Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The L Word Sequel Officially A Go At Showtime
    The follow-up series, which has been in the works at Showtime for more than an year, is aimed at reflecting how members of that community’s relationships, their lives, and experiences have evolved and what has changed (and what hasn’t) since the show’s inception. Its pickup comes as the original marks its 15th anniversary.

Marja-Lewis Ryan serves as executive producer and showrunner of the series, which has received an eight-episode order. Mothership series creator Ilene Chaiken also is executive producing, along with Jennifer Beals, Katherine Moennig and Leisha Hailey, who all starred in the original series.

“Marja has brought her unique and contemporary vision to The L Word and blended it beautifully into the fabric of Ilene’s groundbreaking series,” said Gary Levine, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks. “This revered show was both entertaining and impactful when it originally ran on Showtime, and we are confident that our new version will do that and more in 2019.”

The original The L Word revolved around a group of lesbians in West Hollywood and their friends, family and lovers. Hailed as the first drama series to focus on lesbian characters who are complex and open about their sexuality, it ran on the network from 2004-2009 and spawned a reality spinoff, The Real L Word. Beals, Moennig and Hailey are expected to appear on the new series as their original characters as a point of connection from the prior series to the new one.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/the-l-word-sequel-showtime-1202546479/

Your Honor

Bryan Cranston To Headline ‘Your Honor’ Legal Drama Series For Showtime
    Bryan Cranston has signed on to star in and executive produce Showtime’s high-profile limited series Your Honor, The legal thriller, based on the hot Israeli drama format (Kvodo), hails from the creators of two acclaimed legal drama series: Peter Moffat, whose BAFTA-winning Criminal Justice was the basis for HBO’s Emmy-winning limited series The Night Of, and The Good Wife‘s Robert and Michelle King. It’s slated to go into production later this year in New Orleans.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/bryan-cranston-headline-your-honor-legal-drama-series-showtime-tca-1202546410/

‘New York Undercover’ Reboot Pilot Ordered By ABC From Dick Wolf & Ben Watkins; Anthony Hemingway To Direct

ABC pilot that reboots a 1990s New York cop drama in present day, NYPD Blue. Also like NYPD Blue, which is bringing back original cast members Kim Delaney and Bill Brochtrup, the new New York Undercover too is expected to feature cast members from the original series reprising their roles.

Written by Watkins based on a story by Wolf and him, New York Undercover picks up 20 years after the end of the original series that changed the face of TV cop dramas. It will follow detectives Nat Gilmore and Melissa Ortiz as they investigate the city’s most dangerous criminals from Harlem to Battery Park. Some cast members from the original series are expected to reprise their roles.

Wolf, Watkins and Hemingway executive produce with Wolf Films’ Arthur Forney and Peter Jankowski. The pilot will begin filming in early March in New York.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/new-york-undercover-reboot-pilot-ordered-abc-dick-wolf-ben-watkins-anthony-hemingway-1202545449/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A CW spree - Supergirl, Supernatural, The Flash, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Charmed and Riverdale all renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Arrow, Dynasty, Legacies and Black Lightning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once they advertised Crisis, that pretty much confirmed Arrow, etc. being renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Mr E wrote: »
    Arrow, Dynasty, Legacies and Black Lightning too.

Arrow, I dropped it years ago when Laurel came back to life, the final straw.

Can't believe it's still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,306 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yes the Earth 2 Laurel who now is the District Attorney who has never studied the law :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

By the look of it happy together is canceled. I hope not it was so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

New Amsterdam renewed for a 2nd season by NBC

Legion on FX will end with 3rd season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Legion on FX will end with 3rd season

Ah that’s a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ah that’s a shame
    I really like the show, but I think if it's not wrapped up soon it'll start to suffer.

Not unexpected and, as the link outlines, despite suffering ratings the last 2 or so years it's still the top-rated cable show. However, I don't think they'll continue to get a free pass if they don't do something to bump the ratings.

Party of Five

Party of Five Reboot Is Happening at Freeform
    Another day, another reboot!

