Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Friend \ Boy Friend - what annoys you the most

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Malari wrote: »
    Yes! What the hell!? I convinced him to downsize slightly, thank goodness. Feels like sitting in the front row of the cinema at times.

I'm afraid i would be with the boys on this one. The bigger the better i just put my 42 inch up on the wall yesterday and if i had the money i'd get an even bigger one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

Trinity1 wrote: »
    Like How the fcuk does he get green shaving gel on the walls?

Can he not pick up his own jocks off the bathroom floor?

I hate this when i am cleaning or doing the washing up and i get told "leave it i will do it later!" and later never ever comes and i end up doing it myself anyway.

This all sounds eerily familiar!

Another thing: he is incapable of spending small change. He simply does not seem to consider any coins smaller then 50 cent cash, so brings it all home, empties his pockets whereever suits him, and leaves me to pick it up and somehow spend it. Only a few weeks ago I counted all the 1, 2, 5, and 10 cent coins and ended up with 12,78 Euro. I rolled them up so I had little sticks each containing 1 or 2 Euro and the last one 78 cent. Three shopping trips later I thought I was finally rid of it. Nah, all long since replaced! :mad:

So next time you see a girl with an angry expression on her face blocking the self-check-out at Tesco's, please spare a kind thought...

F.A. wrote: »

Another thing: he is incapable of spending small change. He simply does not seem to consider any coins smaller then 50 cent cash, so brings it all home, empties his pockets whereever suits him, and leaves me to pick it up and somehow spend it. Only a few weeks ago I counted all the 1, 2, 5, and 10 cent coins and ended up with 12,78 Euro. I rolled them up so I had little sticks each containing 1 or 2 Euro and the last one 78 cent. Three shopping trips later I thought I was finally rid of it. Nah, all long since replaced! :mad:

So next time you see a girl with an angry expression on her face blocking the self-check-out at Tesco's, please spare a kind thought...

OMG i think we have the same boyfriend :eek:

He empties his change onto the locker or mantle piece every day after work so i started putting it into a jar as it was actually turnign green sticking to the locker. Now i empty the jar every few weeks into the coin counting machine and can get as much as 40 euro!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Now there's a quality PI. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You're complaining that your boyfriend gives you free money?
    Chinafoot wrote: »
    Hmm..

The ridiculously large TV thats now sitting in my not so large sitting room. There was nothing wrong with the last one.
    If theres something techy he has to do it has to be done right there and then, but the dirty dishes can sit on the counter for a week.
    He takes ages to make a decision on anything.
    I always end up doing the dishes/hoovering/ironing/cleaning because "I'll do it later" seems to be man-speak for "I'm going to ignore it until you crack and do it yourself."

Apart from all that he's wonderful :p

And you're complaining that your boyfriend got a huge tv for your house?!

You girls don't know how lucky you are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Her moaning and abusing people behind their backs. Last night, her daughter went out saying she'd do x when she came home, but the OH ranted on and on about x not being done. She eventually started calling her Satan's child (no, I'm not joking) and other odious ****. I finally told her she was being obnoxious and foul-mouthed and she took umbrage at that. Like WTF? She won't say boo to her to her face though. She also bad mouths me when I'm not there to the kids. A while back I was upstairs, but in earshot, when I heard her calling me a useless pr1ck to the kids (which may be true :)). When I challenged her about it, she said it was a "figure of speech".

As you can guess, things are slowly unravelling in my relationship.

Oh yeah, she snores like a pneumatic drill.

:eek:

Does he promise to take the rubbish out in the morning when he leaves for work about four days in a row until you finally do it yourself since the second bag is nearly full? :pac:
    i started putting it into a jar

Yepp, that's what I do. Except that I have to collect the change from everywhere: the bed, lockers all around the flat, on the ground, and, of course, in the washing machine unless I thoroughly look through his pockets before washing. At one stage he proceeded to fill a baseball cap with it! Nice surprise when I went to pick it up...

Other guys leave little romantic notes for their girlfriends. Knowing him he'll claim that his is a more practical version of this! :rolleyes:

Wibbs wrote: »
    Now there's a quality PI. :D

:D

Can you imagine!

Its a small world here on boards. In fact I met a good friend of mine i hadnt seen in years when he called to my house to collect something i was giving away on adverts! Had no idea it was him, you can imagine our surprise when i opened the door :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I think that is the point.

Well, if he didn't haul me back if I ventured beyond the third row from the back at the cinema I'd understand it better :)

:eek:

Does he promise to take the rubbish out in the morning when he leaves for work about four days in a row until you finally do it yourself since the second bag is nearly full? :pac:

QUOTE]

Yes yes he does. But he goes one better. He puts wet rubbish into a paper bag and leaves it on the counter so when i go to pick it up when its over flowing, it tears and the contents pour onto the counter which most likely include cigerette butts, wet tissue, left over curry etc.

Noice :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Originally Posted by Malari
    Yes! What the hell!? I convinced him to downsize slightly, thank goodness. Feels like sitting in the front row of the cinema at times.
    Tv sounds bigger than the room .We had a similar problem with a tv unit .It was massive and it had to go .Downsize is the way to go :)

Yes yes he does. But he goes one better. He puts wet rubbish into a paper bag and leaves it on the counter so when i go to pick it up when its over flowing, it tears and the contents pour onto the counter which most likely include cigerette butts, wet tissue, left over curry etc.

Noice :mad:

Okay, mine doesn't go quite as far (yet!). Hmmm... Mine also suffers from the most severe football addiction that I have ever come across. Yours?

Piste wrote: »
    You're complaining that your boyfriend gives you free money?

I wouldn't. The problem isn't like that at all. Like I said: He simply doesn't consider small change to be money. This means he asks me almost every morning if I have a fiver or a tenner. I only end up with the small change in return. Thanks, like... :rolleyes:

Okay, mine doesn't go quite as far (yet!). Hmmm... Mine also suffers from the most severe football addiction that I have ever come across. Yours?

Ah no its not him. He's karate and knightrider mad but not football.

I find myself quite disappointed FA, life has been so boring lately thats the first thing got my pulse racing and blood flowing in a while :D

Sorry Wibbs no PI today....

I find myself quite disappointed FA, life has been so boring lately thats the first thing got my pulse racing and blood flowing in a while :D

Sorry Wibbs no PI today....

So sorry Triny, but trust me, you wouldn't want the football obsession!

As for Wibbs, I think there's still hope. Your bf sounds too much for comfort like a long lost or rather never revealed sibbling of mine...

So sorry Triny, but trust me, you wouldn't want the football obsession!

As for Wibbs, I think there's still hope. Your bf sounds too much for comfort like a long lost or rather never revealed sibbling of mine...

The plot thickens. See you in PI :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

The way his room is waaay more tidy than mine. It's like...perfect, not a thing out of place, where as mine is like a bomb hit it.

Sometimes when he feels we must do something at the weekend. I mean, i spend everyday in college with him, we need a BIT of a break.

When he tells me I'm beautiful, because i get embarrassed and dunno what to say back, because i sound like a tard when i say "you are too"..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

JaneyMc wrote: »
    Nothing worse than seeing an oh/ friend and they are stuck to their phone. Height of ignorance if you ask me, I mean why did they even bother to see you in the first place. :rolleyes:

I know a guy where his GF is stuck to him 24/7, you can't see him or hang out without her there. She's nice and all, but its my mate I wanna see !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Probably laziness. He rarely rises before 3pm at the weekend, which means we can never go anywhere together, as its always too late by the time he's ready.

I wouldn't. The problem isn't like that at all. Like I said: He simply doesn't consider small change to be money. This means he asks me almost every morning if I have a fiver or a tenner. I only end up with the small change in return. Thanks, like... :rolleyes:

Oh that's a bit different, I could see how that could get annoying alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

lol. I'm living in westmeath 14~years, and I say it the whole time too.

Westmeath?! You kept that quiet, what's this Galway sh1t your always on about?!
    Shellyboo wrote:
    Especially the conditioner... your hair is like an inch long, wtf are you using conditioner for?

I don't understand this.
    Why shouldn't people with hair one inch long use conditioner (allbeit a suitably small amount)?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Westmeath?! You kept that quiet, what's this Galway sh1t your always on about?!
    lolol. Not really. If you paid attention :p Also I'm nearly 18 like, guess where I was for the rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I don't understand this.
    Why shouldn't people with hair one inch long use conditioner (allbeit a suitably small amount)?

Because conditioner is meant to repair split ends, prevent breakages and repair and prevent against damage from styling with hairdryers and the like... not much of which applies unless your hair is at least long enough to go past your ears.

However, if he were to purchase and use his own conditioner, god speed. Just don't be wasting mine because you neither know nor care of the difference between shampoo and conditioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

shellyboo wrote: »
    Because conditioner is meant to repair split ends, prevent breakages and repair and prevent against damage from styling with hairdryers and the like... not much of which applies unless your hair is at least long enough to go past your ears.

However, if he were to purchase and use his own conditioner, god speed. Just don't be wasting mine because you neither know nor care of the difference between shampoo and conditioner.

My understanding from reading this is that there are many types of conditioner.

It's meant to change the texture of your hair also.
    I have short hair, it gets dry after I wash it.
    Conditioner can work for anyone, even if they a blade 1 haircut, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

tell me about it :( he sounds so bad we're buying a 3 bed house so I have 2 other rooms to sleep in. He's so stubborn, the 4 horses of the armadegon could come along and he still wouldn't change his mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

My understanding from reading this is that there are many types of conditioner.

It's meant to change the texture of your hair also.
    I have short hair, it gets dry after I wash it.
    Conditioner can work for anyone, even if they a blade 1 haircut, imo.

That's all very informative... but it was my understanding that this thread is about things that annoy us about our partners. My ex-bf - who I was talking about - did not have dry hair, or require conditioner, or even intend to use conditioner, but persisted in using mine without knowing what it actually was. Which was annoying. Which was my point. I wasn't talking in general terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Piste wrote: »
    And you're complaining that your boyfriend got a huge tv for your house?!

You girls don't know how lucky you are!

Thats a lot of money on something we don't need. When you're living together and thinking about the future a 46" TV is really unnecessary.

Oh he was spending your money too? That's quite bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i do hate how set in his ways he can be. i get that for the couple of years before we met, he'd resigned himself to being single for the rest of his life, and between that, the depression and the lack of money, he just didnt go out, didnt do anything. and it was a biiiiiiig step to get into a relationship with me, let alone me moving in.

but it is so ****ing hard to get him out of his current comfort zone! there is so much more to life than television, mid day naps, television and bed! im doing my nut trying to get him to go out to gigs (he LOVES music, used to be a roadie, cos he just liked to give back to the musicians), surf (he used to, lived *on* the beach, even, and loved it... but now self conscious), walk, have a puck around hurling....

i *know* he'd enjoy all these things, and things like going for a walk/puck around, we've done now and then, and he's moaned and moaned, and then really enjoyed himself, said we'd have to do it more often, and hten just doesnt.

*frustrated*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Malari wrote: »
    Well, if he didn't haul me back if I ventured beyond the third row from the back at the cinema I'd understand it better :)

He obviously grew up not going to the cinema to watch the film! :pac:

Advertisement