Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LESSONS - Offered And Requested

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Melinge

Looking for drums lessons in clare/limerick if anyone can help let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 resonance

I wouldn't normally use boards for advertising but seen as it was asked for here...

I teach guitar lessons and basic theory from my Malahide base.

Styles: Classical/Rock/Folk, (else as required) fingerpicking/strumming/rhythm/lead, theory
    Experience: Teaching guitar for 4 years, Staff member of the Guitar Festival of Ireland
    Duration: Usually 1/2 hour but longer lessons can be aranged
    Cost: Price only 120 euro for term of 10 1/2 hour lessons

Phone: 086 3750865
    Email: resonanceworks (at) gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 emergea

Hi there, i am looking for guitar lessons in my home if possible. Have small bit if experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Looking for a classical guitar teacher in Cork. If possible I would be interested in doing some RIAM exams on this. Please PM me if you know anyone.
    Jane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jennifer Green

Hi,
    I live in Dundalk, Co. Louth and really need bass lessons. Would anyone know of any bass tutors with vacancies?

Jennifer Green

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Right Ive finally decided to make some sort of a hand at playing the flying V Ive had sat in my room for 2 years.

Could any of ye recommend someone in the Waterford area thatd teach me once a week or something , Pretty much Im into Pantera , System megadeth Metallica so someone with a similar music taste would be good , I reckon Id bore pretty easy just doing chords so throwing in some stuff that I know would keep me into it

Cheers
    I tried the waterford board , But I dunno maybe here would be a better place to look:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prune

Hey I'm looking for Sax lessons in Galway, also does anyone know where I can rent a sax? I dont want to fork out to buy one incase I'm really bad or don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ilikeb

Hello.

I am offering drumming lessons in conjuction with the London Trinity Rock School of Music. I have been playing the drums for 12 years and teaching for 5 years. I teach through a grade structure and the syllabus covers styles such as rock, blues, jazz, funk, country, and pop.

The grade structure is ideal for those who want to develop their performance and technical skills. Preparation for each grade covers sight reading, interpretation and improvisation, techical exercises and playing pieces. For more information www.rockschool.co.uk

Each lesson lasts 30 minutes at a cost of €25. Hour long lessons are available depending on age and experience. I teach using an electric drum kit.

I am located in Clonskeagh Dublin 14.
    For more information please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Hi,
    I'm looking for a piano teacher in the south dublin area. Took 10ish 30 minute lessons in griffith college and sat grade 2 exam but failed. Teacher was woeful - I'm 70% there and want to resit grade 2. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Hello im looking for drum and guitar lessons in the galway area preferably drum lessons. Ive been playing drums on and off since christmas and want to learn more. Cheers
    Plonk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Hi Guys,

Wanna take proper lessons instead of teaching myself with magazines. Anyone got any info that would be great

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pauldrums

HEY I GIVE PERCUSSION AND GROUP PERCUSSION LESSONS, ALL THE INFO IS AS FOLLOWS;

Teacher: Niall Gregory

Niall Gregory, one of Irelands top percussionists and teachers has over 15 years of playing and teaching experience. Having studied with Brazilian master drummer Dudu tucci for four years, he then went on to study afrocuban percussion in Havana and Mantanzas, Cuba. Niall has toured all over Ireland and the UK with many diverse acts and recently completed a world tour with the group "DEADCANDANCE". He has led numerous workshops in latin percussion and Afro / Brazilian samba drumming in Ireland and the UK. He is currently teaching in Dublin City University and performing regularly throughout Ireland.

Conga Lessons
    Conga students will learn all the techniques of the instrument including, open tones, slaps, palm finger techniques etc. We will study many rhythms from the Caribbean and Latin America including Cuba, Brasil and Puerto Rico. The smaller hand percussion instruments that accompany the congas will also be studied. The techniques of bongo will also be introduced. Students will also be shown basic reading skills and general time keeping.

Group class in Latin Percussion
    This class is aimed at people with limited or no experience in music. An ideal way to study Percussion and Latin American rhythms is in a group class. Latin instruments from Conga, bongo, Timbale, guiro, shekere, cajon and afro / brasilian instruments like the pandeiro, repinique and surdo will be covered.

Tuition fee: €180

Hour long classes will be held over a period of ten weeks. Places are limited and all instruments will be provided. For further information please contact niall@theirishdrumcentre.com.

MORE INFO CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.THEIRISHDRUMCENTRE.COM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Hi, I am hoping to learn the piano, specifically to play hymns and maby a few classic peices. The lessons can be in Cork or Dublin. I can read basic music but i need to focus on chords (which i'm not too familiar with) PM me with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Well, that went well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

I am an intermediate guitar player but I want to improve my improvisation, solo, speed and accuracy.

