Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the angriest you have ever been?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

i used to get angry when i was going out with a previous girlfriend...anytime we had an argument she would raise her voice and begin to shout at me. something i was new to. the only way to even get my point across was to shout louder then her. then she'd cry. thankfully she's an ex now. i have never raised my voice to those kind of decibals since. thankfully.

also, i smoke a small amount of weed every evening after work so anger is an emoition i very, very rarely feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

I once got so angered by a TV programme on RTE, that when I was writing my letter of complaint to Mike Murphy's "Mailbag", I actually broke the lead off my pencil.

I have since been to anger management classes & have my violent rage under control now.

i read this seriously. :o

then i seen it was you.
    star-pants wrote: »

:D brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

i read this seriously. :o

then i seen it was you.

Yep - I made that up. I actually wrote the letter with a pen. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I'd found out that one of my colleagues had been faking results of some testing we were doing. He was a bit of a dimwit, but thought he was clever - a dangerous dimwit.
    Anyway, the testing we were doing, if things went wrong, was very dangerous to say the least. Because he was faking the results, we were working well outside the safe limits.
    I stayed late one evening and was going over the data when it dawned on me what must be going on. I rang him up and arranged to meet him that evening in the middle of nowhere. I asked him about it and he came clean. He'd been faking the data for a while. So much so, that we were very close to causing an accident that would have killed thousands, possibly the next day.
    This guy was so stupid that he couldn't see the ramifications of his actions/ No matter how much I tried to impress upon him the seriousness of his actions, he couldn't grasp it. I was already angry and I don't mind telling you a little scared and relieved too, but his flippancy made me angrier and angrier.
    I have no memory of the next period of time or how long the period was. All I know is that I was awoken by some guy back in town behind a skip. no shirt on and my pants all ripped to shreds. As I was coming around, this guy, whom I now knew was a friend from the labs, was saying "David, David, are you ok? Did that big green monster do this to you?" I don't know if it did or if it didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'd found out that one of my colleagues had been faking results of some testing we were doing. He was a bit of a dimwit, but thought he was clever - a dangerous dimwit.
    Anyway, the testing we were doing, if things went wrong, was very dangerous to say the least. Because he was faking the results, we were working well outside the safe limits.
    I stayed late one evening and was going over the data when it dawned on me what must be going on. I rang him up and arranged to meet him that evening in the middle of nowhere. I asked him about it and he came clean. He'd been faking the data for a while. So much so, that we were very close to causing an accident that would have killed thousands, possibly the next day.
    This guy was so stupid that he couldn't see the ramifications of his actions/ No matter how much I tried to impress upon him the seriousness of his actions, he couldn't grasp it. I was already angry and I don't mind telling you a little scared and relieved too, but his flippancy made me angrier and angrier.
    I have no memory of the next period of time or how long the period was. All I know is that I was awoken by some guy back in town behind a skip. no shirt on and my pants all ripped to shreds. As I was coming around, this guy, whom I now knew was a friend from the labs, was saying "David, David, are you ok? Did that big green monster do this to you?" I don't know if it did or if it didn't.

At first I was like :eek::eek::eek:

Then I was all :D:D:D

At first I was like :eek::eek::eek:

Then I was all :D:D:D

It's late, I'm not sure if I would have bothered reading it.
    So, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

I got so angry one time I tore up a tissue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ah now if you'd said Bruce, it would have been funnier I think but I guess any name can be used.

Anyway, i've never got so angry I've wanted to lash out but when I do get angry I just go for a long walk to calm my nerves. It's the best medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

a freind got so angry at his old landlord, he froze his sh!t in the freezer and grated it all over the carpets in the house before he moved out. Couldent believe what he was doing at the time. I say the place smelt rank after a few days ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

When my sister's ex-boyfriend decided to use her as a punch bag , only because my brother pulled me off him I would have killed him.

3 weeks in hospital wasn't long enough and he has since moved away thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

nicegirl wrote: »
    Ahh you were referring to me there....

Therefore why you said this is beyond me??

And as for this post....grow up, and stick to the thread...if thats possible for you to do??

:(............................................................................................:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Today comes pretty close. Got a letter in the post from a woman who drove into me in town last year threatening to take me to court unless I pay just shy of €1000 to her to cover the damage to her car. Rang my insurance company and they said it might be better to accept cause as there were no witnesses and it would be easier to pay her.

I'm still fuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Kasabian wrote: »
    When my sister's ex-boyfriend decided to use her as a punch bag , only because my brother pulled me off him I would have killed him.

3 weeks in hospital wasn't long enough and he has since moved away thankfully.

Was it the stone cold stunner that put him in there? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I was pregnant and very hormonal.

My OH made me dinner and I was in a total fowler.. Anyway, he made an omelette which I normally love but I got into such a rage [nothing can explain pregnancy hormones] when he gave it to that I threw it at the wall….
    It wasn’t so funny cleaning up runny omelette from the curtains/tv/floor being 9 months gone..

Poor fella, I still feel terrible about that…

/It took many, many BJ’s to make up for that one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

i have a few problems with my temper.
    i broke my food press door once with a kick and put it like this drink doesn't suit me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I don't think I've ever been really really angry.

but when I am angry, my cork accent comes out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever been really really angry.

but when I am angry, my cork accent comes out :p

lol, there are few things as funny as seeing someone with a strong cork accent lose the rag, bloddy hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Long story short, I once beat up a scumbag on the bus who was hassling my auld fella. I didn't really think I was the type but I saw red when I saw him (totally unprovoked) giving my da aggro and eventually a clatter. For whatever reason weren't sitting together so the scummer thought my da was on his own and started having a go at him (I think he'd had a few drinks). That's when I got up and just went apeshít on him.

