Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan is dead - Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

I really hope AH can have a bit of decorum at this news.
    Never a fan but he was a human, and not a bad chap, and has family and kids who could be regular posters.
    RIP

I agree.
    I think he came in for a lot of unfair criticism and had a lot of likeable qualities
    Never a big fan myself tbh, but i was just noting recently how his Ryan Confidential series on TV was actually quite good- he always seemed to have interesting guests on.

Loved or not, he'll definitely be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Was he meant to be on radio today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Horrible News. He will be a loss to RTE.

My condolences to his family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Just heard it on today fm.Tony Fenton is devastated.RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭shimbob

He is dead its al over the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh no! His poor family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I used to watch Secrets on a saturday night when I was kid with my family. He truly was a household name.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Then the opposite shuold be true, people should be allowed to post their negative opinions on him also.

Personally, I lost all respect when he claimed that he was "Worth" the salary of C. 15 nurses

This isnt the point! His family have just lost him, kids have lost a father. It costs you nothing to keep your negative comments to yourself. Just to have a bit of respect!

Would you go to his funeral and slag him off to his family? Would you send them texts messages now saying "Your husband was a wanker"?

No you wouldn't, so why would you do it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

RIP Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The 2fm DJs sound pretty down today, Rick O'Shea in particular sounded pretty shell shocked.

This is so sad :(
    RIP Gerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Im actually a little bit sad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

He is dead ffs! Have some compassion!

He is someone's son / brother / uncle / family member etc!

If someone in your family died would you be happy reading some of the comments posted in here already?

Yes it is After Hours but a bit of respect for the dead doesn't take a lot!
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Kimia wrote: »
    Why didn't they mention anything on the 2fm 3 oclock news??
    They did on Today fm. :confused:

According to Sean Moncreif's twitter, RTE are holding on till 5pm for some reason.

They're hardly waiting till they get a showreel/montage together?!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Sympathies obviously to his family and close friends

Just goes to show though that you really need to mind you health and do everything you can to treat your body with the respect it deserves .... he was a man who enjoyed the 'finer' things in life and has obviously suffered the consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

RIP Gerry:( Perhaps people with nothing respectful or nice to say should just refrain from posting. Does make you feel better by saying crap like that? No? Then just keep it to yourself. Crap like that makes me hate the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Thats terrible. Poor man. RIP. I always liked him on the radio. Ryan Confidential was brilliant. God bless his family and partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Thats shocking. He was only 53

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Extremely talented man. Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

nothing on http://twitter.com/MiriamOCal anymore..told to take it down?Maybe Rte are waiting till there sure the family have been notified and all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was never a fan of him on the radio really but I used to always watch this when I was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Could this be a record of every forum on boards.ie with a Thread title GERRY RYAN DEAD :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

His name is very familiar, never really knew he was was though. RIP. His poor family:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,821 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

connundrum wrote: »
    According to Sean Moncreif's twitter, RTE are holding on till 5pm for some reason.

They're hardly waiting till they get a showreel/montage together?!

Out of respect, I guess.

A lot of which this thread is lacking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I didn't like him as a broadcaster, but like others said, he's still a human being - he's got young kids, for christ sake.

My thoughts are with the family
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Thats awful news RIP Gerry.
    I'm actually quite upset about this like him or loathe him he was a household name and will be missed by many.
    And for the record i liked him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

That is awful
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭shimbob

30/04/2010 - 14:45:13
    Broadcaster Gerry Ryan has died.

The body of the 53-year-old was found at his Leeson Street apartment this morning.

The father-of-five from Clontarf in Dublin had been broadcasting on 2fm for over two decades.

Gardaí say they are investigating - however it’s not thought foul play is suspected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Regardless of anything, I enjoyed some of his shows when I was a kid.
    Love him or hate him, he did entertain some people.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Haven't heard his show properly in years but regardless of what some might think, I always found him an entertaining presenter regardless of his opinion on subjects.

RIP Mr Ryan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement