Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MuffinTop

No i mean i love leo as a character he is brilliant. Dont feel robert too much,he has'nt grown on me yet.
    I love dean though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

JP Liz wrote: »
    Next week Tracey gets jealous of Dean and Kylie hooking up
    Wat???..."Dean and Kylie!!!!!!!":eek: :eek: Ah man:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

SOUTH PAW wrote: »
    Wat???..."Dean and Kylie!!!!!!!":eek: :eek: Ah man:confused:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!????? SAY IT AINT SO!!! NO NO NO!! He's so fine!! :(. Hasnt he spurned her before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Sorry lads, I think I've missed an episode but cant figure out when:

Last night - Leo's new watch - when did Carol sell that to him?

Also I saw a clip at the end of one of the shows and it was Orla reading the Northside Post with the headline - 850K drugs find - (I think Niamh was with her) . Have I missed an episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

MuffinTop wrote: »
    Dean is quite good looking, tonights episode was good in the club scene.
    i lovvvve leo :)

I adore Leo too. I enjoyed the club scene :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm in love with yer one who plays Cleo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

SOUTH PAW wrote: »
    Agree 100% with you sam34.....She is the single WORST actor in the show, followed a very close second by him and that new wan in the garage:confused::confused::confused::confused:. I can't believe they are back next week, and we have to endure the terrible acting again!! :mad:

I'm going to take my place on the pro-Duncan bandwagon here. I think the character is a really interesting one. It's so unusual to have someone who isn't a mega-villain, but is an utter arsehole. Usually soap people are either basically decent or else axe-wielding maniacs. Duncan is horrible, but realistically so. For an actor to pull that off is impressive, and fair play to the writers too.

In his girlfriend's case, I'm afraid she is neither a great actress nor a particularly interesting character. She's good enough at being the cheeky young wan, but her limits are cruelly exposed in emotional scenes. He acts her off the screen, and so do Paul and Niamh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Epicurus wrote: »
    Give it a few weeks and they'll be all at the graveyards.

:D

The gerbil isn't the first pet either. Cass has a dog.

*Waves at Fair City writers!*

How about some explosions, people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

amacachi wrote: »
    I'm in love with yer one who plays Cleo.

I'm in love with yer man who plays Robert. Think I've got more of a chance than you.:D.

think i do

http://www.rteguide.ie/2009/0702/faircity.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

:( Teddy bears. Bad form of Niamh and Orla though; did it ever occur to them that the bears could have been left over stock from last Sundays teddy bears picnic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Hey all,

I've just done a silly Fair City Lookalikes thing, have a look :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

How can no-one comment on Leo's dancing in the club scene????? Class. Nearly choked laughing. What was with that weird expression on his face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 scruff murphy

Next week Tracey gets jealous of Dean and Kylie hooking up - it wont be long till Tracey gets Dean into bed

Didnt Dean reject Kylie before? What happened with him and Orla?
    Deans gorgeous and much much younger than Tracey. Shes not exactly goodlooking and in the real world, he wouldnt look twice at her or Kylie. sorry if it sounds harsh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

professore wrote: »
    How can no-one comment on Leo's dancing in the club scene????? Class. Nearly choked laughing. What was with that weird expression on his face?

Ah Leo`s great, think hes my favourite character actually. Hes not bad looking for his age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

gogglebok wrote: »
    I'm going to take my place on the pro-Duncan bandwagon here. I think the character is a really interesting one. It's so unusual to have someone who isn't a mega-villain, but is an utter arsehole. Usually soap people are either basically decent or else axe-wielding maniacs. Duncan is horrible, but realistically so. For an actor to pull that off is impressive, and fair play to the writers too.

In his girlfriend's case, I'm afraid she is neither a great actress nor a particularly interesting character. She's good enough at being the cheeky young wan, but her limits are cruelly exposed in emotional scenes. He acts her off the screen, and so do Paul and Niamh.

gogglebok, I have to say, hands in the air, your probably right. The more I see him on his own(away from Caitriona) the more I can see your point. I think I was just initially so irritated by her lack of ability that I saw him in the same light, and wrongly tarred him with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

JaneyP wrote: »
    LOL!!!!!!!

I agree though, music makes a huge difference! Look @ Lord of the Rings! Music makes Orlando Bloom look like a decent actor!!!

Its also the only thing that separates "the Clinic" from being a really bad soap!!

Some of the Austrailian and American soaps use it and it makes a big difference to the quality. I suppose it costs a lot though, which is why RTE dont use it for Fair City. Oh Dear!
    Just as an aside to this.
    I really really hate music being used as a backing to any form of Soap.
    I think I first "Noticed" it with Alley McBeal, which I detested anyway, they spotted it appearing in almost EVERY piece of US produced "drama" to hit these shores. ER, Greys Anatomy, Desperate housewives etc etc.
    I think it runs a decent drama personally and would HATE to see it in a SOAP. Eastenders, Corrie, Home and Away get away without using it over the acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

deelite wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I think I've missed an episode but cant figure out when:

Last night - Leo's new watch - when did Carol sell that to him?

Also I saw a clip at the end of one of the shows and it was Orla reading the Northside Post with the headline - 850K drugs find - (I think Niamh was with her) . Have I missed an episode?

Check out the RTE Real Player thing and you'll be able to see which one you missed and then watch it. It's very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Tracey wants a slap. I'm sorry, I know she was victim of domestic abuse, but God that woman really annoys me.

And don't get me started on Kylie.

And Carol's snake skin jacket. I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

On the subject of background music I notice they dubbed in a bit of Michael Jackson last night in the scene in Leo's house...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Zumo

THE TEDDIES ARE RIPPED TO BITS!
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOIN ON HYOH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hey all,

I've just done a silly Fair City Lookalikes thing, have a look :pac:
    The Zumo one is class. As is the Peter Pan one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The actresses who play Yvonne, Niamh and Tracey are on Miriam O Callaghan's Saturday Show now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

The actresses who play Yvonne, Niamh and Tracey are on Miriam O Callaghan's Saturday Show now

BIG earrings are obviously in. Miriam's and Niamh's are the same. I thought Hilda Fay looked brilliant. The interview was too short though. I reckon Niamh and Tracey would be great crack to have a pint with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jos28 wrote: »
    BIG earrings are obviously in. Miriam's and Niamh's are the same. I thought Hilda Fay looked brilliant. The interview was too short though. I reckon Niamh and Tracey would be great crack to have a pint with.

And shure if you threw Tracey an extra few quid.........

Just watching now. Think Damian is gonna end up with Yvonne. Maybe it could be as he's replastering Rainbow's, and they could roll around in the plaster like that scene in Ghost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

awww poor tracey!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

oh to be kylie! the lucky lucky girl.

dean is sooooooooooooooooooooo hawt :D:D:D

yummy :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

sam34 wrote: »
    oh to be kylie! the lucky lucky girl.

dean is sooooooooooooooooooooo hawt :D:D:D

yummy :pac::pac:

Ah theres something about leo though. Not a huge Dean fan Leo has that something ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

betcha leo and tracey will get it on

and agreed dean is yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

emo!! wrote: »
    betcha leo and tracey will get it on

and agreed dean is yum

Kylie! The lucky b***h!!! He is so gorgeous! :mad::mad:Its ridiculous though, that they are with each other. It came out of the blue!

Defo, just getting Dean out of the way so Leo and Tracey can get it on, they are a great couple though! Fair City always get couples wrong, but that one is right! Im happy about them! Very adorable together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

I always reckoned Dean was going to end up with Cleo as there seems to be a good chemistry between them in work. Time will tell!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement