Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEO DSP Internal Competition 2023

Options
  • 20-11-2023 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a query in relation to Video interview stage of competition.

When answering the 2 questions, should the examples be different to those given on the application form? Do you think the person scoring the video interview has access to the application form? I don’t want to restate something they can see, but also want to use my best examples as per application form! Thanks for any help😃

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭irishfemme

I don't think the application will be used at that stage. The selection will be based solely on the video interview, give it your best.

It doesn't matter if you are repeating what you have on your form or using a completely different example.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tasteofthesea

Video done today, nerve wracking leading up to it but once your in there talk talk talk. 3 minutes doesnt last as long as you’d think.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VitreousLife

Best of luck all!

anyone know when results can be expected? itching already and it’s only closed 2.5 hours haha

[Currently serving as EO acting up so all my fingers/toes crossed for this]

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Hope the video interviews went well for all! Very nerve wracking, glad it’s out of the way.. no idea of time frame, would be great to know but doubt very much we’ll hear anything before Christmas.

APs assigned approx. 40-50 videos to review each and have to have their comments done by 12/01/2024 I heard

• Advertisement

That’s great.. any movement is a good thing 🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Poolbabe

Has anyone heard anything about the results yet? I emailed them last week and they had no definite date yet

Hi Poolbabe, all video interview reviews must be completed by tomorrow. So results of this stage will be known tomorrow, I guess it’s just a matter of letting us know the results then! No idea how long that might take though but I’ve been told they expect to do first interviews in early February so shouldn’t be too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭egan23

Anyone hear any more on when results can be expected?

Haven’t heard anything no :(

emailed last week and didn’t even get a reply so not looking hopeful for results this week even

• Advertisement

Reply on Friday for me just said they were being reviewed and would be sent out ASAP

Reply just now saying they’re still awaiting results back so they don’t have a timeline for our results yet but once they know, they’ll update me.

Have a feeling this wait could be a lengthy one.

Looks like it so far

Apparently results are been issued as of last night. Did anyone hear yet?

Nothing so far anyway

Nothing here either, just checked the portal and no messages.. did you hear someone else got word??

Nothing here..

did you hear of someone getting it?

My manager heard of results been issued last night

I don’t think so they couldn’t issue only part of the results

I agree I presume they will all come out together,hopefully soon

• Advertisement

I emailed today and asked about partial release of results.

Results have not been issued at all and they still don’t have a timeframe for the release so I take it that it won’t be today either.

Oh well guys, happy Friday! 🙄

Oh well 😞

I was quietly hopeful we might get a mail this afternoon 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bebcompc

Still no update from anyone and everyone seems to be getting the same reply from HR. Surely we won’t be waiting much longer

I thought they would be in a rush to get HEOs in with people retiring and going off on promotion but obviously not - they just like to leave us hanging it seems!

There doesn't seem to be any time frame, I wonder are they still waiting on results from some of the videos, there must have been a big enough number of applicants

i have a friend working in the south east (AP) and they were told 02/02/2024 for release

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

Has no-one else gotten their results? I just did and I wasn't successful.

Which genuinely baffles me considering some of the people I've seen be promoted over the years. Not that I'm amazing or anything but still...it stings!

Sorry to hear that!

I haven’t gotten mine yet no.. Am I ok to email in to ask about results issuing as someone says they have theirs? I won’t mention anything about you here or anything haha

You should ask for feed back. I understand the whole seeing others who don’t seem capable getting through and feeling disheartened.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

Yes of course. Do emai and ask. I have absolutely no problem with that.

I have a feeling maybe the rejections are coming out first? Then anyone who gmhas passed will get their placings further down the line.

I am absolutely asking for feedback and for a review too. As I said, I don't believe I'm anything particularly special but I do know I have better experience than some people who have already been promoted. I've nothing to lose at this point...

• Advertisement

I passed!!! Whoop absolutely chuffed to bits

Advertisement