Party of Five is the latest series staged to make a TV comeback, as Freeform is set to reboot the the beloved '90s drama, E! News has confirmed.

The network has handed a pilot order to the original series creators Chris Keyser and Amy Lippman, who will be modernizing the drama by tackling immigration.

Similar to the original series, the reboot will follow five siblings, the Buendias, who struggle to keep their family together after their parents are deported back to Mexico.

http://www.eonline.com/news/907216/party-of-five-reboot-is-happening-at-freeform?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories

Party of Five’ Reboot Gets Series Order at Freeform

10-episode show hails from original Fox drama’s creators Amy Lippman and Chris Keyer

Freeform has placed a series order for the “Party of Five” reboot. The immigrant-themed project, which comes from original Fox drama’s creators Amy Lippman and Chris Keyer, has received a 10-episode order at the Disney-owned cable network.

The one-hour drama will follow the five Acosta children as they navigate daily life struggles to survive as a family unit after their parents are suddenly deported to Mexico.

The “Party of Five” reboot stars Brandon Larracuente as Emilio, Emily Tosta as Lucia, Niko Guardado as Beto and Elle Paris Legaspi as Valentina.

The pilot was co-written by Lippman, Keyser and newcomer Michal Zebede. Keyser and Lippman serve as executive producers and writers on the series, with Rodrigo Garcia, who directed the pilot, also executive producing. Michal Zebede serves as co-executive producer and writer.

The series hails from Sony Pictures Television.

“‘Party of Five’ embodies the heart and soul of what it means to be a family in the most trying of times. We’re so lucky that Freeform gets to be the home for this reimagined story, as we continue to represent the resilience of young adults and the importance of fighting for your voice in times of doubt,” Freeform president Tom Ascheim said in a statement announcing the news Monday. “We are thrilled to be able to share the groundbreaking storytelling from Amy and Chris with a new audience, and are excited for our viewers to discover the beauty of this series.”

“We couldn’t be more excited to bring ‘Party of Five’ to another generation of fans. Amy, Chris and Michal’s distinct voice makes this series incredibly relatable and authentic. We are truly proud to be part of this journey,” Jeff Frost, president of Sony Pictures Television and co-presidents Chris Parnell and Jason Clodfelter, added.

https://www.thewrap.com/freeform-party-of-five-reboot-series-order/

Modern Family’ Renewed For 11th & Final Season By ABC

https://deadline.com/2019/02/modern-family-renewed-11th-final-season-abc-1202549814/

• Advertisement

Modern Family’ Renewed For 11th & Final Season By ABC

https://deadline.com/2019/02/modern-family-renewed-11th-final-season-abc-1202549814/
    For some reason I thought this was the final season already. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,085 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ABC renews

A Million Little Things

The Good Doctor

CBS renews Mom for 7 and 8 seasons

Did I read correctly somewhere that they're planning on rebooting Gossip Girl for some reason?

In pointless reboot news, the entertainment president of ABC want to reboot Lost.

I'd be against a direct reboot (it only ended in 2010), but a new cast and a new story wouldn't be a terrible idea.

https://www.etonline.com/abc-interested-in-a-lost-reboot-118925

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

In pointless reboot news, the entertainment president of ABC want to reboot Lost.

I'd be against a direct reboot (it only ended in 2010), but a new cast and a new story wouldn't be a terrible idea.

jesus no , the last season was one of the worst seasons of anything ever

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

peteeeed wrote: »
    jesus no , the last season was one of the worst seasons of anything ever

And the majority of the 3rd season was pure filler...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ABC renews

A Million Little Things

The Good Doctor

CBS renews Mom for 7 and 8 seasons

Absolutely thrilled about A million little things. A great show that more people need to know about .

Isn't Manifest filling that role at the moment?

As for A Million Little Things, I don't watch it but I hope it doesn't stop a new Psych movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

For some reason I thought this was the final season already. :confused:

Yeah I thought that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't Manifest filling that role at the moment?

You beat me to it - was just going to say that! I never watched Lost and know nothing about it but am watching Manifest which is decent enough, although I've no idea where the storyline of the series is going.....

Advertisement