Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adams: Government has to go

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Gerry Adams has said the Government of this country has to go. Speaking in Dublin today Mr Adams criticised the Taoiseach Brian Cowen and his handling of the current economic crisis. Mr Adams said the Irish people have been left "leaderless".

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/adams-government-has-to-go-457800.html

Thats a bit harsh isnt it. :p

If only Gerry would save his opinions for the parliament to which he has been elected :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

Quite apart from the fact that he has embarassed himself all too often on irish economics - does he know we use the Euro down here ?, isnt the Prime Minister in his country David Cameron ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

What does Adams want to do? plant a bomb or shoot them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

He would love to take over the reigns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Gerry Adams has said the Government of this country has to go. Speaking in Dublin today Mr Adams criticised the Taoiseach Brian Cowen and his handling of the current economic crisis. Mr Adams said the Irish people have been left "leaderless".

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/adams-government-has-to-go-457800.html

Thats a bit harsh isnt it. :p
    NO.Absolutely not.If people still cant grasp the fact that Fianna Fail has destroyed this country by now, Im flabbergasted. And fatpuss cowen was minister for finance while all this s***e was happening.

• Advertisement

Winty wrote: »
    What does Adams want to do? plant a bomb or shoot them
    Either of the above.

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Either of the above.

Killing is all a terrorist understands

NO.Absolutely not.If people still cant grasp the fact that Fianna Fail has destroyed this country by now, Im flabbergasted. And fatpuss cowen was minister for finance while all this s***e was happening.

The same Gerry and his buddy Marty were all to happy to be playing in the well known and long running Soap Opera, aka ' The Peace Process' with their very best buddy Bertie Ahern ?
    Where were the concerns about the economy then ?

I dont particularly like Adams or S.F. actually. But what fianna fail has done to this country is utterly despicable.E.g. Our great minister mcdaid driving down the wrong side of a motorway in his big merc pissed off his skull!!! In any other European country he'd be sacked (+jailed). But in Ireland? God help us.

I dont particularly like Adams or S.F. actually. But what fianna fail has done to this country is utterly despicable.E.g. Our great minister mcdaid driving down the wrong side of a motorway in his big merc pissed off his skull!!! In any other European country he'd be sacked (+jailed). But in Ireland? God help us.

You make a strong case as to why FF should go.
    Yes we do need a new leadership to try and get Ireland back on track but I dont want Mr Adams telling how thing should be done. I will listen to people from the SDLP or the Ulster Unionist Party before I want some terrorist telling the Irish how to run the state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I think Adams has to go. As an unelected person who resides outside the state he has no right to make demands about our government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

joolsveer wrote: »
    I think Adams has to go. As an unelected person who resides outside the state he has no right to make demands about our government.

He is elected as an MP and is the leader of a party represented in the Dail. He is more than entitled to have an opinion on the government of the day.

There is a hugely infantile trend on this site to dismiss statements and acts on the basis of childish insults about the person rather than the substance of the statement itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

isn't that just typical of him!

You make a strong case as to why FF should go.
    Yes we do need a new leadership to try and get Ireland back on track but I dont want Mr Adams telling how thing should be done. I will listen to people from the SDLP or the Ulster Unionist Party before I want some terrorist telling the Irish how to run the state.

Meanwhile in the real world the rest of us will make up our minds on what a politician says without looking at our shoes.

He is elected as an MP and is the leader of a party represented in the Dail. He is more than entitled to have an opinion on the government of the day.

There is a hugely infantile trend on this site to dismiss statements and acts on the basis of childish insults about the person rather than the substance of the statement itself.

Whislt many of the remarks about Adams have been light hearted or frivolous, Mr Adams himself has persistenly avoided the real questions that have been put to him about his previous activities. Need i mention a recent book ?

anymore wrote: »
    Whislt many of the remarks about Adams have been light hearted or frivolous, Mr Adams himself has persistenly avoided the real questions that have been put to him about his previous activities. Need i mention a recent book ?

