Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Millennium Falcon down to just €83.99 from €139.99, today only from lego.com/shop. Brilliant price! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Millennium Falcon down to just €83.99 from €139.99, today only from lego.com/shop. Brilliant price! :)

Snapped it up....where i'm located at the moment it is the equivalent of 315 euro!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I have one already but very tempted. I promised myself to hold off for the battle on Scariff deal as that was the only one of interest I don't have. Also this ?85 may be better saved for a different MF!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have one already but very tempted. I promised myself to hold off for the battle on Scariff deal as that was the only one of interest I don't have. Also this ?85 may be better saved for a different MF!

I got the Scariff set at 42% off on Amazon the other day and used the Lego discount on the Walker instead over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Pretty much all Star Wars sets reduced for the day that's in it

• Advertisement

Quintis wrote: »
    Pretty much all Star Wars sets reduced for the day that's in it

All Star Wars sets are reduced by 10% for 8 days, except the new UCS Snowspeeder. I think the last day is Saturday, with the Battle on Scarif 40% off that day too. :)

robinph wrote: »
    I got the Scariff set at 42% off on Amazon the other day and used the Lego discount on the Walker instead over the weekend.
    Delivered to Ireland or did you have to use address pal/marcel motel? I've been watching it but lowest I've seen is ?39.99

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Delivered to Ireland or did you have to use address pal/marcel motel? I've been watching it but lowest I've seen is ?39.99

Delivered to the UK, but I spotted the offer from a link automatically posted on Brickset of the latest Amazon Lego offers each day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Anyone with the AIB rewards

"LEGO
    10% back on your next purchase
    The home of the toy building brick
    Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase at LEGO IE. Offer valid for one purchase completed online. Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback. "

Mine shows

Available until 23/05/17

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Jacovs wrote: »
    Anyone with the AIB rewards

"LEGO
    10% back on your next purchase
    The home of the toy building brick
    Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase at LEGO IE. Offer valid for one purchase completed online. Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback. "

Mine shows

Available until 23/05/17

Just got €20 back on my Snowspeeder order using this; I had ordered before the offer was active, but because it was a backorder, and the actual payment went through the system after I had activated the offer on the AIB site, I got the €20 back :)

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Just got €20 back on my Snowspeeder order using this; I had ordered before the offer was active, but because it was a backorder, and the actual payment went through the system after I had activated the offer on the AIB site, I got the €20 back :)

Worked out very well indeed. Wish I had 200 to spend on Lego before the offer is up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Jacovs wrote: »
    Worked out very well indeed. Wish I had 200 to spend on Lego before the offer is up :(

If its anything like the ptsb rewards, it will come up regularly enough.

Naid23 wrote: »
    If its anything like the ptsb rewards, it will come up regularly enough.

About as regularly as I have 200 in my account to spend on lego then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

See thread over on Bargain Alerts. At the 20% reduced price in Easons this weekend plus the extra 10% plus potentially the fiver from AIB, if you spend around € 25-30 on sets there's some good value to be had there. Plus it's delivered to your door! :) I picked up two nice little Technic sets for € 26 delivered, so € 21 after the AIB cash back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just heads up, those arts and hobby shops have a lot of discounts on lego. Obviously check online for rrp, because some sets are same price after discount as rrp.

Picket up 10703 classic for 18 quid. 502 pieces with lots of windows and doors for family lego box. Not masssive discount from usual price, but good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

What I do when I see a discount in store is type the product code into www.brickcat.com and it tells me the RRP as well as the price in other Irish stores. Tis very handy to see are you actually getting a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just heads up, those arts and hobby shops have a lot of discounts on lego. Obviously check online for rrp, because some sets are same price after discount as rrp.

Picket up 10703 classic for 18 quid. 502 pieces with lots of windows and doors for family lego box. Not masssive discount from usual price, but good value.

The nearest one to me in Blackpool is just after shutting. Shame as it was a good shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

Argos 3 for 2 on toys, on at the moment. Not all Lego items included.
    Offer is valid between 28/07/17 - 01/08/17
    Cheapest item free.

Niska wrote: »
    Argos 3 for 2 on toys, on at the moment. Not all Lego items included.

Be weary with this, Argos increased the price on a large number of sets prior to this 3for2 sale going live. Use www.brickcat.com to double check prices in other retails stores as it may work out cheaper

Be weary with this, Argos increased the price on a large number of sets prior to this 3for2 sale going live. Use www.brickcat.com to double check prices in other retails stores as it may work out cheaper

I actually got word yesterday that argos would be doing 3 for 2 from today so last night i reserved a few sets, anticipating prices will go up today. Was the opposite, 5 of the 6 sets I had reserved last night had gone down in price today, the other was the same price. They gave it at the lower prices without having to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

Any chance 2 of you would be interested in going on the Millennium Falcon 75105 with me works out at €75.25 each?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Ryath wrote: »
    Any chance 2 of you would be interested in going on the Millennium Falcon 75105 with me works out at €75.25 each?

I'd be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

qwertz wrote: »
    I'd be interested.

Have 3 reserved in Blanchardstown till Monday. Do we have a third?

I'm in the midlands but was thinking of heading up for the day on Monday anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Ryath wrote: »
    Have 3 reserved in Blanchardstown till Monday. Do we have a third?

I'm in the midlands but was thinking of heading up for the day on Monday anyway.

I'm interested too, thanks.

Have Argos stopped price matching Smyths prices? Would have gone for a few more sets that I wanted in the 3 for 2 offer, but the price differences on some sets are massive.

Have Argos stopped price matching Smyths prices? Would have gone for a few more sets that I wanted in the 3 for 2 offer, but the price differences on some sets are massive.

