Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell & Interlink Delivery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Knockieranlady

The van has Interlink sign on it, do franchised ones have that. I don't want to give any more details that could possibly get the driver into trouble, as I said previously he has delivered to me several times, not just Dell orders. He is delivering today so I will have the PC this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

The van has Interlink sign on it, do franchised ones have that. I don't want to give any more details that could possibly get the driver into trouble, as I said previously he has delivered to me several times, not just Dell orders. He is delivering today so I will have the PC this afternoon

Yeah all of them have to have it as far as im aware although i have seen a few without but usally there just rental van's due to break downs of other vans

Philip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Just letting you know my pc has arrived. Be interesting to see if I am billed for it, no communication from dell, as i said yesterday customer care said no order was processed and when it arrived today I didn't have to sign for it, courier said he could do it with a machine he had in his hand, interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

All interlink Depots are independently owned franchises. The guy who owns Piranha Logistics also owns the Limerick Interlink franchise, he is not losing money, don't feel too sorry for him. He was one of the people who Interlink Ireland. Piranha label the boxes on Dell's behalf. There is an incomplete file transfer between Dell and Piranha. This is where most of the mis-routing of parcels comes from. It is not Interlink's fault it is a combination of Dell and Piranha that cause it. As for track and trace, Interlink scan all parcels into all depots and onto all vans. These are realtime scans and go straight onto their tracking database. They are scanned again at point of delivery. The van scans are downloaded onto the system when the van returns to the depots. If the delivery could not be completed the parcels are scanned back into the depots. The tracking site although it say Interlink Ireland on it is not hosted or maintained by Interlink. The parent company in the UK Parceline does this. Interlink have no control over their data on the Parceline site.
    Interlink do deliver on Saturday at the customer's request. Just remember you are not their customer Dell is, so that is where the request must come from and any premium payment due. Interlinks bust their balls to get every consignment to every customer on time. The move approx 10,000 consignments every night, many of which comprise of several parcels. Laptops tend to get delivered efficiently because they are a one parcel consignment unlike a desktop system which typically has 4 parcels. Dell policy states that incomplete deliveries must not be made. Therefore Interlink must hold 3 parcels if the 4th doesn't make the collection cutoff time in the Dell factory. Typically the monitors will be missing. As for handling, I have monitored drop tests where packed screens are dropped from 5m with no damage. Most damage arise because the sender didn't pack the item adequately. You would not believe the things people send wrapped in plastic with no padding.

You can take this as accurate. I was the IT Support Manager for Interlink Ireland for a number of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 vedd44

does anyone know for definite if interlink deliver on weekends or not?cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

\this thread is two and a half years old!
    Dont think they are even called interlink anymore!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement