be fun if we could make it happen.

think i recorded the first match , if i did i'll put it up in the morning/afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Was playing with kersmash there tonight, had a beastly winstreak going for a while, was a good session!

• Advertisement

Appreciate the invite lads, sorry i couldn't join ye - only had a half hour or so before i'd to do stuff around the house.. hope ye kicked some hole!

Advertisement