Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

CianRyan wrote: »
    Damn spud, thats a beautiful guitar, how does it play?

Plays beautifully! There's a bit of a buzz at the 12th fret on the lower strings though, might get it set up properly (I'm still terrified of truss rods!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

You seem to like electrical tape a little too much! :p

BTW what's teh blue pedal second from the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Haha, I do think it looks cool... :p

It's a Copilot FX Android ring modulator, I really like it. Ring mods aren't for everyone, I know, but I love it. It's got a great Bang:Buck ratio, when I was looking for a ring mod, they all seemed pretty expensive. Eventually I'd like a MoogerFooger, but they're a bit on the expensive side for me right now. It can do that repeat percussion sort of tremolo, too, which is what swung me to pick this one over the EHX Frequency Analyser. It's got expression pedal control for the carrier frequency, too, I'm currently waiting on an expression pedal from Thomann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

How do you like the Squier 51 ? I wanted to get one of them to upgrade- the reviews seemed god, quality seemed stable and the pickup selection is different. There was one in Godwins a few months ago though, can't remember how much, probably extortionate :)
    I've the same amp, they're very good. If you get one second hand it's pretty good value.

How do you like the Squier 51 ? I wanted to get one of them to upgrade- the reviews seemed god, quality seemed stable and the pickup selection is different. There was one in Godwins a few months ago though, can't remember how much, probably extortionate :)
    I've the same amp, they're very good. If you get one second hand it's pretty good value.

I like it a good bit. It's the only guitar I have with a humbucker, so it automatically feels a bit fresh. The guy who owned it before me never played it, so the strings are old and filthy, and too light for my taste anyway, so I'd probably enjoy playing it a whole lot more when I fix that up. Savage guitar for the money though, I think they're the cheapest Squier've ever made? I think my mate got his new for not all that much over €100. €100 for the wood and pickups alone is a great deal in my book. I don't like not having a tone control, though.

It's a project guitar for me, too, I want to put a tone pot in it, move that pickup selector (maybe up toward the lower horn like an Electric XII or something), put a killswitch in it, paint it blue. Then I'll love it.

And yeah, I got my amp second hand a few years ago, for my first 'real' amp, I'm not complaining at all! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭population

Heyza new poster and here I present my 3 leccies.

Highway 1 Strat HSS

Tokai MIJ Custom LP

Squier 1992 MIJ Silver Series Telecaster with Fender Noiseless PUP's

Love em all and they are a versatile lot

Will stick up the basses and Acoustics soon enough

Feck Pics didnt attach????

The Tele looks gorgeous! What's it like to play?

Yeah it's great to play.

I have gigged it a bunch of times and it has never let me down. Just a great Telecaster twang. Much as the stock PUPS were well good for the guitar, the noisless have really brought it up a notch.

Clean with the volume just at breaking point sounds very sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Ooh! Nice Tele! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Nice bronzeish colour on that tele, Im in the market for a tele deluxe myself...Just gotta get a prs first so it looks like its gonna be a while :(.

• Advertisement

Ooooh baby!!!

Where did you get it from???

Bitchin' Tele. Looks like Roy Buchanan's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

cheers lads :)

got it for €1150 on adverts.ie,pretty dear but as the coppercaster is fairly rare i think it'll hold it's value...unfortunately the only people who'll benefit from it will be my kids when they put me in a box! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Purty. I like a few dinks on a Tele.

Wow that's an awesome tele. What year is it? :)

Dord it's a '97

punchdrunk wrote: »

got it for €1150 on adverts.ie,pretty dear but as the coppercaster is fairly rare i think it'll hold it's value...unfortunately the only people who'll benefit from it will be my kids when they put me in a box! :D
    if i were you id have it put in the box with you!!

a 6' copper one! :D

Damn Dord, that's givin me GAS :(
    I saw a pic of double cut studio in wine/red there a while ago and it sent me off to see how much the UK are for them.

Leslie West I think is one of the best Jr. players :)

I saw a pic of double cut studio in wine/red there a while ago and it sent me off to see how much the UK are for them.

ha! i was listening to mountain a few minutes ago!
    that a sweet junior,gotta love P-90's!

• Advertisement

I must confess, I've never played a "real" P90. The closest I've come is a Dream 90 GFS pickup.

*hangs head in shame:(

I know , I know :(
    I saw on the Squier 51 Mod forum someone had put a P90 in it.

Shame them guitars didn't get discounted here like they were in America , they seem like the ultimate mod'ing guitar :cool:

Check out the Epi Dot thread, I posted a Yamaha that looks nice with a 3 P90 pup combo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

punchdrunk, the Coppercaster is quite amazing. It's so much nicer than the normal butterscotch finish, if you ask me.

al i had a '51 didn't really rate it,

this though is a crackin guitar for 200 quid...

32580_800.jpg

cheers Ravelleman!

punchdrunk wrote: »
    al i had a '51 didn't really rate it,

this though is a crackin guitar for 200 quid...

32580_800.jpg

cheers Ravelleman!
    Out of curiosity how are squiers these days? Thats right up my alley but when i was starting to play and all my mates ha squiers i never played a single one that was usable!

they're doing great things these days!
    theres a big buzz about their classic vibe line at the moment
    that 50's tele would be amazing modded with a p-90 in the neck :pac:

Squiers I think are fantastic, especially if you get one secondhand.

Yeah he's a great player. :)

P90's are awesome, and if I manage to get another guitar it'll have one too. I want to get a wacky hybrid between a LP Jr and flying V made.... :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This isn't the GAS Thread

Back on topic please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

i want to post mine but i really couldn't be bothered getting them out of there beds for a photoshoot haha iv now got 6 but 2 are for breaking when i buy a house i plan to snap the necks and plant them on the wall:D:D the other 4 are my ibanez something or another my de armund and i got a tanglewood 355 alike:D:D and my beautiful martin accoustic the prettiest guitar iv ever seen

Advertisement