Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

rainy rain today.

spent another age on the phone to immigration again.

told that i probably wouldnt get my visa on the thing im applying under, all sorts of new complications ensue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

I just booked my flights home for Christmas! Will be nearly 3 years I've been here by then. I'm a tad excited to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? It cost me a small fortune and I'm not going til Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Xavi6 wrote: »
    How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? It cost me a small fortune and I'm not going til Feb.

Just under $3000 return. Thought it would be more to be honest.

I was all set to come home in Jan when the prices had dropped but the ma wanted me home for Christmas so she paid half the flight. Worked out well.

Not bad so.

It's costing $4000 for two of us in early February. Crazy stuff just for a feckin flight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Not bad so.

It's costing $4000 for two of us in early February. Crazy stuff just for a feckin flight.

My parents paid e2,000 each to come out to me this Christmas. That's NZ$8,000. When I think of all the things I could do with that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Is everyone aware that if you are on 457 visa and sponsored by a recruitment agency, you are entitled to have half the price of your flight payed for by the agency?

I don't know if it works business class but it would be deadly if it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

watna wrote: »
    My parents paid e2,000 each to come out to me this Christmas. That's NZ$8,000.

You either have 4 parents, or you're really bad at maths, I'm not sure which!!!

You either have 4 parents, or you're really bad at maths, I'm not sure which!!!

Or else you're just forgetting about currency conversion! :pac:
    e2,000
    NZ$8,000

Or else you're just forgetting about currency conversion! :pac:

Oops!

• Advertisement

Yeah, was at work and keboard didn't have a euro sign. Couldn't be arsed going to the character map. That may have confused you!

watna wrote: »
    My parents paid e2,000 each to come out to me this Christmas. That's NZ$8,000. When I think of all the things I could do with that money!

my parents paid for both of them, as well as my bro and sis and part of my nana's fare to come over see me at xmas.

i dont even wana think about how much that's cost, but ****, i'd rather have the money than teh stress of putting up with them for a fortnight. not to mention ill have to take all that time off work, and go/take them out places that'll cost money :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

mine came to NZ for 3 weeks at xmas. My brother was living there too at the time so that took the weight off my shoulders a bit. It was nice actually, but once or twice I turned into an angry teenager with them and got stroppy, only your parents can bring that out of you god love them. Still they were wise enough to go and do their own thing most of the time. They had a blast though, I hope, and we got beautiful weather for the whole time.

well, ive already told them in plain, simple language that i dont want them coming out then. 1. im not quite near the point of missing them yet... the fact im about to live with them for a month kinda highlights the lack of them needing to come visit... 2. i HATE the weather at that time of year. i have no intention of stepping out the door unless it's either dark, or i get surf out of it, and 3. i can't afford for them to be here then.

although, woo! my favourite centre, (that offered me the permanant job) have decided to take me on for 2 and a half months once i get back to nz! wooo! aaaaaand, there's a permanant job going after that period, which theyve advised me i should go for.

i dont even wana think about how much that's cost, but ****, i'd rather have the money than teh stress of putting up with them for a fortnight. not to mention ill have to take all that time off work, and go/take them out places that'll cost money :mad:

Ahh bless! It's nice to see you love your family so much!!

well, im looking forward to seein my bro, sis and nana..

after that... there's a reason i ended up living 13,000 miles away... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rocky79

Hi Guys,
    Quick question re my visa and flights. I am currently on the one year programme but had to return home for the last couple of months. I will be returning to Oz in September to work and I hope to get sponsership. my question is will I need a return ticket showing an exit date? My visa expires in January and I don't want to pay for a return ticket when I'm planning to stay.

Thanks

rocky79 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Quick question re my visa and flights. I am currently on the one year programme but had to return home for the last couple of months. I will be returning to Oz in September to work and I hope to get sponsership. my question is will I need a return ticket showing an exit date? My visa expires in January and I don't want to pay for a return ticket when I'm planning to stay.

Thanks

This thread is an off-topic thread for general chat. If you want to ask a question about visas etc please start a new thread.

Thanks

Maybe we (i.e. you Watna!) could start a thread on Visa queries? There's already a good few threads started on visa questions.

Or not. Just an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Maybe we (i.e. you Watna!) could start a thread on Visa queries? There's already a good few threads started on visa questions.

Or not. Just an idea.

Oh the visa queries will come from everywhereno matter what :cool:you do..

• Advertisement

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Oh the visa queries will come from everywhereno matter what :cool:you do..

oh I know, I don't have a problem at all with it, but I think it'd be good to have them all in one thread. Then people with question could read through them, without asking questions that have already been answered!

oh I know, I don't have a problem at all with it, but I think it'd be good to have them all in one thread. Then people with question could read through them, without asking questions that have already been answered!

I'll probably do a visa mega merge sticky if the forum gets lots of visa threads. I think we're ok for the moment but you're right - there will be lots of people asking the same questions so I think a sticky will be necessary.

Sooooooo tired in work today.

Went to see Death Cab For Cutie last night and didn't hit the leaba til after 1am. They were fantastic though so it was well worth it!

I'm in a absolute daze today....headache and dizzy.

For some reason I stayed up until about 12:30 watching mind numbing olympic sports that I have no interest in and have never watched before. Softball. Handball. Dunno what I was thinking!

Hey don't diss handball, one of the best sports around. I played it for 2 years back home and it was great fun.

I didn't diss it. I just have no interest in it as I'd never watched it before, and I found it a bit mind numbing as I hadn't a clue what was going on....they just seemed to run up and down the court/pitch and throw it into each others goals.

/edit, all I wanted was some beach volleyball, was that too much to ask for!?!

Like soccer with your hands you mean?! :pac:

Well now that you mention it!

Except in soccer there seems to be some skill and tactics involved. In handball it seems more a case of whoever misses the most loses.
    Anyway this deabte has gone on far too long already!

Some bird in the office just gave out to me for not printing a document double-sided. 'try and think of the environment' she said in a really condescenting voice. Normally I'd be able to bat a comment like that off, but being in the slightly-sick-and-pissed-off-with-the-project-I'm-on mood that I'm in, I basically told her to fook off. Don't think she was too happy. Ah well!

I would have retorted by asking her how many sheets of toilet paper she uses to wipe her arse. Any more than 2 and she's an environmental Nazi and a hypocrite.

• Advertisement

Hahaha! I lolled.....cos she's German!!!

Advertisement