Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Awww! Remember when we used to act the blaggard, building little towns, finding horses, trying to catch cats :'D

Pompie, you always had cats XD

Awww! Remember when we used to act the blaggard, building little towns, finding horses, trying to catch cats :'D

Pompie, you always had cats XD

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

What can I say... I get lonely sometimes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

1.11 was just released too, the "exploration" update. Looks worth a look, would there be any interest in a Realm for six months?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tiffbunny

I may drop by and build a crappy little house somewhere if you did... I've been away from Minecraft long enough that I'm actually willing to consider playing vanilla. :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there still a boards server? the3rdbaboon is my name if there is could I be added? I used to play on the server a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Cobaas

Hey guys, just to let you know we made a few changes to the site and server, so everything is up and running nicely now.

The server is running a new map, Vanilla on amplified settings, here's a pic:xwegPsp.png

The site has been updated to so if you want to get email updates for any server events then you can put your email in and receive them!

The server is running on 5.10.110.100:43640
    Dynmap is running on 5.10.110.100:4634
    The website is at www.mossynetgaming.weebly.com

The server is still whitelisted so if you're new and want to play then you can now whitelist on the website

The discord chat details are on the website!

Send me a message if you have any difficulties getting on! I may have to update the whitelist for some people :/

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is there still a boards server? the3rdbaboon is my name if there is could I be added? I used to play on the server a few years ago.

Hop over to 5.10.110.100:43640

Thats where we are atm, although havent seen many of the lads in a while! i've added you to the whitelist now so you'll be able to join :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cobaas wrote: »

The server is still whitelisted so if you're new and want to play then you can now whitelist on the website
    Cool. Have been looking for a server since I got my PC back together :) Have applied for whitelisting.

the_syco wrote: »
    Cool. Have been looking for a server since I got my PC back together :) Have applied for whitelisting.

all whitelisted now buddy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cobaas wrote: »
    Hey guys, just to let you know we made a few changes to the site and server, so everything is up and running nicely now.

The server is running a new map, Vanilla on amplified settings, here's a pic:xwegPsp.png

The site has been updated to so if you want to get email updates for any server events then you can put your email in and receive them!

The discord chat details are on the website!

Send me a message if you have any difficulties getting on! I may have to update the whitelist for some people :/

Are you using a graphics mod there?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Are you using a graphics mod there?

Shaders and a texture pack, couldn't tell you which ones!

Anyone fancy a realm for a few months? I'd be happy to host it if people would like to play for a bit. There's a lot more updates around these days

Anyone fancy a realm for a few months? I'd be happy to host it if people would like to play for a bit. There's a lot more updates around these days

Good news! The GF is interested so i'll be starting a new realm soon. Let me know who's interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Good news! The GF is interested so i'll be starting a new realm soon. Let me know who's interested :D

What is a Realm server? Looking for a server to play on, just normal vanilla stuff but with some bit of a community. Playing on my own world is rather lonely. Also: we're getting bees in 1.15! They're way too big but I don't care cos they're cute AF!

jaxxx wrote: »
    What is a Realm server? Looking for a server to play on, just normal vanilla stuff but with some bit of a community. Playing on my own world is rather lonely. Also: we're getting bees in 1.15! They're way too big but I don't care cos they're cute AF!

It's basically the same thing as a server except it's one of the in-game ones. The only difference is it's much easier to set up, but the downsides are you can't do quite as much fancy background stuff with it (like a dynamap)

It's basically the same thing as a server except it's one of the in-game ones. The only difference is it's much easier to set up, but the downsides are you can't do quite as much fancy background stuff with it (like a dynamap)

Ah I see. I'd definitely be interested though if you go ahead with it.

Definitely going ahead with it, will start sending the invites in a week or two :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Count me in please, I've been dying to play a bit more Minecraft, but I hate playing it solo.

Will do. Post or pm your MC usernames and I'll send around the invites in about a week :)

• Advertisement

Awesome. Is it gonna be plain vanilla or some extra things added? Will be nice to be playing with others again. Btw I call dibs on having a wolf army!

jaxxx wrote: »
    Awesome. Is it gonna be plain vanilla or some extra things added? Will be nice to be playing with others again. Btw I call dibs on having a wolf army!

Plain vanilla, I don't think there's any other choice with Realms instead of a server

I'm in! Haven't played is yeeeeaaaaarrrrsss. I'd say it's changed loads, the last update I played was horses or potions, can't remember which came last. Keep it vanilla def not the extreme terrains map - last time we did that spawn was right on a cliff edge XD

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    I'm in! Haven't played is yeeeeaaaaarrrrsss. I'd say it's changed loads, the last update I played was horses or potions, can't remember which came last. Keep it vanilla def not the extreme terrains map - last time we did that spawn was right on a cliff edge XD

We have cats, ocelots, dolphins, PANDAS, polar bears, fishies, AND BEES IN THE NEXT UPDATE!!!!!!!

Also: yay for vanilla! Although there is a nice datapack that allows you to cook rotten flesh into leather and one that allows you to die sand into red sand. But GO VANILLA!

Btw before anyone calls it, I wish to be known as 'Lord of the Donkeys'.

FOXES! I FORGOT FOXES! AND BUNNY WABBITS! AND PARROTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Can I join? Username: Lumpy_Lumpski

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Haven't played in a few years - definitely down for this.

They're all coming out of the woodwork now lads and lasses!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's still an Old Skool Boardsies Minecraft Discord server alive: https://discord.gg/m2z7sjR

Should I be concerned that I'm 30 years old and not entirely sure what discord is? ><

• Advertisement

DG, what's the story gonna be with regards to AFK farming? Nope? Frowned upon? Other? Just the easiest way to get saddles early on unless you're lucky enough to find a temple/dungeon/etc (AFK fishing farm I mean). Also if someone finds a skelington spawner and they don't want it, I'll be more than happy to take if off your hands!

Advertisement