Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is UCC good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Dudess wrote: »
    She would be absolutely slated!!

and absolutely inundated with pm's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

im in 2nd year ucc and all i can say is the women this year are unreal already bate it into a few of the first years there a lot easier this year than last

I calculate that there is approximately 34.435% truth to this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, good point. I remember all the rampant sex my peers claimed to be having from age 16. A number of years later, several of them admitted it didn't happen until their late teens/early 20s.

Yeah, good point. I remember all the rampant sex my peers claimed to be having from age 16. A number of years later, several of them admitted it didn't happen until their late teens/early 20s.

Yeah i got loads of sex when i was teenager too. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

I calculate that there is approximately 34.435% truth to this post.

Bare in mind there is a 34.435% margin of error

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

deadly,cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Basically, if we ignore Trinity, UCC is the best university in Ireland. Which says a lot about thirld level education in Ireland.

Come down, you'll love it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

nesf wrote: »
    There is no CIT forum... :p

Well LIT has one so im sure if you applied for it you'd probably get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 vodochilie

Fabio wrote: »
    Ok no need to get angry! CIT is a fine place, I have many friends there and we never have the whoole UCC vs CIT arguement so I don't see why we have to have one either.

And yes I have been to the library in CIT and used the computer facilities there and I, personally, do not think they are as good as in UCC. Personally.

No need to go on the the defensive at all.

eassys?? arts student? no wonder

I do biomedical science so i go to cit and ucc....which makes me an authority on comparing them both. CIT is a dump, the staff and students are demoralised, there is a bad atmosphere, most people are ugly, canteen is horrible, has the whole Soviet feel about the place, people get bullied for being fat/gay/coloured, things like "fag" and "******" are written in the toilets "fags out" is a very common one, loads of boy racers, people aren't courteous to each other, lecturers regularly cancel lectures without notice, library is open plan making it very noisy, smell of chips at 9am is horrible, no water fountains, no good coffee, library closes too early has irregular hours, material available in library is OK but not great...OK i could say more, but now for some positives for CIT, access to printers is better than UCC, less socially intensive ie people don't judge you on fashion, not as many stuck up people IE jocks, fashion divas, better for getting students work placements, cheaper food (limited choice), the trainee chiefs make food some days and it can be outstanding in fairness occasionally has very high standard... there's obviously more but i cant think of em. UCC i has so may pros (mainly opposites to negatives i listed for CIT), i think UCC opens peoples eyes socially, very little racism or homophobia, has a very diverse social scene providing something for everyone, library is NOW best in Ireland worth a look even if you don't go there. UCC cons, it can be really busy, your a nobody to the college just a number, you have to make yourself stand out either academically or by sports etc. food can be expensive, the main canteen providing cheaper food sucks in my opinion but some people do like it, parking is a nightmare and the wardens love to clamp thos "F*cking snobby UCC students",................ I've written enough, if anyone reads this will ya let me know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

vodochilie wrote: »
    I do biomedical science so i go to cit and ucc....which makes me an authority on comparing them both. CIT is a dump, the staff and students are demoralised, there is a bad atmosphere, most people are ugly, canteen is horrible, has the whole Soviet feel about the place, people get bullied for being fat/gay/coloured, things like "fag" and "******" are written in the toilets "fags out" is a very common one, loads of boy racers, people aren't courteous to each other, lecturers regularly cancel lectures without notice, library is open plan making it very noisy, smell of chips at 9am is horrible, no water fountains, no good coffee, library closes too early has irregular hours, material available in library is OK but not great...OK i could say more, but now for some positives for CIT, access to printers is better than UCC, less socially intensive ie people don't judge you on fashion, not as many stuck up people IE jocks, fashion divas, better for getting students work placements, cheaper food (limited choice), the trainee chiefs make food some days and it can be outstanding in fairness occasionally has very high standard... there's obviously more but i cant think of em. UCC i has so may pros (mainly opposites to negatives i listed for CIT), i think UCC opens peoples eyes socially, very little racism or homophobia, has a very diverse social scene providing something for everyone, library is NOW best in Ireland worth a look even if you don't go there. UCC cons, it can be really busy, your a nobody to the college just a number, you have to make yourself stand out either academically or by sports etc. food can be expensive, the main canteen providing cheaper food sucks in my opinion but some people do like it, parking is a nightmare and the wardens love to clamp thos "F*cking snobby UCC students",................ I've written enough, if anyone reads this will ya let me know?

That was hilarious! You even managed to contradict yourself! I'll leave you figure it out. :D:D:D This should be stuck up around the CIT campus. It'll surely get a few laughs!

Has it got something to do with library times? I kinda skimmed through the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I loved UCC but the food served in the restaurants was utter stodge. Thankfully I didn't have to eat there very often. It was awful, awful unhealthy stuff - the amount of salt can't be good for people's kidneys. I graduated in '04 - not terribly long ago, but maybe changes have been made since. I found the stuff in the cafés was a bit better - fresher at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

maybe changes have been made since.

Campbells lost the catering contract, Kylemore are running things now. They've not made many changes yet but have great plans. God knows why but there's even a Starbucks on campus now.

deRanged wrote: »
    Campbells lost the catering contract, Kylemore are running things now. They've not made many changes yet but have great plans. God knows why but there's even a Starbucks on campus now.

I remain sceptical.

Pure Cork wrote: »
    That was hilarious! You even managed to contradict yourself! I'll leave you figure it out. :D:D:D This should be stuck up around the CIT campus. It'll surely get a few laughs![/QUOT]

people in biomed wud know it was me straight away, i was very stoned when i wrote it, think i might delete it

It happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Skriker

Thank you for you contribution Mr. President....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I loved UCC but the food served in the restaurants was utter stodge. Thankfully I didn't have to eat there very often. It was awful, awful unhealthy stuff - the amount of salt can't be good for people's kidneys. I graduated in '04 - not terribly long ago, but maybe changes have been made since. I found the stuff in the cafés was a bit better - fresher at least.

I used to go to the Kampus Kitchen because of Apache pizza - lovely wedges and a slice of pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

has UCC changed since this ?? 2007

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The food is still pretty bad: Kylemore haven't exactly revolutionised the catering or anything. Fortunately, you can go get lovely chicken rolls/sandwiches from Clifford's Daybreak on College Road or go across to the Kiwi.

There's now printing charges. Up until this year, the printing was free. :( On the upside, it might reduce the printing queues which, at times last year, were ridiculous.

There's a huge new building the Western Gate Complex (a.k.a. IT Building) Some departmnts, including Computer Science and Mathematics, have moved in there.

The four new SU officers already seem to be more involved and dedicated than last years lot, which is a good thing. :)

I'm probably leaving out something obvious....anyway overall, UCC is still better than everywhere else (in my highly biased opinion!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Perhaps it was because I was seeking out very specific stuff, but the church history section certainly reinforces that statement. Absolutely diabolical.

:D
    Nothing but some anti-papal pamphleteering from the 18th century, weighty tomes about Vatican II that appear to go on for far longer than is conscionable, some foreign-language volumes (!)
    Would those be from Ranke's groundbreaking study on, er, the history of the papacy?
    a handful of general histories and a rather eh, populist book about Pope Joan. It could be so much better, and it should be too for something that's at the heart of medieval history. I plan on basing my history project on the Papacy, so I think I'll have to resort to scavenging the internet for the books I need.

Your post is over two years old, so UCC's library has probably improved since then. This goes for everyone: if the books aren't there, use journal articles or order them on inter-library loan (or just buy the books). I spent almost €500 getting materials for my BA dissertation because the library didn't have anything. That's anathema to most people (and probably rightly so), but sometimes it's necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

The food is still pretty bad: Kylemore haven't exactly revolutionised the catering or anything. Fortunately, you can go get lovely chicken rolls/sandwiches from Clifford's Daybreak on College Road or go across to the Kiwi.

What is it with Canteen staff that seem to ****ing hate students???

Or me in particular!!

That old one in the main just takes the piss sometimes!!

Like i'm buying and eating your crap, the least you could do is acknowledge my existence!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sometimes i wonder are they jealous of us.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Sometimes i wonder are they jealous of us.

If anything i'd be jealous of them!!! With their jobs and their money while i scrounge around for enough cash to buy some of the crap they call food....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 JIM71

In response to the OP title:

No UCC is not good - as you may have read its full of people from Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

JIM71 wrote: »
    In response to the OP title:

No UCC is not good - as you may have read its full of people from Cork

If you don't have anything constructive to say, other then baiting posters, then please stay out of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I like UCC. I believe it's good. The place is generally lovely and my lecturers are great. They're really helpful. The people are nice, for the most part.

I love my course. Some of the consultants even let us visit them in the hospital in first year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

what your course

• Advertisement

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    what your course

MEd Student by the sound of it!!

(that capatalised ME is a typo, but fitting none the less!)

Advertisement