Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commando?

Options
  • 22-09-2008 8:22am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Do you ever go commando?

I do sometimes because I have a couple of outfits that closely fit my form and would show pantie lines if I wore anything underneath.

Other times, I've been out with someone a few times that I fancy and feel daring and in the mood.

Some of my friends would never go commando, with comments like "What if I was in a car accident?" Another said that "If a man knows, he will think less of you, and may even try to take advantage of you!"

Do you ever go commando? If so, why? If not why?

Comments

That VPL thing is a crock.
    Big pants don't give VPL.
    Admit it you just like being knickerless.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Big pants or no, VPL is not that much of a crock. Especially in a clingy dress. Commando or thong FTW. I must say I wouldn't think less of a woman if I knew she was going commando. I would imagine air cooled fanny is a better bet anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I thought this was going to be a discussion about the film :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's grand until you're wearing a short skirt and sit on discarded chewing gum on a bar seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Some of my friends would never go commando, with comments like "What if I was in a car accident?"

If I was getting life-saving surgery following a car-crash. a surgeon and some nurses seeing my lad/laddette would be low on my immediate priority list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Commando is much freer feeling,its great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

stovelid wrote: »
    If I was getting life-saving surgery following a car-crash. a surgeon and some nurses seeing my lad/laddette would be low on my immediate priority list.

"can't have surgery, need underwear"
    at least you'd die feeling free?

Hagar wrote: »
    It's grand until you're wearing a short skirt and sit on discarded chewing gum on a bar seat.

Or you get completely locked and unbalanced and end up spending half the night exposing your bits to the poor unfortunate sober people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Big pants don't give VPL.

Not true. I wish more women realised this, VPLs are a pet hate of mine, I still wouldn't go commando though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The Bollox wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be a discussion about the film :(

Legend :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

I have recently discovered the joys of nude underwear -can be quite ugly to look at at times but they go under everything.

There's nothing more tacky than seeing a white thong through a white pants. A nude seamless thong (get a good one in marks & spencers) is invaluable!! Also nude bras are great for under white tops at work (ie when you don't want you're bra to be seen)

Not true. I wish more women realised this, VPLs are a pet hate of mine, I still wouldn't go commando though.

There is no VPL with a pair of properly fitting trouser knickers, or seamfree big pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Thoughs of me going commando :eek:

Be lost without my Briget Jones!

Gok Wan i need you!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Hagar wrote: »

LOL - i am so with you on that one Hager

Commando ftw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tupins wrote: »
    I have recently discovered the joys of nude underwear -can be quite ugly to look at at times but they go under everything.

There's nothing more tacky than seeing a white thong through a white pants. A nude seamless thong (get a good one in marks & spencers) is invaluable!! Also nude bras are great for under white tops at work (ie when you don't want you're bra to be seen)

nude bras? Sounds interesting, in M&S? I was getting around that by wearing a white sleeveless/cami/whatever it's called underneath the top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ew... what about vaginal secretion (a sign of a very healthy vadge) and... comfort? And people really aren't gonna be staring long enough in order to spot a VPL - it's not that important to them. Aren't g-strings (god how I hate them) designed for that purpose anyway?
    Another said that "If a man knows, he will think less of you, and may even try to take advantage of you!"
    Well that's a crock of sh1t.

For me personally: full briefs are for period time only; in-between knickers most of the time, and thongs that are wider than a bit of string for special occasions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Commando is much freer feeling,its great.

From whose perspective, now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I'd be afraid I'd get run over by a bus and would be lying there exposed to the world.

there is nothing like a fresh cooling breeze flowing through your legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

irishbird wrote: »
    there is nothing like a fresh cooling breeze flowing through your legs

queef much? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Tupins wrote: »
    ........Also nude bras are great for under white tops at work (ie when you don't want you're bra to be seen)

Agreed about the obvious bra thing, but sometimes a glimpse of a lacy bra can look quite feminine and sexy.

I have two pencil type skirts that I have to go commando in, and I do like it;).

I'd never go commando with a short skirt or a full skirt in case a stray gust of wind robbed me of all dignity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Couldn't go commando, not just a 'omg if someone saw me without underwear' type thing, but for comfort, I agree with most of what dudess said - sexy knickers n period knickers etc.
    (I'm sorry but thongs are like a perma wedgie to me, so I guess the only time I'd think about wearing one, would be where it wouldn't be on for long!)
    I need underwear for comfort, and what if you were hot/sweaty / laughed etc and made a mark on your dress/skirt? nope, pants ftw - they're removed when they need to be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I was going to do so in Spain a few wks back as my dress was rather clingy however I just couldn't bring myself round to it.
    It just felt weird.

its much healthier, having lived in a number of hot countries, it is the only way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Speaking from a personal viewpoint only.... if an outfit is so tight on me that underwear isn't an option, even eeny meeny candyfloss strings....I'd be reconsidering the outfit.

I'm very good at forgetting my underwear, say if I go swimming or diving first thing or whatever....then I have to go commando til I get back home:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

UB wrote: »
    From whose perspective, now?

From everyone's, but especially the man downstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Dudess wrote: »
    Ew... what about vaginal secretion (a sign of a very healthy vadge) and... comfort?

That is exactly why I don't go commando. I prefer the feeling of going without underwear, but drippage is waaaay more uncomfortable for me than panties. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I went commando with jeans on before. Changing in the gym after a shower and the boxers fell on the ground getting soaked. Stupidly I pulled the zip up immediately and got the fright of my life;):D

I've no problem with a woman going commando, if it makes her feel comfortable so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

star-pants wrote: »
    Couldn't go commando, not just a 'omg if someone saw me without underwear' type thing, but for comfort, I agree with most of what dudess said - sexy knickers n period knickers etc.
    (I'm sorry but thongs are like a perma wedgie to me, so I guess the only time I'd think about wearing one, would be where it wouldn't be on for long!)
    I need underwear for comfort, and what if you were hot/sweaty / laughed etc and made a mark on your dress/skirt? nope, pants ftw - they're removed when they need to be ;)

Yep, sounds about right. I despise thongs, and that awful underwear with a seam all the way around? It's one giant front and back wedgie. Horrific. I don't think i could ever go commando, i like underwear an awful lot! Keeps me warm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Advertisement