Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me or is AH filling up with Children and thanks whores?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Oh and it's pistols at dawn for me and you missy :cool: Bring your jacket, it's gonna be cold out.

bring it, popeye always irritated me, so i have alot of pent up aggression to unleash :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

What I hate is some poster picking a newspaper article about something bad happening somewhere in the world (usually to children) for the sole purpose of gathering people together to say how terrible it is. Eg: "5 year old boy in Alabama raped by wolves."
    What discussion is supposed to take place around these articles? Amongst 6 billion people bad sh1t happens every day. If there was no internet you'd never have heard of 99% of these and the truth is you actually don't give a fck any more than the 'your ma'/terrible pun brigade.
    When the next similiar article appears in the Daily Mail you'll take your self-righteous indignation onto that thread and Baby P/Maddie/whoever will be forgotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

bring it, popeye always irritated me, so i have alot of pent up aggression to unleash :pac:

Well I'm not popeye :p I'll be bringing a can o' whoop ass, not spinach :cool:

You have been forewarned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Hard to tell if boards has changed all that much of late.
    I hate all the "in" jokes that clog up a lot of the threads on boards (well mainly AH). I think flirting should be kept to PM as it ruins many good threads. I just hit ignore button on the usual suspects looking for thanks. Some of the younger posters are actually quite good so I don't necessarily agree it's always "children" ruining boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Meh, I've been here nearly 10 years. Can't say AH has changed that much at all.

Have to agree.

AH has always had it's share of attention seeking creeps, annoying newbies and hilarious ones (criticized out of jealously), sound posters, whingers, smartarses (or at least, people who think they are, haters, begrudgers, misogynists, thanks whores, thanks sluts, feminists, protesters and legends.

What's really quite funny is that the people that usually complain about discussion topic quality going downhill are the very fcuking ones who hardly ever start their own damn threads.

It's the equivalent of living in a houseshare and never buying food, yet still having the cheek to ask why there's no parma fcuking ham in the fridge.

Contribute or button it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Bonito wrote: »
    Well I'm not popeye :p I'll be bringing a can o' whoop ass, not spinach :cool:

You have been forewarned :D

i'll bring a can of lead and lob it at your head :pac:

Alessandra wrote: »
    Hard to tell if boards has changed all that much of late.
    I hate all the "in" jokes that clog up a lot of the threads on boards (well mainly AH). I think flirting should be kept to PM as it ruins many good threads. I just hit ignore button on the usual suspects looking for thanks. Some of the younger posters are actually quite good so I don't necessarily agree it's always "children" ruining boards.

:o Guilty, I'm sorry I wont do it anymore I promise :)

Jazzy wrote: »
    :eek:

best thing ever by miles

its feckin brilliant isn't it? "hahaha!"

i'll bring a can of lead and lob it at your head :pac:
    My lead will be in my pistol, not a can :cool:

• Advertisement

Bonito wrote: »
    My lead will be in my pistol, not a can :cool:

look, if you're gonna spunk on me or something, not on the face :P

look, if you're gonna spunk on me or something, not on the face :P
    That would involve us gettin' a bit closer than 12 paces, turn and fire ;)

good, close enough for my lead tin in the face plan.

we are gonna get in trouble!!!!!!
    i'm stopping now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Thread title irony :pac:

good, close enough for my lead tin in the face plan.

we are gonna get in trouble!!!!!!
    i'm stopping now!
    Jeeeez at least gimme a hug before you plant me across the head! :)
    Ermmm back on topic. I thank an awful lot of posts, i'm not a thank whore, it's because they've either given me a laugh or I agree with them and they just happened to post theirs 1st. My laptop is unbelievably slow at times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Hasn't changed a bit in 11 years by the looks of this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭christmasinjuly

oh my is boards.ie that old?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

It has, nowadays that thread would be left open and have had 26 pages by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Lol.

Why was that thread locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Lol.

Why was that thread locked?

Cos it's in ah and not pi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oh my is boards.ie that old?

Yes boards.ie is that old, 12 year old infact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

sdonn wrote: »
    BTW - I'm posting this to make a point, not to whore a whole pile of meaningless thanks.

Yeah right!

You had all this written up, but waited until just after mid-night so you could get thread of the day!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm not around long enough here to comment on perceived changes. But if a post is funny or shares my opinion, then it deserves a thanks I think. But if people want to preselect or dictate what others want to post or start as a Thread, then what's the fcuking point. Since I joined last October, I've seen great threads, $hit threads, funny threads, serious threads, threads I wouldn't even read and threads I can't stop reading. Isn't that the point of Boards.ie - there should be a little something for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Wow, our resident coprophiliac thinks the place is too low brow.

A dark day for After Hours.

Like clockwork the resident thankswhores appear to thank your post.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

I thanked to be ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

Sooooo how does one actually 'thank' a post/poster
    Forgive my ignorance but i am but a newbie:p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You need more posts. Once you have enough you'll see a thumbs up button on posts, click that to say "thanks".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You need to have 25 posts to be able to Thank posts, go here to get your count up :) - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=484

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

wtf? YOU ARE A NEWBIE!!!!!

/rant

Everyone is a newbie compared to the 1998 forum originals.

Advertisement