Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Too fat to work" Family claim benefits are not enough.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Instead of giving them more money, surely better medical care and dieting advice would be better in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Didn't see it. I prefer this one anyway. I'm kind of glad I don't know what IBTL means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Valmont wrote: »
    Didn't see it. I prefer this one anyway. I'm kind of glad I don't know what IBTL means.

I wonder why you prefer this one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The family is big enough for 2 threads.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There are plenty of jobs that involve sitting on your arse all day doing nothing.

Lazy fat f*cks, give them less money and forced visits with a dietitian/trainer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

the government should provide them with an incentive to reduce weight.
    "All that healthy food, like fruit and veg, is too expensive. We're fat because it's in our genes. Our whole family is overweight," she added.

I just had to laugh at that. If they dont eat fruit and veg then what the hell would someone eat? chips for dinner again today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

We have cereal for breakfast, bacon butties for lunch and microwave pies with mashed potato or chips for dinner," Mrs Chawner told Closer magazine.

"All that healthy food, like fruit and veg, is too expensive. We're fat because it's in our genes. Our whole family is overweight," she added.

how is fruit and veg to expensive

i can go to dunnes now and buy a cabbage for 1 euro ad feed all the family

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

It's not our fault we can't work.

who's fault is it then, you fat fúcker?

of course it's your fault.

Actually annoys me looking at their fat fúcking smug faces, its like they know they're taking the piss.

no img's in AH is a fail btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

sweet mother of fcuk, i do not weigh that much and i cannot walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Must be a slow news day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

tech2 wrote: »
    I just had to laugh at that. If they dont eat fruit and veg then what the hell would someone eat? chips for dinner again today

http://shanghaiist.com/attachments/shang_dan/mcdonalds.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

Maybe Lucy and Otto Baxter can help them out with a few spons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

trout wrote: »
    Must be a slow day for AH mods.

Brother Trout, Ive fixed your post.

Im in so much poo poo for that one.

*flees thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

That's a farce I'm 17st (leaner too) and T1 diabetic AND I'm working in the UK... so they are basically LAZY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

In my defence, the duplicate of this thread was on AH page 2 when I started this one and who actually goes to second page of AH?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I have seen fat but that really does take the p!ss

They could be employed in the waste disposal business, they could eat all the refuse that gets dumped in the Blackburn area!

In the article is says "The family claim to spend £50 a week on food" .. they have got to be joking, who are they trying to fool!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Reducing their payouts to zero would mean no money thus no food thus loss of weight. Quite easy really!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Dartz

I fail to see how a love for McDonalds is a hereditary condition. Either was, If their benefits are cut off, the ***** wont starve

Has anyone actually looked at the picture?

They're not even that big. I mean, don't get me wrong, they're big, but not big enough to stop them from working. I'm a fat bastard, and they all look capable of doing the same jobs i've done (Production line, sales assistant, photographer, general opeative, cabinet maker, etc.)

If you're too lazy to get a job at least have the decency to blame it on the recession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmmm

While I wouldnt be prone to admitting it in after hours (cause most of you are dicks), anyone who has met me in person at any the beers know I am quite a large fella and I have no trouble finding work and dont claim dole.

Their weight has nothing to do with it, and they give fat people who try and improve their life regardless of their weight a bad name. f*cking wasters

• Registered Users Posts: 23,975 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    hmmm

While I wouldnt be prone to admitting it in after hours (cause most of you are dicks), anyone who has met me in person at any the beers know I am quite a large fella and I have no trouble finding work and dont claim dole.

Their weight has nothing to do with it, and they give fat people who try and improve their life regardless of their weight a bad name. f*cking waisters

fy pun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    IBLT
    That spelling mistake was intentional right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Fritzl fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

dunworth1 wrote: »
    how is fruit and veg to expensive

i can go to dunnes now and buy a cabbage for 1 euro ad feed all the family

How?

Not saying fruit and veg are expensive, though they do cost more to create a meal then pre-made processed crap, but if you're going to make a statement like that back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fritzl fix it.

Multiple pregnancies would result in weight gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

I'm a fat bastard

ASL;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

ASL;)
    24p9qv5.jpg

This thread might become a fat v. antifat thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

24p9qv5.jpg

*drools*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Valmont wrote: »
    . It's not our fault we can't work. We deserve more."

If there was ever an advertisement denouncing the welfare state, it's this lot.

It's not our fault.
    We deserve more.

The call of the stupid, the lazy, and those with an attitude of entitlement.

Whatever happened to rights being balanced by responsibilities?

Advertisement