Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Just booked flights into Beauvais with Ryanair as we are going to Disneyland Paris (2 ad + 4 kids) at the end of January 2017 . I'm reading so many different views and reviews as to the most cost effective options for hotels, park tickets and meals and was hoping for a little bit of steer in the right direction. With 6 of us any savings that can be made would be great.
    I was onto Disney direct, for 3 nights in the Disney Sequoya Lodge breakfast + dinner, park tickets for both parks they are asking €1,380. Trying to do it cheaper I found the same hotel on Expedia for €685 , that leaves €700 left for park tickets , food and the likes that would be included in the Disney package . Park tickets are averaging €50 ( times 6 people for 2 or 3 days) per head per day so the Disney €1,380 is appearing not bad value.....Am I missing something obvious or is this a reasonable deal overall .
    Staying the 3rd night is costing only €60 in total as we get better discounts overall (€1,380 instead of €1,320) , I'd like to get back into Paris to see the Eifel Tower and other landmarks . Is this a big trek as I also considered staying in Paris on night 1 and then heading out to Disney on day 2 and staying 2 nights only. I'd save €60 on Disney but have to pay the hotel in Paris but would save on trains/buses in and out . Lots to take in but any advice is welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Tickets to both parks are usually included when you stay in any of the Disney hotels, so that price from Expedia should also include the tickets. You should double check this though in case something has changed, as it does seem very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

bajer101 wrote: »
    Tickets to both parks are usually included when you stay in any of the Disney hotels, so that price from Expedia should also include the tickets. You should double check this though in case something has changed, as it does seem very cheap.
    I just had a look and expedia seems to be offering disney hotels without park tickets at very reasonable prices, and then about 600Euro per night more if you want tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

As it is Halloween, forgive me for resurrecting this thread.
    I am planning a trip to Disneyland Paris early in the new year.
    What hotel would you recommend/not recommend? Is the Disneyland hotel worth the extra expenditure? What do you get that makes it worthwhile?
    For transfers from CDG, is the handiest thing to just get a taxi? Any idea of cost vs public transport? 1 adult 2 kids.
    Any hints, tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Advbrd wrote: »
    As it is Halloween, forgive me for resurrecting this thread.
    I am planning a trip to Disneyland Paris early in the new year.
    What hotel would you recommend/not recommend? Is the Disneyland hotel worth the extra expenditure? What do you get that makes it worthwhile?
    For transfers from CDG, is the handiest thing to just get a taxi? Any idea of cost vs public transport? 1 adult 2 kids.
    Any hints, tips?

Get a private transfer. We used inter service prestige. Was €60 e/w for 3 of us. Carried from departures to your hotel door

The DLP hotel looks amazing. It's right at the entrance to the park. Too expensive for our trip there but if it's within your budget, gonfor it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭Damien360

Dodge wrote: »
    Get a private transfer. We used inter service prestige. Was €60 e/w for 3 of us. Carried from departures to your hotel door

We did the same a few years ago and it really took the stress out of the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Hi we are going to orlando in April with 5 and 9 year old girls. We were wondering what are the best theme parks for young children. Looking at them obviously magic mountain is definate.
    We were there years ago when we didn't have children and loved universal sea world busch etc but I didn't pay much attention to attractions for children

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

fennor72 wrote: »
    Hi we are going to orlando in April with 5 and 9 year old girls. We were wondering what are the best theme parks for young children. Looking at them obviously magic mountain is definate.
    We were there years ago when we didn't have children and loved universal sea world busch etc but I didn't pay much attention to attractions for children

For 5 & 9 year old, at Disney, Magic kingdom, Animal kingdom & the Disney waterparks, Epcot & Hollywood Studio's maybe slightly less attractive, at Universal studios some good 3 &4D attractions, Island's of Adventure is a little less attractive, depends on height & if they like thrill rides
    Seaworld, they should enjoy, Busch Gardens similar to IOA above
    Discovery cove is a lovely day, especially if they like dolphins, expensive but if you book the ultimate ticket it includes a dolphin interaction & entry to SeaWorld & Busch

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

For 5 & 9 year old, at Disney, Magic kingdom, Animal kingdom & the Disney waterparks, Epcot & Hollywood Studio's maybe slightly less attractive, at Universal studios some good 3 &4D attractions, Island's of Adventure is a little less attractive, depends on height & if they like thrill rides Seaworld, they should enjoy, Busch Gardens similar to IOA above Discovery cove is a lovely day, especially if they like dolphins, expensive but if you book the ultimate ticket it includes a dolphin interaction & entry to SeaWorld & Busch

