Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enough with the Mary Harney jokes!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

If you are in the public eye, you are open to criticism - rightly or wrongly - for just about everything, including your size. That's just the way it goes.

The fact however, that she is the Minister for HEALTH however, goes some way to making this more of an issue - for someone who clearly couldn't give a f*ck about her own health to be presiding over the nation's health system, makes it a very questionable appointment indeed.

To be honest, if her size were her biggest crime, I would be quite happy with her, but the fact that she's failed to control the HSE in any shape or form is quite simply a huge failure on her behalf & a massive let down on the behalf of the nation.

I see what you did there :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

harney's a fat cnut, and if you are a fat cnut, people are gonna take the piss out of you. OP, I suspect you are mary harney.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If you are in the public eye, you are open to criticism - rightly or wrongly - for just about everything, including your size. That's just the way it goes.

The fact however, that she is the Minister for HEALTH however, goes some way to making this more of an issue - for someone who clearly couldn't give a f*ck about her own health to be presiding over the nation's health system, makes it a very questionable appointment indeed.

To be honest, if her size were her biggest crime, I would be quite happy with her, but the fact that she's failed to control the HSE in any shape or form is quite simply a huge failure on her behalf & a massive let down on the behalf of the nation.

lol...
    she is a fat useless cvnt...and the op is obviously a fat lover :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I could say something - but I won't - other than I wish she would retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm Harney, Mary mary Harney,
    So Harney, mary mary harney tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ah, in fairness .. some were good, like ..

Mary Harney's so fat that the only thing she can fit into in Brown Thomas' is the dressing rooms.

Mary Harney's so fat that , she measures 36 24 36, and the other arm is just as big.

Mary Harney's so fat that , her driver's license says "Picture continued on other side."

Mary Harney's so fat that , at the zoo, the elephants started throwing HER the peanuts.

Mary Harney's so fat that, she put on a Malcolm X T-shirt and a helicopter tried to land on her

Mary Harney's so fat that, she wore guess jeans and the answer popped out.

Mary Harney's so fat that, she's got more Chins than a Hong Kong phone book!

Mary Harney's so fat that, that when she walks backwardsl you hear beep, beep, beep.

Mary Harney's so fat that, she won't pose for photo, only posters.

Mary Harney's so fat that, she went to the cinema and sat next to everyone

Mary Harney's so fat that, she has to iron her clothes in the driveway.

I agree, though .. enough already with the fat jokes. Ffs people - there's a time and a place you know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Biggins wrote: »
    I could say something - but I won't

Ah ya will ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Her job is to run the health service, not set an example - that would not be relevant to her job, which is administration and management.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

aine-maire wrote: »
    I agree with op.
    Little wonder that women are so poorly represented in Irish politics. Just because she is in the public domain people seem to think that they have the right to ridicule and belittle her because of -of all things- her size.

Criticise her political policies if you must.
    Criticising her based on her physical appearance is not on.

http://timmywantasnickers.ytmnd.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If it was an obese, ugly man running the health service, nobody would care.

Not that I don't dislike Harney and have made the odd crack myself, but the health angle doesn't wash. You may as well say every minister should be physically or intellectually commensurate to their office - that the minister for sports should be athletic; a finance minister should have a financial background (or even just a clean fiscal background, heaven forbid) or a foreign minister should be a polyglot.

While she is wrong to let herself get so clearly obese, it hardly detracts from whether or not she succeed in a high-level administrative job.

You may as well ban fat people from becoming doctors, surgeons or nurses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Only the fat defend the fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well I'm a 48-year-old, 35 stone virgin living with my mother... so yeah.

Seriously, Harney was actually quite pretty when she was younger - saw on Reeling In The Years. But she was also fatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It's simple thing...being fat is a sign of a weak willed person.
    You can trot out all the usual excuses...it's my thyroid, my glands, my 5 chocolate cakes a day etc etc..but simply put all are treatable if you get off ur fat ass and make the effort. I know i did.
    If a person can't respect themselves how can they expect others to respect them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Dudess wrote: »

Seriously, Harney was actually quite pretty when she was younger - saw on Reeling In The Years. But she was also fatter.

DOES NOT COMPUTE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

in fairness, she'd be graceful under water

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Doesn't Mary Harney look the spit of Jabba the Hutt off of Star Wars.?

Stop, she looks nothing like Jabba the hutt..... actually maybe if she shaved....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

old gregg wrote: »
    in fairness, she'd be graceful under water

Whale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

rizzee wrote: »
    Whale?
    yep

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Doesn't Mary Harney look the spit of Jabba the Hutt off of Star Wars.?

Is it me or do a lot fat people, once they get to a certain size, start to look a bit like jabba..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Its only fat people that don't like the harney jokes, tenner bets the op is a bit of a tubber :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Fat people possibly defend Harney, and people who think fat jokes are boring, and made by very stupid unfunny ****.

Shes fat, get over it. Fat jokes are for 6 year olds. Or Pat Kenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Berkut wrote: »
    It's simple thing...being fat is a sign of a weak willed person.
    You can trot out all the usual excuses...it's my thyroid, my glands, my 5 chocolate cakes a day etc etc..but simply put all are treatable if you get off ur fat ass and make the effort. I know i did.
    If a person can't respect themselves how can they expect others to respect them?

Winston Churchill was hardly a renowned salad dodger. I don't think it would be correct in saying he was weak willed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Dudess wrote: »

Me too!! Wanna get together? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Berkut wrote: »
    And what about people who smoke and drink, or people who aren't fat but are extremely unhealthy? Would you include all of those in the "How are we expected to respect them category"? That's a hell of a lot of people your crossing off your "respect" list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Id say she would leave some Dump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Hootanany wrote: »
    Id say she would leave some Dump

:eek:

My god... You think she craps??

I had just assumed that she was born without an anus and that over her 127 year or so lifespan she was just.... filling up..

Wow.. She is just fat.

[Edit] No more posting in this thread for me.. It's not even challenging.. and I'm just sticking to the fat jokes so far, Not a word about her disgracefull political career and choices.. Insulting that woman is easier than stealing rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I was always told not to go out with a girl thats arse is bigger than your Television 50" Plasma am i borderline should i or is she just Fat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Why do you care? Or is it the jokes are driving you mental because same old:D

But i dont agree with calling her fat not right to insult people on how they look because can hurt others who are larger ladies and men.

I do not mind any one calling her other names that suit her nasty personality though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

WindSock wrote: »
    She's FAT. WE know. There certainly are no skeletons in the rest of the cabinet ;)

there are no skeletons in her closet cause she ate the whole body.

Advertisement