Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howth harbour

Options
  • 03-06-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

There is a strong possibility of car parking charges being introduced in Howth Harbour. There is a certain level of consultation going on at present so I recommend people with an interest should request boat parking spots near the slips for boats/trailers. HYC is also involved in trying to avoid charges but with the fishing fleet tied up for the past few months income hasn't been good for the harbour so it looks like the piers may become public car parks which will affect boat users.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

There is a strong possibility of car parking charges being introduced in Howth Harbour. There is a certain level of consultation going on at present so I recommend people with an interest should request boat parking spots near the slips for boats/trailers. HYC is also involved in trying to avoid charges but with the fishing fleet tied up for the past few months income hasn't been good for the harbour so it looks like the piers may become public car parks which will affect boat users.

The story is going on over six months now if not more.

Who's your source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Vanbis wrote: »
    The story is going on over six months now if not more.

Who's your source?

Unfortunately I can't name my source but the plan is to have the metres in by October. The tender for suppliers should be going out once the local elections are over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Are they planning to charge for the who of Howth harbour for parking? I mean outside Beshoffs were there are 30 spaces and also the Car park accross the road where they have the sunday market or is just up near the Yacht Club?

I think its disgracfully that the public have to foot the bill simply because the Harbour are not making money.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭W1ll1s

What is the story with all the Camper-van's taking up the end of the middle pier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

They're pr!cks, basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

They're pr!cks, basically.

Maybe you could elaborate !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

totally agree with no miss stars.

This group have become a scurge on parking down the pier. taking up numerous spaces they dont pay for and often taking up two spaces at a time. Try stick your car into a space beside them and be prepared for verbals. They basically get free parking and free electricty off the points that were used by the trawlers in the past and were taking wifi from the yacht club which caused problems. They bring nothing to area economically as they dont spend and the shop and restaurant owners on the pier are fed up with them. The harbour master doesnt give a flying **** but we wont say anything about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

neris wrote: »
    totally agree with no miss stars.

This group have become a scurge on parking down the pier. taking up numerous spaces they dont pay for and often taking up two spaces at a time. Try stick your car into a space beside them and be prepared for verbals. They basically get free parking and free electricty off the points that were used by the trawlers in the past and were taking wifi from the yacht club which caused problems. They bring nothing to area economically as they dont spend and the shop and restaurant owners on the pier are fed up with them. The harbour master doesnt give a flying **** but we wont say anything about him.

In fairness, if you wanted to trace all the problems in the harbour back to someone....

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭W1ll1s

Judging from above, its just as i thought, cannot see why they get away with it... :(
    Sounds like the harbour master never changed also... :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Dublin loves pay parking

• Advertisement
Advertisement