Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That promo with the inhalers makes a lot more sense now.
    I am annoyed with myself that I did not put two and together because there was previous mention of it in another episode.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hopefully we've seen the last of Pól

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I've a feeling that the next story will be Maggie trying to convince everyone that he's a nice guy and that he will eventually become a part of the town or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

branie2 wrote: »
    I'm sure the actor playing Pol appeared in the Chill Bank promo which sponsors Fair City

My son spotted him last night in the Dunnes stores Christmas ad

Areas wrote: »
    I've a feeling that the next story will be Maggie trying to convince everyone that he's a nice guy and that he will eventually become a part of the town or something.

Yeah he is too good of an actor to drop.
    Not only that.
    They would not go to all that effort of character development and giving hints of his kinder nature, and then drop him.

They will also have tangents of Pól's former friends etc if they need to bring in 'trouble' to the show and liven it up every so often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Finding RnR very boring at the moment between Maggie and Tadhg and the radio stuff.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Finding RnR very boring at the moment between Maggie and Tadhg and the radio stuff.

I think it has improved since last season there is much more going on then the Maggie v Tadgh stuff.

I would like to see more Labhras stuff his character is gas.

I wonder what Katy is hiding? I also wonder if we'll ever really find out who the father of her son is? Could he still be revealed as Mack's?

Would love to see Eoin come back. Wonder if there's any chance of the actor taking a break from Fair City? Like Vanessa is doing.

I wonder what Katy is hiding? I also wonder if we'll ever really find out who the father of her son is? Could he still be revealed as Mack's?

Would love to see Eoin come back. Wonder if there's any chance of the actor taking a break from Fair City? Like Vanessa is doing.

I don't know I don't watch Fair City at all.
    I knew Eoin was in it but I didn't know that the actress who plays Vanessa was in it.

It always amuses me that people in soaps are never seen watching a soap.
    It would be funny if they showed the opening or closing credits of Fair City in Tadgh's pub on a telly. Tadgh turning it off and saying 'Na bi ag feachaint an seafóid sin!"

As for the baby thing.
    Babies seem an ongoing theme in the show.
    • Maggie wanting a baby/child but can't...lots of wide shots with staring into the distance after a child is mentioned or seen
    • Fia wishing she didn't have hers...as it is hindering her career...parentage issues
    • Kathy's baby's questionable parentage creating friction
    • Grainne loosing her baby and David unlikely to father one in the near future...adoption/foster possibilities new character?

They are gone ga-ga for baby related stuff.
    I just hope they keep Jason in Spain he seems like a one trick pony as far as acting goes. That nostril thing he does (to signify angst) is about as realistic as it gets from him. Plus the character does not seem very developed despite been on the show for two decades. Bit of a dopey character in my book.

All of the actors or actress now in it, either have maintained a decent standard or improved, like Fia's character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Lads I've just dived into my Ros na Run backlog now, after bingeing 3 weeks of Pobol y Cwm yesterday and Rownd a Rownd :pac: and am gonna try to get it all watched today haven't seen it since like it's 3/4 week back

Only as far a seeing John Joe's new hair style

I assume he finally gave up dyeing it

By the way, the Ros na Run actors I've seen in Fair City are: Tighs son the red haired lad, Fias mother, Janice, Alanna the Garda

Technically Pól too if you count his appearances in the insurance ads placed around Fair City commercial breaks

Wonder whatever happened to the cast of TG4s home produced kids program Aifric, tons of great Irish speaking actors there surely most are still based in Ireland

• Advertisement

I am glad the fia /niall/ vanessa story looks like it is finishing.
    They milked that one way too much.

Wonder whatever happened to the cast of TG4s home produced kids program Aifric, tons of great Irish speaking actors there surely most are still based in Ireland

Good point I saw that programme the odd time Irish is simpler then a soap because it is aimed at kids/young teens.

The actors in it should be well old enough to progress to ros na run.
    Wasn't the actor who acts as Garda Imelda O'Se in it the odd time as a mother?

Good point I saw that programme the odd time Irish is simpler then a soap because it is aimed at kids/young teens.

The actors in it should be well old enough to progress to ros na run.
    Wasn't the actor who acts as Garda Imelda O'Se in it the odd time as a mother?

The lovely Niamhs mother? No it was Def a different actress as its actually repeated even now and I switched to it lately haha.

In fact Im not sure if any current Ros na Run actors were in it. But I can think of at least 4 adults and 3 of the kids who'd easily slot in

Isn't Tighs actors in a foreign language film (Gaeilge obviously) on the Oscar's shortlist as an aside?

Edit: Fun fact, Aifric was dubbed and shown in Portuguese and Spanish for Latin America as well as Turkish, Farsi, Scots Irish and Breton!

I had a quick gander, Gráinne Bleasdale (Sophie) seems to be on the TG4 books for Cula 4 but that's it. The rest are doing different bits and pieces. I'm suprised the lead who played Aifric hasn't auditioned for Ros na Run she seems quite these days after doing a kinda one woman Irish play type of thing, Cliona Ni Chiosain she's very talented

The lovely Niamhs mother? No it was Def a different actress as its actually repeated even now and I switched to it lately haha.

In fact Im not sure if any current Ros na Run actors were in it. But I can think of at least 4 adults and 3 of the kids who'd easily slot in

Isn't Tighs actors in a foreign language film (Gaeilge obviously) on the Oscar's shortlist as an aside?

Edit: Fun fact, Aifric was dubbed and shown in Portuguese and Spanish for Latin America as well as Turkish, Farsi, Scots Irish and Breton!

I had a quick gander, Gráinne Bleasdale (Sophie) seems to be on the TG4 books for Cula 4 but that's it. The rest are doing different bits and pieces. I'm suprised the lead who played Aifric hasn't auditioned for Ros na Run she seems quite these days after doing a kinda one woman Irish play type of thing, Cliona Ni Chiosain she's very talented

Garda Imelda (real name Brid no chumhaill)

http://www.frontlineactors.com/female/brid-ni-chumhaill/

She was definitely in Afric and has done a surprising amount from the Morbegs to Love Hate!

The best thing she has done has to be that McDonalds ad where she sends yer man home from the Donegal Gaeltacht. Doesnt even get a mention in the bio! :D

Didn't know that about Portuguese Afric I will be taking note of that.

Garda Imelda (real name Brid no chumhaill)

http://www.frontlineactors.com/female/brid-ni-chumhaill/

She was definitely in Afric and has done a surprising amount from the Morbegs to Love Hate!

The best thing she has done has to be that McDonalds ad where she sends yer man home from the Donegal Gaeltacht. Doesnt even get a mention in the bio! :D

Didn't know that about Portuguese Afric I will be taking note of that.

"Well lads, three weeks of craaaaic"

"Amach anois!"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hometime9

Really enjoying Ros na Run this season more so then the past few seasons. Storylines are alot better and very impressed by the actress who plays Fia. The episode on tuesday (Dec 5th) where she tells Vanessa that Niall was the babies father was amazing, you could see the fear and guilt in her eyes and it was heartbreaking to see her breakdown, she is a very talented actress and i hope she is on screen alot this season. I love the comic relief we get from Bobbi Lee and Grainne, both have been amazing in their emotional scenes but they really shine with the funny stuff. Katy coming back after getting married to jason is a bit strange though. No sign of Jason and she looks miserable, I hope this doesnt get dragged out for too long as to why she is so unhappy because that will get very old very fast !! They leave out of the blue and she comes back in the same way, for all our sakes Katy confide in somebody so we can finally get an answer !!!

I'd say there must have been a DNA test done by Katy on the sly and it confirmed Mac as the dad so that's why Jason rejected her calls and she came home, they couldn't have added more dramatic sorry for herself longing looks anytime Jason is mentioned of they tried haha

I don't know what has happened Ros na Run.
    New Writers?
    A new direction?
    A brainstorm session?

But I find myself watching it not only to try and learn the liofa Irish phrases, but I am honestly enjoying it!

That episode with the bit with Tadgh and the money collections was hilarious. And multi-layered at the same time.

Any one any idea why Padraig is so interested in that child? Could he be his father?

I wonder will they bring in the story line that the pub is in Frances' name?

• Advertisement

Any one any idea why Padraig is so interested in that child? Could he be his father?

Estranged brother is my guess. Because I seem to remember he had a discussion with another character (I think it was Grainne/Bobbi Lee) and said he never expects to have kids , although he would like them. I expected a storyine after it but nothing happened.

If he wants to have kids so badly why would he have a long lost child?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TuarCeatha

I wonder if [font=Futura, "Trebuchet MS", Arial, sans-serif]Ciabhán Ó Murchú has a different gig going? He's not in the opening and it seems like he and Katy are not going to get back together. [/font]
    [font=Futura, "Trebuchet MS", Arial, sans-serif]I'm dying to find out what Padraig's interest is in that boy. Can't find anything anywhere and there weren't any captions today, so I am not even clear on what was said between them. [/font]
    [font=Futura, "Trebuchet MS", Arial, sans-serif]I was certain that Frances owns the bar...does Tadhg think he can live off of Maggie? [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The kid's footballing coach is a joke. There's one of his players talking to a stranger who's offering him magazines and coaching the kid himself during the training session and the coach doesn't think to walk over and ask him what he thinks he's doing.