Many thanks for that. Had been thinking about a 5 park flexible ticket for the 2 universal parks, sea world, aquatica and busch gardens for 1496 euros. And Magic Kingdom and maybe Epcot individually. I don't think we would get value out of the ultimate tickets which would cost well over 3000 euros and I believe Disney only do multi park tickets for all 6 parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

fennor72 wrote: »
    Many thanks for that. Had been thinking about a 5 park flexible ticket for the 2 universal parks, sea world, aquatica and busch gardens for 1496 euros. And Magic Kingdom and maybe Epcot individually. I don't think we would get value out of the ultimate tickets which would cost well over 3000 euros and I believe Disney only do multi park tickets for all 6 parks.

The u!timers tickets for Disney are expensive & probably not needed, one Disney park per day is loads really with kids in tow, we haven't had them for years, although we have them next year as part of an on-site package, if you are staying off site in a villa or hotel for two weeks, then really you only have 10 park days because you will need a few no park days to chill or shop etc so 2/3 days at Universal, 1 day at SeaWorld, 1 day Aquatica, 1 day at Busch really only leaves you 4 days max for Disney or anything else, MK is quite a big park now with the expansion so allow maybe 2 days, I'd probably go for AK over Epcot for the kids but world showcase for adults at Epcot is better imo
    No matter what you choose, it will be grand

So, decide what parks you want to visit & just buy what you need, you can get 3,4,5 day pass's for Disney, not including the water parks, any one Disney park per day, a one day ticket for MK for all of you will be the best part of $400 so be careful what you choose

Give attraction tickets direct in Dublin a call, tell them what you need & see what bundle they can offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Hello everybody!

I have won Disneyland Paris tickets and planning to go from the 8th until the 11th of May 2017. Can anybody advise on the below questions?

- Is it best to book a Disneyland package, city break, or book flights and hotels separately?

- Is it better to stay near the park or the centre of Paris travelling each day by train? Is the train expensive?

- Can anybody recommend a hotel at / near Disneyland or in the centre of Paris near train line to Disney.

- Wondering if there are nightlife and dining options near Disney?

Thanks to anybody who can help! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭finbarrk

We were there a couple of years ago. It's expensive enough. The hotels connected to the park are expensive, as is the food and drink there. There are cheaper ones not too far away that are not associated with the park.
    We went to a Chinese restaurant one evening in a village close to Disney. We had a car, so that was convenient. But that was only because we flew into Beauvais.
    Better off to research some hotels close to a rail line linking up with the park I would say. That's what I would do if I was going there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Yurple wrote: »
    Hello everybody!

I have won Disneyland Paris tickets and planning to go from the 8th until the 11th of May 2017. Can anybody advise on the below questions?

- Is it best to book a Disneyland package, city break, or book flights and hotels separately?

- Is it better to stay near the park or the centre of Paris travelling each day by train? Is the train expensive?

- Can anybody recommend a hotel at / near Disneyland or in the centre of Paris near train line to Disney.

- Wondering if there are nightlife and dining options near Disney?

Thanks to anybody who can help! :pac:

Congrats on the win! I'm just back from Disney and it was deadly, you're going to have a fab time! we booked everything separate - flights to Charles de Gaulle with aer lingus and then got the TGV high speed train from CDG to Disneyland itself (€25).

We stayed in an apartment-type thing about 5mins train journey from Disney (I searched "Marne la valee chessy" in booking.com and chose an apartment close to a big shopping centre called Val d'Europe, which is also right beside the train station). It was less than €2 each way to Disney and it was so handy!

We went into paris - train was 40mins, €7 one way and then you have to pay for the metro tickets to get around but you can get a day ticket for about €24 (or if you're 25 and under you can get this day ticket for €8 on a Sat and Sunday!)

nightlife - the Disney village is open until about 12/1 I think - have a google, it's free in, theres shops, 2 bars, few restaurants! We were walking by a place called buffalo Bills I think and it seemed to be mad in there! we were too wrecked from the park to really make the most of it though! the shopping centre has lots of restaurants too, few bars around the outside but you're still 40mins from Paris itself so it's not THAT mad really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

i was there earlier this year and stayed in the Disneyland Hotel at the gates of the park.

The hotel is lovely and the location can't be beaten ... it allows you to stroll in to the park early go back to the hotel for a rest / swim and back to the park for the afternoon / evening.

with young kids it is a god send .. as you are a couple of minutes walk to your hotel room all the time. Breakfast is decent enough.

