Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free electricity?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

Where is the loss with a pendulum in a vacuum, or will it keep going forever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

the yore ma has been sounded
    this conversation is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Seriously, it's quite easy to get electricity by induction from any overhead power line.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Where is the loss with a pendulum in a vacuum, or will it keep going forever?

The energy is just being converted from potential to kinetic and back to potential again.
    I'd imagine that friction in the pendulum joint would cause some of the energy to be converted to heat which would eventually cause the pendulum to stop, even in a vacumn.

"Flux capacitor" reminds me of that Busted 'Year 3000' song...
    it would remind most people of back to the future tho :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Banter Joe wrote: »
    The energy is just being converted from potential to kinetic and back to potential again.

So free electricity is potentially possible?...........................:pac:

grabs coat and runs...............

I'd imagine that friction in the pendulum joint would cause some of the energy to be converted to heat which would eventually cause the pendulum to stop, even in a vacumn.
    I understand that. I'm looking for a source of loss in the system. Or will its motion continue perpetually

Magnetic bearings, zero friction!
    It would eventually stop as gravity will be acting to pull it down.

But isn't the gravitational force the force which converts the potential energy into kinetic.

If I'm thinking correctly (which I'm probably not) that is part of the system, not loss in the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Apparently I decided to ignore gravity for some reason!

• Advertisement

But isn't the gravitational force the force which converts the potential energy into kinetic.

If I'm thinking correctly (which I'm probably not) that is part of the system, not loss in the system

On every upswing the force of gravity is against the pendulum, on every downswing it adds to it. The attraction between the pendulum and the centre of the earth is stronger when the pendulum is at the bottom of its swing, eventually it would stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Yeah, it can't be destroyed either, so where the hell is it all going? :pac:

Space, easy to get back it is not.

On every upswing the force of gravity is against the pendulum, on every downswing it adds to it. The attraction between the pendulum and the centre of the earth is stronger when the pendulum is at the bottom of its swing, eventually it would stop.
    Ok, I'll take that. It would be fair minute, but ya in theory that would work I guess.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hydroelectricity is nearly free, after the startup costs.

Solar likewise but even lower maintanance costs , but startup costs mean it's cheaper to pay the ESB than pay for the interest on the loan.

At present the things you should do to reduce your energy bills is replace your appliances with more energy efficient ones and improve home insulation, unless you have access to a stream or have room for a wind turbine and pumped storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

This video is old and this guy had for a few weeks how to make these machines online. He got to making 90% of it and had 1 video to go. He was talking about oil industry and govenments not wanting him to release these machine. The last video never came online and it changed to a web site selling ebook. I think he was paid off or worst stopped by force. As for the machine it seemed posibble. The force from the magnets catch the rotating bar just after gravity pulled it past the 7 o'clock mark. Then pushed it up to 1 o'clock where more would push it down to 7 o'clock.

I am hoping some one somewhere got it working and we will see it ourselves working soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

gar32 wrote: »
    This video is old and this guy had for a few weeks how to make these machines online. He got to making 90% of it and had 1 video to go. He was talking about oil industry and govenments not wanting him to release these machine. The last video never came online and it changed to a web site selling ebook. I think he was paid off or worst stopped by force. As for the machine it seemed posibble. The force from the magnets catch the rotating bar just after gravity pulled it past the 7 o'clock mark. Then pushed it up to 1 o'clock where more would push it down to 7 o'clock.

I am hoping some one somewhere got it working and we will see it ourselves working soon.

shades of nicola tesla and his radient energy,there.
    from what i could make out googling it the generator from this company,lutec, isn't commercially available.
    still hard to figure if it's real or a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

wudangclan wrote: »
    still hard to figure if it's real or a scam.
    gar32 wrote: »

It's a scam. The universe does not work like this. Shock horror, apparently he upped and vanished just before he showed the world how his device was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Zillah wrote: »
    Apparently

Key word in that sentence..

Oh, and while we're on this kinda topic..

Zillah wrote: »
    The universe does not work like this. device was

it was considered that the laws of the universe stopped with newton and then along came einstein...
    would be nice if this worked,if it's a scam,well....
    human behaviour is much more predictable then;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

No device like this has ever been shown to work, every single time someone has claimed to have one work it's been shown to be not true, or the inventor just disappears, along with investors money, never given a proper demonstration at all.

For every person/company that has a reason to secretly murder these inventors and leave no trace of them, there are probably at least a thousand people/companies/governments that would want this out in the open and easily available.
    For some reason the inventors choose not to go to one of these, they choose to find gullible rich people who no-one has ever heard of, take their cash and then disappear with it without ever proving that their ideas work.

Please Boards, stop spouting this nonsense, you're better than this.

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Please Boards, stop spouting this nonsense, you're better than this.

...i think i speak for boards when i say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

If your house has a landline telephone but you dont use it you can use the phone line as a source of free electricity. you might be able to charge a phone or light up a lamp.

ye its not a huge saving but its free!

Advertisement