They dont price match anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

New Ninjago Movie sets are included in the 3 for 2 offer. Good for a bargain.

Can't afford the second to get the third free myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Rhyme wrote: »
    New Ninjago Movie sets are included in the 3 for 2 offer. Good for a bargain.

Can't afford the second to get the third free myself :)

Destiny's Bounty isn't available o the site, pity.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Destiny's Bounty isn't available o the site, pity.

It's on the site alright but every store only has 1 in stock.

when you click into the listing, it says not available.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    when you click into the listing, it says not available.

That's odd :/

I'm able to reserve the one in my local Argos (Omni Centre Santry) without bother. Cancelled before the actual reservation though, I don't want to stop someone else from buying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lord-of-the-rings-and-star-wars-lego/13438343?notification=ff3abc124902e0684df2d2f3b4a341f7-1501528006

For anyone who's interested in a number of discontinued LOTR and Hobbit sets. Star wars sets in pics included
    All boxes included and figurines included.
    Drop me a pm if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Anybody else interested in the Destiny Bounty or the falcon?

I was able to reserve destinys bounty along with the ultimate ultimate weapon and Kai's mech in the 3 for 2, they were the only ninjago sets I want at the moment (along worth that €20 ninjago movie city chase set which I got in another 3 for 2 lot, and I recommend it it's awesome :)), and picked them up . There were a few things that didn't activate the 3 for 2 special offer when I was at the automatic till but I went to the customer service desk and they overrode it and gave me the cheapest item free on those sets. I like argos. :)

Also picked up the new Ninjago collectible minifigures, my favourite is probably the awesome Unikitty Fangirl. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

brady23 wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lord-of-the-rings-and-star-wars-lego/13438343?notification=ff3abc124902e0684df2d2f3b4a341f7-1501528006

For anyone who's interested in a number of discontinued LOTR and Hobbit sets. Star wars sets in pics included
    All boxes included and figurines included.
    Drop me a pm if interested

you're not going to see them at that price with that ad, need to add more details like what are the SW sets, add pics of boxes and instructions etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

you're not going to see them at that price with that ad, need to add more details like what are the SW sets, add pics of boxes and instructions etc.

Sold already for asking

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mc Doc

160 Lego figures + lots of stuff - http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/160-lego-figures-lots-of-stuff/13443214 - 200 euro

Lots of Lego blocks in profile - 35 euro each.

I sale myself.

Buy any 5 bags of lego for 100 euro and take 1 bag free. Post acceptable.

I passed the Art & Hobby shop yesterday and saw Destiny's Bounty for €119. Its €169 on [EMAIL="S@H"]S@H[/EMAIL] and €149 in Smyths. Cheapest I could get delivered from Amazon is €131. So it seems like a bargain to me considering you get the full crew of minifigs and master Wu, its got a great PPP ration of 0.05 and its getting great reviews.

I picked it up walked around with it and put it back down. The pending reveal of the Millenium Falcon is putting a real blocker on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

I passed the Art & Hobby shop yesterday and saw Destiny's Bounty for €119. Its €169 on [EMAIL="S@H"]S@H[/EMAIL] and €149 in Smyths. Cheapest I could get delivered from Amazon is €131. So it seems like a bargain to me considering you get the full crew of minifigs and master Wu, its got a great PPP ration of 0.05 and its getting great reviews.

I picked it up walked around with it and put it back down. The pending reveal of the Millenium Falcon is putting a real blocker on me!

It's now down to €99.99 :)

Link here

• Advertisement

Managed to get an order through for the MF this morning amidst the chaos so hopefully that deal will stick around or resurface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

Destiny's Bounty now price-matched from Smyths with Amazon UK, only £ 74.99. Think went to £ 76 when I selected Ireland delivery, but still works out around € 86 using Revolut card.

Excellent set for that price.

Out of my apartment next week and every bit of Lego not already in storage is going cheap or going to my nieces (who already have too much Lego). If you say you're from Boards, I'll knock a bit more off the price.

http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/moving-house-lego-sale/13721243

If posting Adverts links here isn't alright, I'll take the link out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

Some of the Lego Ninjao Movie sets are discounted in Argos.

Kai's Fire Mech is €37.77 (RRP 70):

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=7285976&authToken=

Temple of Ultimate Weapon €85 (RRP 99.99)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7239025/Trail/searchtext%3ELEGO+NINJAGO.htm

It's not 20% off but €10 off every €50 spent at Smyths today. You could bag a Slave 1 for €169 or a Death Star for €399. I'm wiped after the MF. Can't have it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's not 20% off but €10 off every €50 spent at Smyths today. You could bag a Slave 1 for €169 or a Death Star for €399. I'm wiped after the MF. Can't have it all

Is it not like the normal money off there? Spend €50 get €10 off or spend €150 and get the same off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭SteM

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is it not like the normal money off there? Spend €50 get €10 off or spend €150 and get the same off?

Spend €50, get €10 off. Spend €100, get €20 off. Spend €150 get €30 off etc.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/10-off-50

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

SteM wrote: »
    Spend €50, get €10 off. Spend €100, get €20 off. Spend €150 get €30 off etc.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/10-off-50

The thing to watch for here is that it's in multiples of 50 only - spend €99.99 and you only get €10 off, so make sure to add up before you get to the till :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Spocker wrote: »
    The thing to watch for here is that it's in multiples of 50 only - spend €99.99 and you only get €10 off, so make sure to add up before you get to the till :rolleyes:

Well since they're now rounding pennies €99.99 is €100.

If you're paying cash of course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement