Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like funky house?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

ntlbell wrote: »
    I take it you meant "Connoisseurs"?

Skilled in language?

Would a wine connoisseur not be skilled in taste etc? why would he be skilled in language?

Odd.

oops. leaving out an s is a simple small error.
    saying his 'longetevity' statement or whatever it was was what i was referring to.

what i meant was, a connoisseur who declares himself as one on an internet forum, would surely be able to communicate his fine taste in a coherent and understandable manner.
    especially when he is apparently a connoiseur in a communicative art.

but i see your point.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Lost for words :eek:

A lot of friction these days.... I blame the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Lost for words :eek:

A lot of friction these days.... I blame the recession.
    lol. i love this 'recession'.

jtsuited wrote: »
    lol. i love this 'recession'.

Yeah its great, all go shopping up North, their economy needs a boost it seems. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

not a fan of funky house myself, seems to cheesy-ish, makes me think of people sitting around a swimming pool in miami wearing speedos and six packs all over the shop, sipping cocktails and generally being camp as fook.

• Advertisement

read back through the other pages just now and i agree with a lot of the comments that were made about funky house being hair dresser music.

the stuff you listen to johnny might be more underground non commercial stuff (if that exists) but funky house as a whole sucks ass.

and it deffo aint music for grown ups. i agree about trance aswell, music for skobie kunts or the dutch.

imo the likes of progressive, tech house would be music for grown ups, if that makes any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

copeyhagen wrote: »
    not a fan of funky house myself, seems to cheesy-ish, makes me think of people sitting around a swimming pool in miami wearing speedos and six packs all over the shop, sipping cocktails and generally being camp as fook.
    dont ever go to wmc coz that exactly what its like ha ha.
    still could think of worse places to be:D

seannash wrote: »
    dont ever go to wmc coz that exactly what its like ha ha.
    still could think of worse places to be:D

but when u have the likes of zabiela rockin a poolside party i wouldnt mind running around with the ned hangin out!! haha

stick out like a sore thumb amongst the beautiful people :)

but when u have the likes of zabiela rockin a poolside party i wouldnt mind running around with the ned hangin out!! haha

stick out like a sore thumb amongst the beautiful people :)
    yep its dead easy to spot irish people sown there,handy to avoid them too.
    they pretty much cover all types of house down there but the scantily clad woman always seem to go to the funky house events.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

read back through the other pages just now and i agree with a lot of the comments that were made about funky house being hair dresser music.

the stuff you listen to johnny might be more underground non commercial stuff (if that exists) but funky house as a whole sucks ass.

and it deffo aint music for grown ups. i agree about trance aswell, music for skobie kunts or the dutch.

imo the likes of progressive, tech house would be music for grown ups, if that makes any sense.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Advertisement

yep,the likes of tech house is less obvious than funky house,doesnt rely on catchy vocals(i know not all funky house tracks rely on catchy vocals) more just a good groove,which most people new to dance music or younger folk,might not get excited about.i get what your saying about it being more grown up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

can each person put a YT track up in what they would consider funky house! just to see what people perspective is :D

This is classic funky house, early stuff. Typical catchy vocals...

now i actually like this track and have played it out when it first appeared a while back.bit more discoy than straight up house but youll get the idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

LOL Thats my all time fav!!! :D

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

still actually play this one on occasion

bah i cant see youtube in work.

id say these lads are my favourite funky house producers

this is kinda embarrassing ha ha

bah i cant see youtube in work.
    your probably better off :D

• Advertisement

haha your probably right, i am lucky enough to have my portable hard drive in work with couple of hundred live sets on it.

currently listening to James_Holden___4_Years_of_Full_Spectrum_19-9-08_pt_2.mp3

yes, his mixing may be a little dodgy sometimes but the tracks he plays must be near impossible to mix.

sorry getting off topic, go back to posting funky darylea hehe

im gonna stop now,ive embarrased myself enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i can't decide whether i hate the genre more than the name or vice versa tbh...

criminally unambitious lowest common denominator music, that sounds non threatening blasting out of the speakers at toni and guy on a sturday afternoon and doesnt' demand too much attention to be danced to later that evening in the club

i can't decide whether i hate the genre more than the name or vice versa tbh...

criminally unambitious lowest common denominator music, that sounds non threatening blasting out of the speakers at toni and guy on a sturday afternoon and doesnt' demand too much attention to be danced to later that evening in the club

:D The onslaught just gets better!

So is this what Hed Kandi is all about then? - The covers alone made my stomach churn when I've seen them about.

haha your probably right, i am lucky enough to have my portable hard drive in work with couple of hundred live sets on it.

currently listening to James_Holden___4_Years_of_Full_Spectrum_19-9-08_pt_2.mp3

yes, his mixing may be a little dodgy sometimes but the tracks he plays must be near impossible to mix.

sorry getting off topic, go back to posting funky darylea hehe
    i know its off topic but the only james holden track i own is a vinyl copy of one for you but i can remeber the mix of it i like.it wasnt the original or the remix on youtube,it was immense though.ill have to dig it out i think

aw i love his sound and the border community sound. think theyre at the forefront of dance music for the last 3 or 4 years, playing a fairly unique brand of music.

anyways to get back on topic, isnt hed kandi just a brand name now, that any old gob****es can have a hed kandi night as long as they pay for the name, as in anybody can dj under the hed kandi guise.

never mind it was the oliver klein mix,savage remix.
    carry on now
    (hopefully i redeemed myself with the name drop ha ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Helix wrote: »
    i still deny that funky house is a genre

its house, because house is funky as a rule, the offshoots of house tend to lose the funk alrite, but funky house is like saying electronic techno imo
    I'd tend to agree with that.

I'd be a big fan of house music that has a funky sound to it, always have, but not what would be considered Funky House nowadays.

I think nowadays Funky House is just a label to describe the cheesier end of the dance market. Just look at any "Funky House" chart and it just tends full of more Stilton than you find in an English food market. And I also think that people that don't like dance music with vocals would tend to call it Funky House which is generally wrong imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

jtsuited wrote: »
    I absolutely hate it.

Brash, commercial, unsophisticated, cheesy, lowest common denominator music designed for plastic nightclubs and the great unwashed.

Lacking depth, intellectually devoid, and aestethically repulsive.Musically infantile, sonically cliched, and disgustingly superficial.

Well you asked for opinions!

thats the best discription of minimal i have heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Entec wrote: »
    thats the best discription of minimal i have heard.
    Haha. Touché

Advertisement