Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Gear (DISCUSSION ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah but I know how to please the punters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Doctor J wrote: »
    Only one pic? Does your camera have a teeeny tiny memory chip? :p

yeah what he said! and learn how to use your macro!! :rolleyes:

oh yeah,eh is it nice?

Jaysus, you have to ask? ;)

Spill the guts. Spill them now :D

Hardtail too! Are you feeling ok? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Hardtail too! Are you feeling ok?

Heh, im getting old :o
    I will put a Bigsby on one of my RGs next :pac:

• Advertisement

It's damn purty, but I know that me and PRS (and Gibson) just don't get along.

What size neck is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I think it's what they call wide/fat..

'medium/medium' would have been a better name though :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

fish-head wrote: »
    Ya wanna see it's guts?!!

page1-1002-full.jpg

This confuses me, i fail at amp techy stuff!

Looks sweet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

CianRyan wrote: »
    This confuses me, i fail at amp techy stuff!

Looks sweet though.

Sure never mind the techy stuff, look at all the lovely colours! Much better than a big green circuit board.

fish-head wrote: »
    Sure never mind the techy stuff, look at all the lovely colours! Much better than a big green circuit board.

100% backed!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hey there everybody, it's new guitar day for Alan!
    Hurray!
    I just received a Squier Classic Vibe 50's model from dolphinmusic this afternoon, and for under €250 delivered it plays like a dream, just minor setup required, intonation, action, some lube around the nut and i was away. Really can't believe this guitar cost so little. Wont post pics just yet, as i plan on throwing a set of lipstick tubes into it on the weekend, and other mods gradually. All in all, i can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

We could settle for some before and after pics.:D

Congrats on the purchase. Is that the one you were originally going to buy from x music?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

adox wrote: »
    We could settle for some before and after pics.:D

Congrats on the purchase. Is that the one you were originally going to buy from x music?

It was, but i couldn't wait any longer, and i liked the fact that it was almost €60 cheaper from the uk! Just pottering around on it now, uber impressed, great tones out of it, almost had me thinking of not changing out the pickups, but it has to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Looks fab, Alan. It's one of the few Strats that gives me GAS oddly enough.

Nice. Why replace the trem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

BuddhaJoe wrote: »
    My two babies:

stratskt9.jpg

A 93 Strat Plus and a 08 American Standard which will have a Wilkinson trem on Monday. :)

sweet! are they barden's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

GWK wrote: »
    Pics of my Stuff. Very Simple - Amp into Guitar with a Fulltone Wah in line and a MXR Delay in the loop. Dont mind the crappy pic.

I can't remember right now but there's something deadly about them Wilkinson trems, I think they're sort of a locking style trem.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Twist the arm and the trem locks in place?

Never had any trouble with the trem on my old AmSe. It did the job, stayed in tune for everything except the most stupid of dive bombs, it's actually quite a decent unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I first read about the Wilkinson here - http://www.theguitarworkshop.net/mygear/Strat/strat.htm

Seems like a good option if you were changing a trem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

The US standard trems are nice and do the job but the Wilkinson/Gotoh VS100 trems are just incredible. Great worksmanship, smooth action, a large trem block and they look ace to boot!
    punchdrunk wrote: »
    sweet! are they barden's?

Nope but they do look like them alrite! I recently installed a set of GFS humbuckers pickups for a mate and I was shocked how well they stood up to my seymour duncan/dimarzio equipped guitars so I thought i'd give the hot 13k Lil Killers a shot on this Strat. So far im pleasantly shocked at how similar they are to a SD hotrail. They dont have as much body but they have more clarity and I have to say I really really like them.

Nice! That's a pretty unusual colour, I like it. Thumbs up for the S to the left too, thumbs up for both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I've always kept an eye out for bargains on one of them with a maple board. How much did it set you back? And where did you get it?

Looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Squirrel wrote: »
    I've always kept an eye out for bargains on one of them with a maple board. How much did it set you back? And where did you get it?

Looks fantastic

Thanks!

Got it off GAK (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-deluxe-players/66856) for €630, was €595 when I first ordered it but the exchange rate changed, I made a mistake on the order and had to order again when it was €630.

Now it's €574 with the exchange rate, this global recession does have some good points :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

F'n tasty! unusual colour too. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

Very nice strat. Lovely grain in the wood..... and an extra button too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Nice one, Sofaspud! Amazing grain! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

Hotdamn' thats awesome!

• Advertisement

Damn spud, thats a beautiful guitar, how does it play?

Advertisement