The pitfalls are the cost ... the hotel is pricey and the food there is extortionate. While I wouldn't shy away from enjoying an expensive dinner or two when on holidays .. the Disneyland Hotel is too much; especially considering that young kids will only pick on rubbish while away on holidays.

There is very little choice of food in the park .. fries, chicken nuggets, burgers etc .. all over priced and just rubbish really. The restaurants and bars outside the park are again all over priced and very average.

I took the train to Marne la valee chessy a couple of times and picked up stuff for lunch in the supermarket there .. breads, meats,, cheese etc .. made life much easier in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Thank you guys for the reply! I will continue the research and use your responses to get the best value and fun for the time there. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Philips2233

Hi. Going to Benalmadena this summer.

Adventura Amazonia looks interesting.
    Has anyone visited?

Won't be driving, so is it possible to get there using public transport?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hi,

We are planning on going to Legoland Windsor.

We are thinking of staying in Windsor but òpen to ideas. Where is best to fly into?

Are we better off hiring a car or use the trains?
    Might go to the zoo in London etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Never been, had considered it recently but a work colleague put me off when he came back and told me about how long the queues are for short rides, and how packed the park was.

Anyway, only bit of advice I can offer is that Heathrow is your nearest airport. Its only 11 mins away

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=heathrow+to+legoland&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=0AONWODjI6an8weCy4r4CA

Legoland often have deals on for staying in the park itself, worth keeping an eye out. Think there's one running until 31st Jan

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/cheap-legoland-offers-from-34pp-including-hotel-2-days-worth-tickets-breakfast-based-2593069

If you don't stay in park, I think Slough hotels are next nearest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I went last year. Its quite near Heathrow so that is the obvious place to fly into. The jets taking off fly right over it. We picked up tickets cheap on Adverts.ie for Legoland and Peppa Pig land. We stayed in Basingstoke which is about half way between each.

It was a road trip, but my kids loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Hi,

We are planning on going to Legoland Windsor.

We are thinking of staying in Windsor but òpen to ideas. Where is best to fly into?

Are we better off hiring a car or use the trains?
    Might go to the zoo in London etc.

Thanks

don't bother going to london zoo. it's ridiculously expensive and a pile of crap compared to Dublin Zoo.

re legoland, there are usually very good package deals for staying in the resort hotel one night plus park entrance outside of the summer months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Hi all,

Going at the end of next month and was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for total noobs? Particularly where to get the cheapest possible park tickets!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

Want to go there myself too.
    You would think it would be easier to just put in your dates and get a list of ticket prices wouldnt you.
    I remember in Florida you could get ticket at different prices all over the place. All cheaper than paying at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Are you staying in one of the Disney hotels within the complex or one of the partner hotels just outside it?

I always found the best deal was to get s Disney hotel as the tickets were included in the price.

I'm going again next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Paris is different from Florida as discounted tickets aren't really a thing. They are cheaper usually to prebook rather than buy on the gate but don't expect the discounts you can get for Disney world in Orlando.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Use the french site (google will translate) to book tickets as it's slightly cheaper. If you can use a VPN it'll be cheaper again by a couple of euro.

(they like supporting the french)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭kindalen

In the past I have bought tickets on ebay.fr

Thanks for the replies, I'm staying in a hotel that's not affiliated with Disneyland - Explorer hotel, I think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

athtrasna wrote: »
    Paris is different from Florida as discounted tickets aren't really a thing. They are cheaper usually to prebook rather than buy on the gate but don't expect the discounts you can get for Disney world in Orlando.
    is it not another trick to buy a year ticket and get a multi day spin this year and also next year (obvously a little earlier to fall within the 12 months)

We have a yearly pass for Legoland Germany for the family and the savings are massive compared to just buying day tickets. A year pass there works out the same as 2 days admission if you work it right. I saw somewhere that Eurodisney wasnt much different (albeit both daily and yearly tickets being multiples of what youd pay for legoland!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hi all,

Going at the end of next month and was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for total noobs? Particularly where to get the cheapest possible park tickets!

Thanks in advance

A lot of the eateries in the parks will be shut this time of year. We were there around Paddy's Day last year and struggled to find anywhere to get a light lunch. So maybe bring some snacks for the middle of the day. The restaurants in Disney village were good but expensive (we did love Rainforest Cafe though)
    You have to see the lightshow at closing time at least once.
    Pirates of the Caribbean seems to break down regularly. It was one of our favourites so get there early in your time there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip alchemist. We're going the very last week of march and going by their itinerary, nearly all of the rides should be open that week. So I'm hoping the same can be said with the eateries!

Advertisement