Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hickies!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thats_life

give but never recieve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

With the right lad in a moment of passion, yes, provided that he doesn't scar me as if he were Count Dracula. Being a student mostly, the looks by others during the following days is a laugh...and there's always makeup or a high collar if need be, especially around family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

absolutely love giving/receiving them. basically, just have to (attempt to) be careful as to where they end up. working with kids n all. also the whole getting changed for surfing, have to keep a good chunk of my chest/shoulders covered up. but oh so well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

If you don't have some kind of skin damage then your doing it wrong in my opinion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Bite marks and suck marks, yes... in discreet places where no-one can see them except you and your partenr. Hickeys just look nasty. Nasty nasty nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Dudess wrote: »
    Toothpaste is a little trick I learned in school - it sorta worked...
    Never worked for me just ended up with a scab of dry skin.

I sorta have a fear of them since I was held down by my mates at 16 and given a humongous one was black and stretched from my ear to shoulder, I was left with a shadow scar even after it faded. I bruise so easily though.

:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

:eek:
    Yeah it was seemingly hilarious:rolleyes:

shockin. im quite disgusted, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Never intend giving or receiving them, but have unwittingly ended up with them. Im a 'sucker' for all that neck business anyway. Dudess is right, it is awesome.

Arnica does work wonders, I'd a dodgy one there recently enough and it really really helped.

They don't look great on the neck, but elsewhere I fail to see what difference lovers marks make , you'll have them well covered by day anyway, and anytime you do see them, well, i always find it serves as a very pleasant reminder;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Never given them, never gotten one, too close to cocking my leg to mark my territory IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

They are great to give but not cool to look at. Although the last one I had I was very happy with because of who gave it to me, it makes all the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

No no no! I was home at the wknd and my 14 yr old neighbour called over - he had mahooosive ones all around his neck - even directly at the back of his neck - how she did it was a mystery although he is quite small and his neck is prob the size of my ankle!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I always detested them and I have better ways of pleasuring or showing some love. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Love giving and getting hickies. Theyre fun!!! Its better though if you leave them somewhere where its just a reminder for the other and now a big 'I own this' Mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't really see what's "disgusting" about them - it's just skin discoloration. :)

I don't know, they make me feel really desired or something... hard to explain.

farohar wrote: »
    Never given them, never gotten one, too close to cocking my leg to mark my territory IMO.

I find they just work perfectly with the bite marks and the scratch marks myself.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Because your man wants you so much that he can't control how he shows it? Or perhaps you grew up around horses as a youth....

@ dudess feel desired while getting them, or seeing the bruise later?
    or both?

i find it hard to describe... it's one of those things that just in the passion of the moment, biting/sucking is a kind of outlet and expression of all the feelings or something... hard to explain, for me, but yes. definitely in favour of them in general... do hate them being visible though, i can be quite private about those kind of things.

@ dudess feel desired while getting them, or seeing the bruise later?
    or both?
    Both.

• Advertisement

i find it hard to describe... it's one of those things that just in the passion of the moment, biting/sucking is a kind of outlet and expression of all the feelings or something... hard to explain, for me, but yes. definitely in favour of them in general... do hate them being visible though, i can be quite private about those kind of things.

Biting is still very much an animal instinct. Generally speaking the last thing a person is willing to do under a situation of duress is to bite someone. You punch, kick, knee, hit them with a coffee pot, whatever you can. The biting comes in when it's up close and personal and is your last resort. Not because of the range or anything, simply because a lot of people will subconciously draw the line at biting because somewhere deep in their head they want to be removed from the animals.

Biting in sex? That's just bad ass and is once again a very animalistic thing to bring into it.

In other words, t'is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

provided the timing is right they rock, but to recieve one at the wrong moment naah, (nearly said they suck)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

farohar wrote: »

Some times thats the point.
    The neck is far too much of a cliche mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I enjoy being kissed there but not particularly getting hickeys cause I'm quite ticklish. And then there's the aspect of your friends or family taking the Almighty piss out of you.
    Love kissing the girlfriend on the neck though to hear her reactions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ooooh i love getting hickeys! my neck is one of the most sensitive parts of my body. a poloneck/scarf can easily cover the damage next few days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Having my neck kissed/sucked/bitten/etc is one of my favourite things in the whole world. While I wouldn't actively seek out a hickey, I've no real problems with having them. They can be a nice reminder of how you got them!

Faith wrote: »
    Having my neck kissed/sucked/bitten/etc is one of my favourite things in the whole world. While I wouldn't actively seek out a hickey, I've no real problems with having them. They can be a nice reminder of how you got them!
    Precisely. And not just the neck of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I am such a sucker for neck kissing, but hickies are the worst things ever, my ex was very VERY fond of giving them, but wouldn't let me share the love!
    And yes, Arnica is definitely the best option, I've a nice healthy stock of those pillules that you can pick up in Boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I am such a sucker for neck kissing

Necks are great;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I've 2 red marks at the moment, didn't think at the time that he'd be leaving a mark though. Now I'm a bit freaked out by the 'marking territory' and 'I own this' comments. =/

Advertisement