Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It definitely is worth more. But it's competeing with the newer model at that price.
    It's a uk import so depends on what you could get a similar one for over there.
    It's pricey but it will sell quickly enough I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I thought this one was bad, 2.5k for an '88 Kadett
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagemachinery-for-sale/opel-kadett/14027914

Then I seen this '90 reg Kadett for 6.5k!
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/opel-kadett/13968642

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Murt102 wrote: »
    I decided to get in contact with an ad which had an email like that (to see what they had to say).

Ad for sale by a woman called Hazel, number linked to a woman's Facebook called Alison, and the guy emailing me was called Jeffrey. Car for sale in Killarney but he claimed that he is now living in Belfast & if I was interested then I would have to buy the car first (paying via PayPal), then the car would be delivered to me and I'd have 7 days to request a refund if I was not happy with the car.

All seems legit :pac:

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I feel this one deserves a mention.

Low mileage and leather upholstery yes but €4,750 for a 2000 Mercedes CLK which I don't believe even has a current NCT - no thanks.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-clk-class-kompressor-avantgarde/14086845?campaign=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I feel this one deserves a mention.

Low mileage and leather upholstery yes but €4,750 for a 2000 Mercedes CLK which I don't believe even has a current NCT - no thanks.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-clk-class-kompressor-avantgarde/14086845?campaign=2

WTF. Some people are on drugs.

I sold a newer, cleaner c200 kompressor for €800

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

colm_mcm wrote: »

A 21 year old car that doesn't start and costs 514 to tax.Shut up and take my money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

vandriver wrote: »
    A 21 year old car that doesn't start and costs 514 to tax.Shut up and take my money!

Keep it another 4 years and cheap motor tax.

Profit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Quote from seller of Lancer who calls himself Jay

Will sail the nct

He then goes onto say and again I quote...

I drove it home and it ran perfectly, as it sat in the garden it cut out, I assumed it ran out of petrol as it was low I topped it up but it still won't start

Myself I was under the impression the car would need to be running before it could be NCT'd never mind sailing it. At least this clown seems to have a reasonable grasp of the English language not that it makes too much odds.

He surely bought it running for less than that? Or not running for much less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I love how the ad says, "I bought this car 5weeks ago and it started first time "

Lol. How is that a positive piece of information. I imagine a potential sale could go like this.

Potential Buyer: How does she run ?
    Seller: The engine is b0lloxed, but dont worry it started for me one time about 5 weeks ago. Its grand. "

colm_mcm wrote: »

"Was parked up since last nct. I bought this car 5weeks ago and it started first time"

How does he know it was parked up since the last NCT, if it was bought 5 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Tzardine wrote: »
    I love how the ad says, "I bought this car 5weeks ago and it started first time "

Lol. How is that a positive piece of information. I imagine a potential sale could go like this.

Potential Buyer: How does she run ?
    Seller: The engine is b0lloxed, but dont worry it started for me one time about 5 weeks ago. Its grand. "

haha new version of the "was mint before crash" sales pitch that somehow adds magic value to a turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

"Was parked up since last nct. I bought this car 5weeks ago and it started first time"

* However every subsequent time in tried to start it, it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/rare-mazda-az3-1-owner-low-khm/14110289

OGM4YmRhNTFjYzY0ZmFhOGNhZWQ5ODBmN2NmZTNlNDUJ5q29Uj7AdT8xAvv3jmDKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182NTgwNDE4OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

€2500..

It was €950 last week.

New owner could at least take some photos of his own..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not a hope of that shìtbox selling for 2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

These guys see low mileage and quadruple the value, laughable

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-carina-automatic/13740461

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not a hope of that shìtbox selling for 2500.

I agree it won't sell but it is anything but a ****box.
    They re really cool little cars and a good one is getting very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭GustavoGaviria

These guys see low mileage and quadruple the value, laughable

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-carina-automatic/13740461

How many '85 Carina's you think are left in Ireland? There is 19 registered in all of the UK. Man has something rare and is entitled to name his price. That Carina has more street cred than most the VW/Audi rep mobiles many on here fawn over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

* However every subsequent time in tried to start it, it won't.

Minor details come view as first to view will buy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

How many '85 Carina's you think are left in Ireland? There is 19 registered in all of the UK. Man has something rare and is entitled to name his price. That Carina has more street cred than most the VW/Audi rep mobiles many on here fawn over.

THOUSAND

EUROS.......

THOUSAND

EUROS.......

Oh better hit the Caps Lock somebody disagreed with you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭millington

There could be none left and I still don't think it would be worth 6k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Do you think it's worth 6k?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WestWing

:rolleyes: Words fail me.

bear1 wrote: »
    Do you think it's worth 6k?

I said the seller is entitled to name his price on what is a rare car. I don't feel it it is such an obscene price that it qualified posting here and labeled laughable.
    WestWing wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Words fail me.

Words don't fail me, I'm a car fanatic, the effort and care required for that car after all these years to be in that condition is commendable. It is a cool car.

That Carina has more street cred than most the VW/Audi rep mobiles many on here fawn over.

Because its an '85 reg?
    The Carina was (just as the Avensis that replaced it) just a regular family car, it wasn't a head turner in 1985.
    I don't think a golf gti or 205 gti of that era in that condition would even make 6k!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd much rather this and I'd say it's just as rare as the Carina.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-cabriolet-1-8-gti-2dr-nct-sep-17/13895049

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Because its an '85 reg?
    The Carina was (just as the Avensis that replaced it) just a regular family car, it wasn't a head turner in 1985.
    I don't think a golf gti or 205 gti of that era in that condition would even make 6k!

This ^

The amount of insecurity about VW around this place is gas everything has to be about how something compares to VW lol.

Vw bland/rep mobiles and this carina are not even in the same ball park, Which one would i like to drive 400 miles a week in or hit a wall in ? or which one would you like to drive to a car show once or twice a summer....

Street cred is for teenagers.

The Carina is a cool car, it's up to seller what price they name, don't make everything about VW and also don't refer to other peoples cars as ****e boxes (jut a general thing i've seen creeping in here again)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Because its an '85 reg?

Not seeing the attraction of what was a fairly normal car for time. Each to their own though. I'd much rather a 205 gti though i would settle for the golf cabriolet below.

bear1 wrote: »
    I'd much rather this and I'd say it's just as rare as the Carina.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-cabriolet-1-8-gti-2dr-nct-sep-17/13895049

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement