Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hector & Tommy's Craic House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭andrew90

Please say that wasn,t a pilot for a new show, utter crap,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Looking back, it seems like it was made and edited as part of a college project - so so badly made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 StayDown

I'd say twas just a one off christmas special thing, but yea, even the cameras were all over the place, it felt like I was watching Cloverfield or something with the shaky cameras! Really disappointed the cut out the hardy bucks stuff as I couldn't even hear the vids properly on the night!!

This show was directed by the same guy who directed the Catherine Lynch show that was on last Christmas.

[FONT=&quot]Absolutely[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]appalling [/FONT]stuff.

How he still gets work - I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Don't watch it then.

Touchy much?

Saw it once and laughed at the drones in the background and have nit watched it since.

It's like hello magazine for men IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Saw it once and laughed at the drones in the background and have nit watched it since.

I never really pay attention to the folks in the background.
    I be watching the cars and whatever odd challenge the lads will have on.
    Plus the funny interview type thing they do with the guests.

You should try watching it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Saw it once

It was only on once!

But will be on again New Years Day (Repeat I think)

It was only on once!

But will be on again New Years Day (Repeat I think)

Pssst

She was talking about TopGear in that post

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Pssst

She was talking about TopGear in that post

Sorry. I thought I was in the Tommy and Hector thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭johnfunk

StayDown wrote: »
    This show was directed by the same guy who directed the Catherine Lynch show that was on last Christmas.

[FONT=&quot]Absolutely[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]appalling [/FONT]stuff.

How he still gets work - I'll never know.

I worked on a show he directed once - lets just say he was a see you next Tuesday! The shaky camera is a trademark of his

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dwibs

absolute ****E!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

It was worse than the night Cork nearly drowned

Sorry. I thought I was in the Tommy and Hector thread!

But of course you are. She simply made reference to it being, in her view, as crap as TopGear.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Antbert

Saw it once and laughed at the drones in the background
    You sure know how to watch a TV show. I'm not sure what you require of a studio audience...

Anyway, Craichouse, horrific stuff. I didn't know there was a Kevin Myers interview. I turned over at the ad break. Then I thought maybe I was being a little too harsh, and turned back for that wheel accent thing. Then I turned it off again.

I like that in general Tommy Tiernan offends so many people, but that's all really. Certainly not enough to make this show bearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Touchy much?

All the time but then I am not the type of person who sees something once and then insults the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I turned this on and got I would say literally 30 seconds of the Paul Galvin interview and then quickly switched over to something else.

If there is one thing that I can spot it's sh*te on tv and the show was one big steaming pile of it.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    I turned this on and got I would say literally 30 seconds of the Paul Galvin interview and then quickly switched over to something else.

You got the whole interview so Hank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lefournier

andrew90 wrote: »
    Please say that wasn,t a pilot for a new show, utter crap,

Kindof... these boyos will get their own show on 2FM in the new year.

http://www.rte.ie/about/pressreleases/2009/1221/2fmnewschedule211209.html

After TT's disgraceful holocaust rant at Electric Picnic, and the insulting "apology", this is RTE rewarding failure:

http://www.politics.ie/media/119964-rewarding-failure-tommy-tiernan-joins-pat-neary-rody-molloy.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

It reminded me of topgear where hoards of nerds stand around drooling at every word their heroes speak - sad

please do not even attempt to compare this tripe to the brilliance that is top gear, the top gear christmas special was the best piece of christmas programming this year by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

I'd have had more fun in a real crack house, and I don't do drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SeymourHersh

Didn't laugh once.

Mind you, I stopped giving Tommy Tiernan the benefit of the doubt years ago. The sight of a 40-year-old geezer impersonating a kid with Down's Syndrome just to get a cheap laugh isn't the sort of thing that floats my boat.

Strange that RTE have suddenly decided to embrace the guy.

What were they waiting for all these years, clarification of his views surrounding the Holocaust?

Give me Val Falvey any day. At least it's harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm really glad this is on TV, especially as a once off TV special. For so long, I've heard people give out about Irish comedians not getting their chance etc.

Craic House; finally we can say that Tommy/Hector are sh!te on TV and that any show they have is just boring.

The Byrne Ultimatum; Jason Byrne proves he has no talent, and only he finds himself funny.

Val Falvey; Ardal O'Hanlon shows that he'll never come close to any similar talent level he reached when in Father Ted.

You've got to give it to RTE for at least trying these guys out with short runs and giving them a chance (yet failing) to show they are any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Total and utter $hite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I enjoyed it, got a few laughs out of it so I'm happy enjoy.

Although I always enjoy Hector anyway, but the show (and Hector) really showed Tommy T up for what he is - an unfunny, and stupid little bollox.

I'll watch it again if I happen to flick across it, however I wouldn't set my schedule for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Thought it was alright myself. But far too heavily edited. Hardly heard Kevin Myers talk at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lefournier

I'm really glad this is on TV, especially as a once off TV special. For so long, I've heard people give out about Irish comedians not getting their chance etc.
    You've got to give it to RTE for at least trying these guys out with short runs and giving them a chance (yet failing) to show they are any use.

No, I don't give RTE any credit for its comedy efforts. Their record of unremitting failure must point to an organisational problem, not your conclusion that Irish comedians are useless.

The basic problem is that good comedy is very intensive. It requires a large creative team whereas a drama series can be scripted by one or two writers. RTE is not going to spend money on that kind of talent when they have an army of bureaucrats to support.

Of course, a super-talented individual can do the job with limited resources but how often is that going to happen? Frank Hall and Dermot Morgan were rare examples and what was their reward - muzzled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Funny in parts. But it seemed like a bit of a love feast. Very strange get your old school friends around to tell you how great you are on TV.

I would not mind if the actually did something of importance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

But it seemed like a bit of a love feast. Very strange get your old school friends around to tell you how great you are on TV.

I would not mind if the actually did something of importance.

Defo a love in situation - loving each others ego's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I know this forum bitches about EVERY Irish programme but how the **** did this make air?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

I don't think we've seen much good comedy from RTÉ. Don't think making shows and encouraging comedians to host them seem to work. It's been proven by Catherine Lynch, Jason Byrne, Neil Delamare etc.

They've all had their go at taking comedy to a live studio audience and the results were pretty poor. This "Craic House" being another project which proves it.

Perhaps a "Live at the Apollo" Themed show, which is pre-recorded and comedians are invited to show case their talent to the open mic.
    Many of us would prefare, for RTE to tip into HMV and buy a dozen Stand of Comedian DVD's and just play them.

Dara O'Brien's DVD was broadcast their on BBC last week, and was well worth a look IMO.

RTÉ must be kicking themselves, regretting the day when they rejected the Father Ted proposal. They had first refusal. Dunno' what is going on with that shower in Montrose. And I have to say, this years Christmas Telly that they broadcast was complete ****e. A double episode of The Simpsons on Christmas Day? Wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

people still believe rte were offered Father Ted ???

Advertisement