If you know someone that teaches guitar in Swords, give me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 knockmark

hi,
    looking for bass lessons.
    anyone available near the city? or the south side, near rathmines, terenure, templeogue area?

thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

I am looking for guitar lessons in the Greystones and Bray area for a 26 year old beginner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lally

Learn any technique, from tapping,double thumbing, slap, artificial harmonics. 2,3 and 4 finger technique etc..

Learn Music theory, reading , harmony, transposition, jazz standards, , ear traning, trancribing, walking bass etc..

Based in the Naas area at the moment, Available in Dublin soon. If rom Dublin, Ring to find out when im available.

advertjpeg2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If anyone is looking for Trumpet lessons, specifically beginners, in the South Dublin area then PM me. You will also be taught written music.

This might sound obvious, but you must have your own trumpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ungratefuldead

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a blues guitar teacher (someone really good) that can help me out with rhythm and solo.

If anybody knows a good teacher preferable in Dublin city centre or north side let me know.....

thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gabriel

Learn all modern techniques to play the drum like a PRO DRUMMER :

*ALL STYLES : ROCK, METAL, POP, DRUM N BASS, DANCE,JAZZ, BLUES, FUSION, SAMBA,CANDOMBE, AFRO-CUBAN,REGGAE AND MORE.

*LEARN TO READ TO IMPROVE YOUR PLAYING.

*TEACHING WITH THE TOP DRUM BOOKS IN THE MARKET TODAY.

*LEARN TO PLAY TO A CLICK TRACK.

*0DD TIME SIGNATURES, MODULATIONS, DISPLACEMENTS, POLYRHYTHMIC AND MORE.

FOR MOR INFO :

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Hi

I am an intermediate guitar player who is looking for guitar lessons.

I am self taught and have been playing about 10 years although I haven't gotten any better in years.

Im into metal such as Pantera / Trivium /Metallica etc but I also like YNGWIE MALMSTEEN etc (although I cant play his stuff)

Im looking for someone experienced who can help me improve.

Preferably Dublin 22/24 area would be handy but im open to suggestions.

Thanks a million

Regards

bigbadcon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Hey, I'm from the northside of Cork and I teach piano on Fridays and Saturdays. I have a few spaces left which I would like to fill. I take beginners and exam students. I charge €20 for a hour, (€10 for half an hour), and have the patience of Job! If you ever fancied expanding your musical talents, I'll be willing to help you out. If your interested pm me and I'll send on details.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

Learn Piano/Keyboard!

--- Basic/Intermediate/Advanced music theory which can be applied to any instrument
    --- How to play in any key and any scale with ease
    --- Songs from all genres, from jazz standards, to classical sonatas or pop ballads
    --- How to write your own music, improvise and become comfortable with the piano as an instrument.

or Bass lessons, learn:

--- Basic - Advanced theory
    --- Scales/modes
    --- Playing techniques - fingerstyle, picking, slap, double thumbing, 2 handed tapping, harmonics etc.
    --- Composition: how to write bass lines for any situation/style. Breath new life into your band. Play funky slap bass lines. Write nice two handed tapping lines that feature a melody over an accompaniment line.

Located in Dublin 6 area, can travel (reasonable distances).
    Lessons are priced at a 15 euro (per 30-40minutes).

Conan: 085-1512716

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Anyone interested in learning drums? A well experienced, qualified teacher has his last 6 spaces to fill (but is too lazy to set up his own account here (typical drummer) so I'm posting on his behalf.)
    He teaches every day during the week, is located in Louth and teaches any age... Any type of music you wanna learn, he teaches. Let me know if you're interested...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

Looking for an experienced guitar teacher in Cork city, who can focus on strumming technique, finger picking, theory and soloing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Hey,
    I'm looking for a good singing teacher to start taking lessons asap! I'm planning to become the lead singer of a rock band so i need singing teachers who can concentrate more towards the rock genre of singing.
    I'ld also like to personally meet the teacher before jumping in to take lessons to see if the teacher's right for me.
    Looking forward to some feedback.
    Thanks,
    Afaque.

PS. could anyone also recomened me a good school/teachers where i can get good singing lessons. I'ld prefer one thats not too far away form the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Hey I'm looking for a singing teacher in the Dublin 7 area, I'm not fussy about which style. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GaryBrophy

looking for professional trumpet lessons in the Kildare or west Dublin area. preferably to include music theory tuition as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PatrickBateman

I teach jazz-drums from my home in Greystones, Co. Wicklow.

Terms are generally 10 weeks long and consist of a half-hour lesson per week.

Cost per term: €175

Please e-mail for details: bateman_paddy@hotmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement