Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl Friend \ Boy Friend - what annoys you the most

Options
  • 14-11-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Alright heads,
    Just wondering what annoys you the most about your current squeeze.

Or for those not in a relationship, what annoys you the most about a guy\ gal that you bring back for a one-nighter ?

Come on, get it off your chest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

This sounds so stupid, and I really am mad about him....BUT he says 'Aye' all the time.

Hes from Galway, not Donegal, or Edinburgh!! Sounds so strange and really bugs me. Obviously I can't say anything, but I wince a little everytime he says it!!

And he smokes:(

Clearly I have little to worry me....

Nothing really. If she annoyed me I'd be single. There are obviously little things but I prefer not to focus on the negatives tbh. Lifes too short for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

In a relationship I hate: ''We don't spend enough time together''. Yeah that's because I have a life outside of you.

One nighter girls: Nothing really. Or if they want a lift home! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Carturo wrote: »
    One nighter girls: Nothing really. Or if they want a lift home! :o

One nighters that don't put out, thankfully one of them saved me a lot of grief by not doing so.

Relationship wise - The pure rudeness of the last gf. It was embarrassing at many a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭testing_times

Personally with the one-nighter its the dreaded blue balls.
    Getting all worked up but not finishing the job.
    It's just mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

when he uses my shampoo & conditioner

when he dosnt clean the loo after himself

when he clears his plate but not mine

when he talks down to me about doing the washing (or not doing the washing as the case more often is) etc. etc.

when he dosnt use a coaster and then proceeds to not wipe the ring of milk left to dry in

when he dosnt make an effort to have a chat or make conversation with my family.

other than that hes bloody perfect and i love him to bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Does not having one count as an annoyance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

What generally pisses me off when I'm in a relationship is constant contact and general neediness. Nothing more of a turn off, and for some reason most of my relationships I've had have been like that.

Other than that, cancelling plans last minute. :mad:

JaneyMc wrote: »
    What generally pisses me off when I'm in a relationship is constant contact and general neediness. Nothing more of a turn off, and for some reason most of my relationships I've had have been like that.

Other than that, cancelling plans last minute. :mad:

My best friend's gf is like that with him, and he doesn't help the situation, though usually he'd be against that sort of thing. You can't watch a movie (at home or cinema) without the constant vibration of his phone. Terrible carry on altogether:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

This sounds so stupid, and I really am mad about him....BUT he says 'Aye' all the time.
    He's from Galway....

lol. I'm living in westmeath 14~years, and I say it the whole time too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

The pure rudeness of the last gf. It was embarrassing at many a time.

Been there! Nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Does not having one count as an annoyance?

+1

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

when he uses my shampoo & conditioner

+1

Especially the conditioner... your hair is like an inch long, wtf are you using conditioner for? And nine times out of ten it's because he thought it was shampoo...

Carturo wrote: »
    Been there! Nightmare.

Yeah, like when you are in a shop and she is buying something. Something goes wrong (don't have what she's looking for or whatever) and she gets snappy and all "whatever" on the person serving, slamming money on the table for what she has - not that it's their fault.

Meanwhile you stand there, smiling sympathetically looking like a twat for going out with this person. Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

shellyboo wrote: »
    +1

Especially the conditioner... your hair is like an inch long, wtf are you using conditioner for? And nine times out of ten it's because he thought it was shampoo...

YES! i bought a €25 bottle of conditioner the other week, didnt use it coz i was of on holiday sans OH came back and i had to take the lid of to get any out of it! he likes how it makes his hair feel apparently!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

shellyboo wrote: »
    +1

Remove the contents of the conditioner bottle and replace it with immac (or now known as veet) it wont happen again :D

In my case the list is a mile long.

Like How the fcuk does he get green shaving gel on the walls?

Can he not pick up his own jocks off the bathroom floor?

I hate this when i am cleaning or doing the washing up and i get told "leave it i will do it later!" and later never ever comes and i end up doing it myself anyway.

Why is it that when i go out (3 times in 3 years) do i have to ask is that ok can you mind them and he is "babysitting" yet when he goes out i'm not babysitting i am just taking care of my own children??

Currently in my huffs as i am ill at the moment and still have to look after my kids. This is nothing new all mothers do it except this time its scary cos i keep losing my balance and falling and i cant look after the baby. He had to put me to bed at 8pm last night i coudnt stand up and when i woke up this morning i was confused and disorientated. He had just got up and gone to work i thought given the state i was in the previous night he might have taken the day off or something. My Dad had to come get me adn the kids :mad:

ps i am well aware i am sitting on the net so cant be that bad but i am having a good spell at the moment and can hold myself up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I've been there Trinity1 and it sucks and it didn't get any better until we broke up.