I agree and have no time for him or his party. I was commenting on the inane prattle that the leader of one of the Dail parties has no right to comment on political matters in the 26 counties.

Meanwhile in the real world the rest of us will make up our minds on what a politician says without looking at our shoes.

What kind of jibberish is that, explain please I dont understand

I have made up my own mind, its just you dont like it

What kind of jibberish is that, explain please I dont understand

I have made up my own mind, its just you dont like it

I don't give a rashers, thats my point

The issue here is you are telling Adams, the leader of a party in the Dail, that he has no right to comment on matters because his party were once alligned with 'terrorists'. Newsflash - if you take that approach the only party in the Dail that you can listen too are the Greens...

In short, discuss what he has to say, not try and deny that he has a right to say it in the first place.

levies on wages?On top of our already reduced wages while the cost of EVERYTHING goes up? The best 'occupation' in modern day Ireland is an unemployed drug dealer.Get the drug money, stroll down to the social office and claim whats 'rightfully yours' as a 'citizen'.I shake my head sometimes and wonder why I get up and do 12 hour shifts. Dont worry though. Supercowan and his chronies have it all under control.GANGSTERS. Wheres me brown envelope?

I don't give a rashers, thats my point

The issue here is you are telling Adams, the leader of a party in the Dail, that he has no right to comment on matters because his party were once alligned with 'terrorists'. Newsflash - if you take that approach the only party in the Dail that you can listen too are the Greens...

In short, discuss what he has to say, not try and deny that he has a right to say it in the first place.

In farness his party wasnt aligned with terrorists; SF were the junior political wing ! And Adams was on the Army Council - the only person in the whole wide world who doesnt know that is apparently Gerry Adams himself !

• Advertisement

if you take that approach the only party in the Dail that you can listen too are the Greens...

All parties excluding the greens have a long long history that has connections to a violent past but Adams was the boss of a killing gang as little as 12 years ago and he still has blood on his shoes, thats why I never look at them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I see we're in for well reasoned debate here then.

Just to test your 'logic' - If "Killing is all a terrorist understands" why was there a peace process, an end to the violence and an agreement signed up to all parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

All parties excluding the greens have a long long history that has connections to a violent past but Adams was the boss of a killing gang as little as 12 years ago and he still has blood on his shoes, thats why I never look at them[/

your killing gang is another freedom fighters , anyway its irrelvant to op about adams comments , as leader of party thats has tds in this country he is entitled to do so , as leader of a party with 6% in opnion poles his comments have little or no value , they are ramblings of a far left lunatic fringe

Nodin wrote: »
    If "Killing is all a terrorist understands" why was there a peace process, an end to the violence and an agreement signed up to all parties?

Money my good man Money

20 Million stolen with permission from the Ulster Bank in Belfast paved the way from the arms to be put away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Money my good man Money

20 Million stolen with permission from the Ulster Bank in Belfast paved the way from the arms to be put away

The peace process started over two decades ago. There was a cessation before the arms were destroyed. You'll have to do better.

Nodin wrote: »
    The peace process started over two decades ago. .

Correct, but it was not until the Boys got their pension paid in cash that the guns was put away for Good*

* lets wait and see, we are not safe yet

All parties excluding the greens have a long long history that has connections to a violent past but Adams was the boss of a killing gang as little as 12 years ago and he still has blood on his shoes, thats why I never look at them

So don't, and I am of the same mind on Adams.

But I still amn't arrogant enough to say he has no right to comment on economic policy. He has more of a right to than IBEC for example....

Money my good man Money

:D:D

Fabulous.

danbohan wrote: »
    your killing gang is another freedom fighters

You are correct Freedom Fighters

If it were not for the good old PIRA we would all now be speaking English, watching Chelsea win the FA Cup and voting for our favourite to win the X factor

Can we get back to the OP please

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Cowen has 24 hours to leave the country

Advertisement