Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying voice on radio

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That American one that does be on late nite 2fm :mad:

Isn't she Canadian?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

juuge wrote: »
    Has to be Ciaran Mulooley (RTE mid western correspondent)

Iv'e got to agree with you, he's absolutely fu**ig terrible. And I bet you he will still be there in 10 yrs time. fooking muppet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

So, reading all through this it seems the Michael McMullen is the winner of the most annoying voice on radio award and I would have to agree. He used to be on East Coast Radio for years and he was even worse back then.

Others on my list

Laura Woods. She's on with Will Leahy every evening. She really is the pits - the female equivalent of Michael McMullen.

Ruth Scott - quite simply an annoying wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

alleepally wrote: »
    So, reading all through this it seems the Michael McMullen is the winner of the most annoying voice on radio award and I would have to agree. He used to be on East Coast Radio for years and he was even worse back then.

Others on my list

Laura Woods. She's on with Will Leahy every evening. She really is the pits - the female equivalent of Michael McMullen.

Ruth Scott - quite simply an annoying wagon

Sums it up nicely :D

Yer one Woods comes on to "review" whats on TV tonight, what a talent :rolleyes: She should get together with the golf ball muncher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

GTFO

and for the record, that little becky, Damm i want to smash her face in every time i hear Her Voice.

Yes, what a horrible child. She's not funny either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Stephen Nolan, Radio Ulster, grating voice:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 FidesEtRobur

Annoying:

Paul Collins with his pseudo Bog man act.
    Claire Byrne. What a smug wench
    Matt Cooper.
    Orla Barry.

I like Michael McMullen, informative and lacking smugness.

Annoying:

Paul Collins with his pseudo Bog man act.
    Claire Byrne. What a smug wench
    Matt Cooper.
    Orla Barry.

I like Michael McMullen, informative and lacking smugness.

Is that you Michael ?

Exhibit A: You actually think Michael McMullen is good.

Exhbit B: You have slagged off Michael's arch nemisis Paul Collins, a guy that is a long way from where you live in D4.

I'm from the midlands! Don't know either of them.

Michael is refreshing to listen to. I like that he doesn't apologize for being who he is or for growing up where he did.

Paul Collins on the other hand has to put on an act to gain credibility (in his eyes)

If we forget about the accents, Michael is a much stronger broadcaster. Much more knowledgeable and better informed. He's excellent on a Saturday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭katieboo

Can't believe that nobody has mentioned Nikki " i'm a posh bird from Wicklow" Hayes - what a twat.:mad:

• Advertisement

If we forget about the accents, Michael is a much stronger broadcaster.

Well since the thread is about annoying voices on the radio your argument doesnt stand up here :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

micmclo wrote: »
    Orla Barry & Rosin Ingle together on that morning show

I'll say no more :mad:

Miiiichael MaaacMuuuullen, the sports reporter on Today FM also

Yep, have to agree about those two women; scold's bridles should be issued all round...or earplugs for the nation.
    There are no shortage of contenders for this title; I've simply given up listening to the majority of Irish radio when I have a choice...sh*te music with grating accents in between.
    As for Moicheal MockMuulen, only Johnny Lyons has him beat....I think he has a few O'Neill's pugs stuck in his gob instead of marbles...

Sizzler wrote: »
    Well since the thread is about annoying voices on the radio your argument doesnt stand up here :p

I was replying to exhibit A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

I Hates -
    Moickaaal MocMullon...
    The 'BlueCube' Loans Man...

I Likes -
    The LoifeStyle Sports Dude

As for the guy moaning about Spin...
    I noticed you remembered all the show names...
    That says you secretly love them all really :cool:

Jemery Dixon from FM104, He would pretend he cant spell his own flucking name if he thought it would get him a grin from a granny.
    YOUR A TOOL JEMERY AND WE ALLLL HATE YOU... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

Michael is a much stronger broadcaster. Much more knowledgeable and better informed.

He's well-informed in soccer terms only, for everything else, especially GAA, he's hopeless.

And of course his accent is just aaawwwwwwful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Hate anyone who is 'giggly' on the radio in the morning. Why are you so happy? Really annoys me, especially before having coffee.

Hate anyone who is 'giggly' on the radio in the morning. Why are you so happy? Really annoys me, especially before having coffee.

You better stay clear of Q102 in the morning then :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Any chance their stint on 2fm could come to an end,please make it happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChunkyManSkinny

Like many boardsonians Mr Moik-ow Ma-c-Muwwin causes me to change the radio station at the speed of quickdraw - y'all :p

While on a regional basis the dudes on Kiss FM in Cork with their toonage more suited to an under 16 disco (could be the age group aimed at?) and the lovely mid - atlantic accents of those at 96FM:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Sean Moncrieff's voice wrecks my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Stevie-G - RED FM
    Corkonians will know what Im talking 'bout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Larry Gogan, hes just well passed it, im sorry, and hes such a nice guy too. And for the record I like Gerry Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

ok not exactly a radio presenter but newstalk do keep getting this model bird on to talk about socialite stuff, usual on eamonn keanes show . i think her names Lisa Murphy and she "loike, yoou know ,loike uses the loike word," like", you know loike" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too often

im secretly hoping one day they ask her a questin that only has a yes or no answer to see what happens to her brain when she cant use the words "like" and "you know" in the reply.

i suspect a seizure of some sort

any way she just REALLY annoys the tits off me.

oh and not exactly on the same subject but i change the channel everytime the domestic abuse add featuring the two kids comes on. the kids themselves arent bad i just find the add itself sexist and manipulative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

everyone on q102

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

I've always found the G-mans voice to be quite soothing, nay consolatory ... some may disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Jay P wrote: »
    And for the record I like Gerry Ryan

We're a dying breed my good friend ... any phrases in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 paddy318i

Cant stand ya man on FM Marty Miller what a plonker...... actually most of them on FM are annoying... they must have the same script on how to announce whats coming up(ie.... stay tuned and well tell u all about what happened me last night in Min's so don't go away!!!!!) and to brag about all the other presenters on the station and what they do...... the lads on the morning show are very good but the chap after is a nerd too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 paddy318i

sorry dont know what happened there it should be 98fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

jb91 wrote: »
    Sean Moncrieff's voice wrecks my head!

I think he's alright, just a few things about him annoy me. Ever notice when he's reading out his email address he says: afternoon at eh, newstalk dot, eh, ie

Advertisement