I still don't get where this kid came out of and why Padraig is so interested in him. I feel like I missed something over the past few episodes.

Estranged brother is my guess. Because I seem to remember he had a discussion with another character (I think it was Grainne/Bobbi Lee) and said he never expects to have kids , although he would like them. I expected a storyine after it but nothing happened.

If he wants to have kids so badly why would he have a long lost child?
    monkey9 wrote: »
    The kid's footballing coach is a joke. There's one of his players talking to a stranger who's offering him magazines and coaching the kid himself during the training session and the coach doesn't think to walk over and ask him what he thinks he's doing.

Well you were right about the Padraig storyline Kauto.
    It does seem like a silly storyline and very rushed. The dialogue was really clunky trying to fill in the back story.
    "Well you did xyz years ago. But then you taught him how to walk, but were caught in bed with another man."
    Roll credits.

I think it is one the poorest story-lines for a long time, badly written.
    Not very creditable at all.
    Plus, when was the last time you heard Padraig talk about soccer and going for jogs?

Only last year he was talking with the auld ones of Ros na Run - party planning and making fairy cakes.

Some change in a characters dimension there!

Well you were right about the Padraig storyline Kauto.
    It does seem like a silly storyline and very rushed. The dialogue was really clunky trying to fill in the back story.
    "Well you did xyz years ago. But then you taught him how to walk, but were caught in bed with another man."
    Roll credits.

I think it is one the poorest story-lines for a long time, badly written.
    Not very creditable at all.
    Plus, when was the last time you heard Padraig talk about soccer and going for jogs?

Only last year he was talking with the auld ones of Ros na Run - party planning and making fairy cakes.

Some change in a characters dimension there!

It's certainly a silly storyline. I mean ok so it appears that Padraig was once married and had a child then realised he was gay. But why now is his ex-wife suddenly blackmailing him to leave? Sure her and their son have just shown up and they're not living in Ros na Run as when Padraig mentioned it first she didn't seem to know it. Plus what exactly is her threat.....that she will tell everyone he is gay and has slept with a man......em yeah pretty sure everyone in the area already knows that....

Makes no sense!

Is Padraig's ex-wife going to spread rumors about him? I didn't really get the threat either.
    The dialogue was terrible. Surprise! He's the child's father...surprise! He was married....surprise! His wife walked in on him with another man.
    I don't understand either how she didn't know he was in Ros na Rún, the child was on the radio with Maeve, so I presume there was in the same class in school, so Ros na Rún school.
    Last's nights episode wasn't great really.
    I'm still waiting for Frances to get angry and kick Tadhg out of the pub, once she remembers that the pub is hers!

So is Padraig's wife dead? And now the child will come live with him?

Learned this from wikipedia so have not verified it's truth:
    Kathy and Jay are listed as[past characters at the end of this year
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ros_na_R%C3%BAn_Characters

• Advertisement

Just caught up on it from before Xmas there :p

Taidgh is simple Frances is a hundred times the woman Maggie is

Is agree too the Padraig son storyline was very poorly cobbled together, especially as I remembered him on about wanting kids and didn't expect to have them. I was actually expecting Grainne to be a surrogate for him before she for pregnant and has also thought maybe now David is supposed to be infertile that they may do the storyline that way

It seems like they just ignored the Padraig talking about kids and went for its a shameful secret he's been keeping

I'll let it go, I like Padraig and it's nice to see some meaty storylines

Although the ex telling him to leave the area annoyed me, are they suggesting she lived near the village for years and never once noticed him in it? And even if she just moved there some cheek telling him to leave

I do like how Maggie is able to get around Pól tho and he's nice to her, hope they don't have him turn on her

They also need to start building a proper rouge to eventually replace Taidgh, it will be an awful loss when he does, not a proper villain I mean all the cute heure carry on and schemes and all insults it really helps give it a proper Irish feel cause every town and village has one

Jason is a joke couldn't handle him being turned into a bitter old crank like his father it just isn't him.

But I was thinking maybe if Mac is the kids dad they could start to maybe build him bitterly tho if they do it slowly and naturally

Maybe Pol I don't know

Advertisement