Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote Rebecca Murphy for Welfare

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

Best of luck Becky. I'm sold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Rebecca4welfare

Thanks everyone! I hope I'll get a chance to bump into some of you over the next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Offer enough cookies, you can't lose. You have my vote. Unless theres another Rebecca goin for it and I don't know which you are and vote for the other one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭1082229

Best of luck Rebecca. You'll do a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alancork

A visit up Magazine Road way with lollipops/biscuits would do the world of good for your campaign:D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

I was at that whole 'hustings' thing a couple days ago (is that what it's called?)
    I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to the workings of the s.u but I thought you made a convincing presentation, Rebecca.

I think, however that in the light of debating and whatnot , playing devil's advocate etcetera, that your opponent seemed to be a nice guy who would probably do the job comprehensively and competently.

But as I said, I think your presentation was perhaps more endearing, to me anyway, and I don't need to be bribed by cookies to vote for you.

:)
    fair play.

Thanks Johnny!

Polling starts tomorrow, here are the polling areas and who can vote there:

Arts & Law - Boole Basement

Engineering - Civil Eng Building (Foyer)

Medicine & Health - Brookfield Entrance
    Note: For Med and Health Placements there will be a polling station in CUH on Tuesday 10th only

Science- Kane Basement (a.k.a Kampus Kitchen)

BIS, Commerce, GPP - O' Rahilly Building (a.k.a the ORB)

Z.E.PS, Applied Psychology & Tyndall Institute Postgraduates- Cork Enterprise Centre (a.k.a CEC)

Vote Rebecca No.1 for Welfare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭fredmc

Hi...

You had me at 'Hi', and also you promised me you'd fix the leak in Boole 1 if I voted for you

• Advertisement

Well I'm delighted to announce that I've been elected! Thanks everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Yeah I heard, well done! You were a much better candidate than that ben tosser :)

Ah to be fair, Ben's a great guy. I've gotten to know him over the last few days and he's a genuinely lovely, kind, caring chap!

But thanks for the congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

thebigcheese youre out of line !!
    nah Ben seems like a cool guy alright, I think Rebeccas (extreme :) ) enthusiasm won the day though. What were the other results does anyone know?

President- Eoin Hayes
    Deputy - Ian Power
    Welfare -Rebecca Murphy (woo!)
    Education - Michele Conroy
    Ents - Sam Fitzpatrick
    Irish - Sean O' Shea

All the referendums passed except the clubs mardyke one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Well I'm delighted to announce that I've been elected! Thanks everyone!

Well done!

Enjoying seeing your name in starry lights now? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

President- Eoin Hayes
    Deputy - Ian Power
    Welfare -Rebecca Murphy (woo!)
    Education - Michele Conroy
    Ents - Sam Fitzpatrick
    Irish - Sean O' Shea

All the referendums passed except the clubs mardyke one!

I voted for you anyway, as you put in the most effort. Although, I was given about 200 of your leaflets from outside the Boole's (only got one lollipop too), very annoying after a while.

Disgusted about the bit in bold, but that's only because I use the facilities a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Alan Smith wrote: »
    I voted for you anyway, as you put in the most effort. Although, I was given about 200 of your leaflets from outside the Boole's (only got one lollipop too), very annoying after a while.

Disgusted about the bit in bold, but that's only because I use the facilities a lot.

I'm delighted about the bit in bold, waste of my money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

yeah i heard they were building a new astroturf in place of the current one which would could millions, waste of money, the current one is the 2nd best in munster

Samurai wrote: »
    yeah i heard they were building a new astroturf in place of the current one which would could millions, waste of money, the current one is the 2nd best in munster

Are you serious? It's terrible.

• Advertisement

Yeah even if thats the case, everyone having to pay 75 euro while the vast majority of students dont use it was blatantly unfair and was never gonna pass.

Also the head of the clubs exec sending out an all student e-mail from a societys account to criticise the SU certainly didn't help matters. The campaign was shambolic from the yes side IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah I heard, well done! You were a much better candidate than that ben tosser :)

Less of the abuse please.

nesf wrote: »

Ah yes, boards.ie. The ultimate moderation forum in the world.

nesf wrote: »

Aye aye captain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I still don't know WHAT these people do but all I know is that when I get to college I'm sure as hell gonna run to become one =p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    I still don't know WHAT these people do but all I know is that when I get to college I'm sure as hell gonna run to become one =p

Good for you! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

well it is the 2nd best hockey pitch which is its intended sport

the best by a million miles is up in garryduff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

lol

Advertisement