Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What atlantis needs

Options
  • 17-08-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

I dunno if anyone would agree but what would people think of the crew being kicked out of atlantis (new enemy overwhelmes them), and setting up a base in pegasus, maybe being cut off from earth for half a season, and finding new allies and new enemies,
    the recent enimies from the deadalus veriation maybe

the show need a drastic shake up, i love the show and will continue to watch, but would be nice to take them out atlantis for an extended period of time.

what do ye think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Nah, it breaks away from the whole premise of the show then, and it becomes too much of a story arc that has to have something happen with it every week.

It's the individual episodes which has made Stargate what it is, so it's good that they're going that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

But could they top Deep Space 9 in taking it back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMSSOcB1QxM

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I like your idea. But at the same time I'd like to see more of the city and its technologies explored.

Personally a new enemy would wreck my head... I find the whole concept of finding a whole race of undefeatable enemies, and then defeating them, and doing that again and again quite... hard to believe and slightly boring. The exploration and character development is more important to me. I think I am more in favour of a Star Trek TNG exploration of the worlds kinda gal, than a destroy all fake-Gods and enemies in every episode. Though dont get me wrong, classic Ori stuff in Stargate is classic and the Wraith are an amazing enemy, just finding a new enemy for each series is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

true there are to many enemies, maybe keep the wraith around, replicators are gone (please god, theyve been gone forever 3 times by my count but always come back), geni are gone, travelers arent really an enemy,

so wraith and a new enemy, i thought the last time they left atlantis when the ancients came back the story line was good, but it was to short lived, they had control back in the next episode, or even destroy the city, and later in the series find another atlantis, we know there were a few of them made,

just an idea, would mix it up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i dont see why they cant introduce a enemy and then sign a peace treaty?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

that was only done with the system lords and sokar, anubis both ignored it.

If earth signed a treaty with a new race then they would have a border and assumbley some sort of "netrul zone"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

More wraith and travellers... long term thats where I see this going. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

With the last episode I think we'll be seeing more advanced peoples poping out of the woodwork occasionly, considering the coment by Weir about there being more advanced civilisations than one would thinking considering the Wraith.

Hopefully some of them will be intresting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

What Atlantis needs is not to be cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They needed some decent enemies, they never got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

After Rising part 1 I honestly thought they would have to abandon Atlantis, and spend the season scouring the galaxy for a ZPM.
    Certainly would have extended things by a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

don ramo wrote: »
    I dunno if anyone would agree but what would people think of the crew being kicked out of atlantis (new enemy overwhelmes them), and setting up a base in pegasus, maybe being cut off from earth for half a season, and finding new allies and new enemies,

the show need a drastic shake up, i love the show and will continue to watch, but would be nice to take them out atlantis for an extended period of time.

what do ye think

Thats more of Battlestar-Galactica story-line

Like when they were trapped on New Caprica...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,672 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

more season!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Overheal wrote: »
    more season!

Too soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

What atlantis needed was not to keep dropping the characters and addink new ones all the time. SG-1 went 5 years without changing it's regulars, and was back to square one in S 7. Atlantis can't even manage that!

don ramo wrote: »

what do ye think

I dont know about the deadulus variation bit
    but atlantis being invaded i think is being revisited this season at some stage according to wikipedia...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

to be honest it just needs another Jack O Neil...As does every Stargater Programme!! =P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Word to that. It wouldn't be the same without Don though. :(

It would be cool if reality was more like television, and they could just use Jack's Clone. He'd have graduated High School by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

What Stargate Atlantis needs is nothing short of a defibrilator.

Failing that, kill Dr. Keller .. stone dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

WHAT???!?
    Kill Jewel??
    Why?
    the only real reason i can possibly think of is if Carson Beckett replaced her(becuase he kicks ass)
    he's practically back now anyway, fingers crossed i.e. the seed, whispers(awesome episode!)
    But you dont need to kill Keller, she provides the much-needed hotness in the infirmary.

• Advertisement

Gareth-W-A wrote: »
    WHAT???!?
    Kill Jewel??
    Why?
    the only real reason i can possibly think of is if Carson Beckett replaced her(becuase he kicks ass)
    he's practically back now anyway, fingers crossed i.e. the seed, whispers(awesome episode!)
    But you dont need to kill Keller, she provides the much-needed hotness in the infirmary.

Yes. She looks cool .. until she talks, or acts or ... pretty much anything else that doesn't require her to just stand still.

We'll agree on Beckett though. He rocks.

Yes he does!

WHAT???!?
    Kill Jewel??
    Why?
    In Your Firmy.

In Your Firmy.

...I don't gettit...sorry
    It's either awful or im an idiot.
    I'm a nice guy, so lets call it the latter.

kill Dr. Keller .. stone dead.

Now, now, lets not say somethin we might regret!

Kill Kaylee! she's the hottest thing on the show. do we not remember her from firefly? who did'nt want to get down and dirty with tha':D

Really though, it's nice to give Meridith someone to have. it's not as if there are scores of women lining up to be with him!

Kill Kaylee! she's the hottest thing on the show. do we not remember her from firefly? who did'nt want to get down and dirty with tha':D

Really though, it's nice to give Meridith someone to have. it's not as if there are scores of women lining up to be with him!

If she's hot, why kill her???

I don't regret that comment at all! :D It was a third attempt at posting it, as the initial attempts were not PG rated! ;)

I think Jeannie, McKay's sister, would have been a cool permanent or even more frequent addition to the cast. She's pretty awesome.

I dont think you have it in you to kill Jewel Staite. Or Nicole DeBoer for that matter.

I mean come on. Seriously.

JewelStaite.jpgjewelstaite.jpg
    tn_JewelStaite2.jpgjewelstaite01gi8.jpg
    Jewel-Staite-005.jpg

nicole1.jpg180full-nicole-de-boer.jpg
    NicoleDeBoer.jpg0000002821_20060919194108.jpg
    105257ax.jpg

Dammit someone donate her a photo shoot!

I dont think you have it in you to kill Jewel Staite. Or Nicole DeBoer for that matter.

I mean come on. Seriously.

JewelStaite.jpgjewelstaite.jpg
    tn_JewelStaite2.jpgjewelstaite01gi8.jpg
    Jewel-Staite-005.jpg
    Good visual point!

• Advertisement

If she's hot, why kill her???

I'm arguing against killing her off.

Advertisement