Sounds like things need to change but he is happy and doesn't see that you are not.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I've been there Trinity1 and it sucks and it didn't get any better until we broke up.

Sounds like things need to change but he is happy and doesn't see that you are not.

We break up every few weeks Thaedydal. Things change for a week or 2. I'm hardly innocent i give him a dogs life in other ways I dont know how he puts up with it tbh I'd have left me a long time ago . :(

He did take care of the cleaning and kids last night in fairness to him. Hes not a bad guy underneath it all just lacking in maturity and cop on. I'm older.

I think it is to do with how they are reared, if they weren't made to help out around the house and certain things were women's work and if they never learned to clean then it's an uphill battle. esp when you become a stay at home parent they seem to think everything is your default responsiblity like it was thier mothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

A couple of his friends are utter gobsh1tes (one stupid little bitch in particular but everyone else hates her too and only puts up with her because of her boyfriend so it's not just me)....that's my biggest complaint. Unfortunately you can choose your friends but you can't choose your other half's. I know he doesn't like a couple of mine too so we're even.

Apart from that he's a bit too much of a perfectionist at times whereas I'm the complete opposite and that annoys him :D

Nothing major though, if he annoyed me anymore than that I probably wouldn't be going out with him so it's all good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Snoring.:eek:

Nuff said.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I think it is to do with how they are reared, if they weren't made to help out around the house and certain things were women's work and if they never learned to clean then it's an uphill battle. esp when you become a stay at home parent they seem to think everything is your default responsiblity like it was thier mothers.

You know you hit the nail on the head there. I didnt wanna hijack the thread but i even had it typed and deleted it. he is an only child and our last row was over him running to his mother. i told him he was a mummys boy and would want to man up and grow up!! Never had a days responsibilty in his life.

Anyway i'll say no more :D

Feel free to rant at me in pm if you want, seriously it is such a head melt like having another kid in the house.
    I once arrived back after taking the kids to my mothers and he was the last one to leave the house and found
    both sitting room windows wide open and the back door unlocked.

He had been gone form the house 4 hours at that stage and I was horrified to what I was opening the front door to find. Thankfully the house was untouched and I got the kids to bed, played it down and then rang him and his defense was, he had not opened then windows so why would he need to check if they were closed before leaving the house. He never even saw them open as he pulled out of the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Hmmm, his malapropisms. He tried to correct me when I called someone with no brothers and sisters an only child. He thought it was a lonely child :pac: And there's more where that came from.

Other than that he's all good! Unless we've just had an argument, in which case I could come up with a list of 25 things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

My best friend's gf is like that with him, and he doesn't help the situation, though usually he'd be against that sort of thing. You can't watch a movie (at home or cinema) without the constant vibration of his phone. Terrible carry on altogether:mad:

Nothing worse than seeing an oh/ friend and they are stuck to their phone. Height of ignorance if you ask me, I mean why did they even bother to see you in the first place. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Malari wrote: »
    Hmmm, his malapropisms. He tried to correct me when I called someone with no brothers and sisters an only child. He thought it was a lonely child :pac: And there's more where that came from.

LOL :) That is classic. I had one of my male friends call me a 'prune' once. He meant prude. Oh, how I laughed.

Other than that he's all good! Unless we've just had an argument, in which case I could come up with a list of 25 things!

LOl

Same here.

I hate when he says downgraded insteaded of degraded. No matter how many times i correct him he still says it. Bugs me no end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hmm..

The ridiculously large TV thats now sitting in my not so large sitting room. There was nothing wrong with the last one.
    If theres something techy he has to do it has to be done right there and then, but the dirty dishes can sit on the counter for a week.
    He takes ages to make a decision on anything.
    I always end up doing the dishes/hoovering/ironing/cleaning because "I'll do it later" seems to be man-speak for "I'm going to ignore it until you crack and do it yourself."

Apart from all that he's wonderful :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The ridiculously large TV thats now sitting in my not so large sitting room. There was nothing wrong with the last one.

Yes! What the hell!? I convinced him to downsize slightly, thank goodness. Feels like sitting in the front row of the cinema at times.

• Advertisement

Yes! What the hell!? I convinced him to downsize slightly, thank goodness. Feels like sitting in the front row of the cinema at times.

I think that is the point.

Advertisement