I had him in a chokehold and was punching him repeatedly and I'm sure I would have done more serious damage to him had the gardai not arrived.

I'm not the most family-concious person but something just kicks-in when you're met with a situation like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

last year my daughter and her other half broke up. i stayed out of it, offered my support, back seat, then i found out he had hit her, a team of rugby players could not have saved that guy, i went mad. i didnt care what people said about me, i tore into him. im not proud of what i did, but when it comes to my girls, hell has no fury like a mother, full stop.:mad:

Just to clarify, it wasn't me who hit her daughter :(

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ah now if you'd said Bruce, it would have been funnier I think but I guess any name can be used.
    Well, I'll be.
    I thought you didn't get it at all. Upon further research, he was called David in the TV series (which I used to watch) and Bruce in the comics/films (which I've never seen).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

You wouldn't like me when i'm angry...:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

sarmer wrote: »
    A few years ago, myself and some of my friends went to London for New Years. We were at trafalgar square and we were encircled by a crowd of sleazy scumbags who started hassling us. One 'scooped' me (as in instead of an ass pinch he scoop his hand 'under' and basically assaulted me) and I just flipped! I started slapping him and screaming at him and basically read him the riot act. My friends were shellshocked because Im quite laid back usually and they had never seen me like that before! The guys though loved the reaction they got unfortunately, and just thought it was hilarious :(

Saw this happen before in a club I was working in, 2 lads were at the bar and grabbing girls by the ass while they were waiting to get served, one girl was not impressed when she turned around and saw the two of the laughing so she walked up smiling, lifts her knee and connects perfectly with the guys family jewels, sending him crumbling onto the floor howling in pain..

The whole place piss*ed themselves laughing and the mate was mortified, grabbed his mate and scarpered.. was priceless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Des Carter wrote: »
    How does anger lead to fear? :confused:

In my experiences anger leads to you getting your ass kicked/getting in trouble or smashing up furniture computers etc.

It's a play on a Star Wars line.
    Keep up, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

last year my daughter and her other half broke up. i stayed out of it, offered my support, back seat, then i found out he had hit her, a team of rugby players could not have saved that guy, i went mad. i didnt care what people said about me, i tore into him. im not proud of what i did, but when it comes to my girls, hell has no fury like a mother, full stop.:mad:

I rant a lot but rarely get really get angry, just annoyed.
    But when I found out some lads at school were bullying my nipper, I was round the school the following day.
    The teacher I saw kicked for touch, said they'd look into it, etc. Waffled about bullying awareness classes and so on.
    I told her I'd be parked outside for the rest of the day waiting for them, and she therefore had a matter of hours to discipline them before I did.
    So they did - and came to tell me , which was very irritating in a sense because at that point I was entirely prepared to be the bigger bully and permanently maim every last one of the little pieces of ****.
    If someone hit my kid, I'd be prepared to rent a van, kidnap the prick and torture them in the Wicklow hills for days.
    The very thought of it enrages me beyond words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Make up your own joke about my username/this thread

I would say once every couple of years on average i completely lose the rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

I rant a lot but rarely get really get angry, just annoyed.
    But when I found out some lads at school were bullying my nipper, I was round the school the following day.
    The teacher I saw kicked for touch, said they'd look into it, etc. Waffled about bullying awareness classes and so on.
    I told her I'd be parked outside for the rest of the day waiting for them, and she therefore had a matter of hours to discipline them before I did.
    So they did - and came to tell me , which was very irritating in a sense because at that point I was entirely prepared to be the bigger bully and permanently maim every last one of the little pieces of ****.
    If someone hit my kid, I'd be prepared to rent a van, kidnap the prick and torture them in the Wicklow hills for days.
    The very thought of it enrages me beyond words.
    It doesn't help when you tell us where you'd be bringing them. :p I'm similar, two brothers used to bully my younger bro when we were in primary, one is 2 years older than me and the other is 2 years younger (same age as my brother). One day the younger brother came up to my estate to try grab a hold of my brother, little did he reailse I was watching from the garden, walked out and tipped him on the shoulder and "bang" the minute he turned around he got a nice one in the gut and dropped to the floor. His brother was up the other end of the road and was too sacred to come down because my dad was now outside watching.

Then after the weekend the two of them and one of the older brothers friends cornered us on the way home from school and I pushed my brother away and told him to just run home. That was a few digs I was prepared to take.

Jaysus, the things ya do for family. BTW, yes, it's the same brother that made me put my fist through the hot press door. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

lol, there are few things as funny as seeing someone with a strong cork accent lose the rag, bloddy hilarious :D

It must be the most non-threatening accent in the world.
    A couple of fellas tried to mug me on Patrick Street in Cork when I was 18.
    With that accent I just couldn't take them seriously, I just sort of walked off sniggering.
    It must have been the most pathetic attempt at a mugging ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead has never got angry in his life. Anger only leads to roads full of tears and horrible confrontations.
    Think it was Confucius who once said "Anger is only one letter short of danger"

No he actually said its one letter short of langer

Advertisement