Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst tourist trap you fell into?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Dipping my shoes in a roaster full of turkey grease is what I got out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

IronMan wrote: »
    Russia in general is a terrible place for that. Apart from all the museums having a special non-Russian price list, they will take the opportunity to rip you off at every opportunity. Restaurants, shops, pubs, they all seem to take pleasure in trying to rip you off. Add to that the breathtaking rudeness of the people, and you have the potential for a bad holiday.

The city itself is amazing though.

Still St Petersburg is my favourite place in the world by far.
    The younger people (18 - 25) are the nicest ive ever come across in any country and they have such a genuine intrest in you as a foreinger....

Italy leads with the scamming i find, especially Rome and the trevi fountain.

Brussels - all of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nowye'retalkin

"After Party"

You either know what I mean or you don't

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Coolio

Ripped off in Laos an up river ferry, had to pit-stop halfway up and were told by a guy that where we were stopping would be in total darkness byt eh time we arrived and also that there were very few places to stay etc etc. Paid him the money for acommodation, arrived at the village on the river, in broad daylight to the worst b&b in the world probably, we all abandoned the place and had to stump up more money for a different place.

Also, at Cambodian-Thai border, we were asked to pay $1 to a guy if we didn't have a record of all our jabs? Total tourist trap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

That's an awful Italian stereotype.......... Besides, they say "It's a me: Mario"

Sure, just add an 'a' onto every word- perfect Italian accent...a.

Advertisement