Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan is dead - Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

• Registered Users Posts: 38,147 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very Sad News. He was only on Tv a few nights ago.

He was very good in Spin The Bottle and Paths to Freedom if anyone saw them shows.

My heart goes out to his Family and Friends. Especially His 5 Kids who are now left without a dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

many other people have died today, why do people always feel the need to post pages and pages of RIP on here for the more famous ones? its another sad aspect of the "celebrity" obsessed culture we live in.

Well he was an icon, he was known to the public, liked by them, he done a good job, he entertained us for years, he rose awareness for a lot of things even if only he spoke of them on his show breifly, he had a massive audience.

I know many people have died today, but we do not know them, nor have they had an effect or influence on our lives, we didn't hear of them every day on the radio, they didn't play me music or chat about interesting topics to me.

It has nothing to do with the obsession of celebrities, it has everything to do with the love of another human being for who they are, he wasn't only liked, he was admired and adorned by his fans, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

RIP Gerry my thoughts go to his family

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

RIP. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sad news whether you liked him or not.

RIP and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,864 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

It's was mentioned on Newstalk 3 o'clock news there.. shocked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gerry-ryan-found-dead-455930.html

didn't always agree with the man but he was a larger-than-life personality and the irish airwaves will be emptier without him. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Very sad news, was only watching him on the box last night interviewing Heather Mills.

RIP Gerry

Me Ma will be devastated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Sad news. Feel bad for his family as death can never be easy.

Hope they're ok in this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

His wikipedia page updated already.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Was never a fan but still sad and one feels for his family . Mention of his death has being added to his biop on Wiki

RIP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Was never a huge fan but used watch "Secrets" back in the day as it was always on before Star Trek: The Next Generation.

RIP Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Shocking news, was only watching him on TV last night.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,941 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

RIP Gerry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maccer666

dont like to be hearing this about anyone
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

many other people have died today, why do people always feel the need to post pages and pages of RIP on here for the more famous ones? its another sad aspect of the "celebrity" obsessed culture we live in.

Well most of the other people who have died today wouldn't have been known my most of the people on boards so therefore it would be pointless to post a page about them.

For those who did enjoy Gerry Ryan, they have every right to post their condolences and pay respect to the man. I can't say I was one of them and I don't agree with people bad mouthing him on here but at the same time, people are free to pay their respects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

This is just weird.

How could he be dead. He was on only on TV last night. It's unbelievable. What happened him?

No more Gerry Ryan on the radio, no more Ryan Confidential, no more operation Transformation.

This is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Was far from a fan but very sad for his children and family.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Sad news. Feel bad for his family as death can never be easy.

Hope they're ok in this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

RIP Gerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

RIP. I feel sorry for the family that he left behind.
    Never liked him so my opinion isn't going to change just because he is dead. All you hear when people die is how great they were no matter what they did when they were alive...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Rest in peace in peace?
    Do you have to be pedantic in a thread like this? :rolleyes:

RIP Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Why didn't they mention anything on the 2fm 3 oclock news??
    They did on Today fm. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Shocking news... RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Loss of an absolute legend:(

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Because those people haven't been part of the national psyche for 25 years. I don't even listen to radio and I was shocked at this news, and no, I'm not "celebrity obsessed" either.

Some people are absolutely determined to go against the flow, just for its own sake.

RIP Gerry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement