Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer NSSO

Options
  • 06-04-2023 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

NSSO are currently hiring Clerical Officers.

Incase anyone is interested,

Em

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭koifish

Has anyone else applied? Any idea on how long the recruitment process may take (in the next few months?) or if it could be a regular year long panel? It seems separate from the standard PublicJobs campaign. I contacted Sigmar Recruitment to enquire but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

I’m hoping it will be quicker as it’s a private company and not pas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Id say anyone that applied will have a good chance.last i heard they were over 70 co's short

I assume no one has heard anything? Strange that the PAS CO is moving faster when it closed after this one

I contacted the recruitment and they confirmed the next stages/timelines haven't been agreed on (doesn't sound promising?) but that candidates will be contacted in the next few weeks once shortlisting has concluded. 😥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Does anyone know if there will be aptitude tests or just interviews?

Any updates for anyone? I'm surprised shortlisting would take this long, even the TCO campaign is moving faster...

This is shockingly slow considering the CO comp closed after and they have done the tests and issued results, can't give out about PAS anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sanktrangelov

Thank you all for the solace that NSSO don't have a personal vendetta against me.

You'd think they'd have given some notice by now.

Some update would be better than the current radio silence...

Finally got something back from Sigmar, it took them a long time to go through the applications

• Advertisement

Good luck all with the assessments!

results out...a high barrier for a pass to next stage apparently.

are the assessments very tough or places very limited? 😥 I'm scared now to look, haha

ah you will be alright...next stage is online.

To pass to next stage which is online. I know one or two who didnt get shortlisted with good experience for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DancingQueen1

If anyone can shed some light on the verbal and numerical assessments that would be great. Are they similar to the ones used in previous CO competitions? Where can I go to do practice ones please? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Imo both were dead easy. Written was 42 qns in 12 mins. Numerical was 36 in 12. Don't know where/if to get practice as this was my first time doing this comp. HOwever, if you've done any tests through Aon you'll recognise them. Numerical is more reading charts than raw calculation.

I hate that there're always so many questions and not enough time - hard to know if you do well or badly. 😓 Good luck all, hopefully we'll hear back shortly after the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DancingQueen1

Thanks for your reply sanktrangelov. Best just go ahead and do it so. Good luck with competition.

• Advertisement

No problem and good luck! Be fast and you'll be grand. Don't panic at the start, you'll get faster at answering as you go - this was the case for me at least!

Hi. Has anyone done this test yet? Can anyone advise what to expect and what websites I could practice on. Have never done them before and don't know what to expect. I'm not academic so worried I will not do good.

I wouldn't worry too much and would just make a start on them now since the deadline is early this Wednesday. They're by AON and more intense/specific than PublicJobs', but they'll show some examples before you start. Just pace yourself and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jaye2023

I barely got through half of the questions in both categories and I feel terrible because that’ll put me way down the list in order of merit 😭 But fingers crossed they’ll get back to everyone with positive news. Good Luck!

I was the very same. Flew through the reading part and just about got half way through the numerical. Can say goodbye to this opportunity 😢

Anyone heard back from them yet, any ideas about when it could happen?

In all seriousness, how long does it take to mark an automated test with only 40 questions and rank the participants? I reckon I could do it faster on my own lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You're talking about the NSSO here.

Those of us who left and are due the pay increase from last Feb to when we left are still waiting 10 months on with no end in sight.

oh yikes, I'm sorry to hear that. Can I ask what reputation the NSSO has for turnover or treatment of COs? I'm assuming there's a reason for the mass solo recruitment drive. It's always hard to tell what depts in the CS are best avoided... many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,469 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A lot of people suffer burnout in the NSSO.

It's high pressure no matter what section you're in. Payroll is in Killarney, tullamore and Galway with the phone lines being in Killarney. HR and their phones are in clonskeagh.

WFH is quiet good. I don't have it my current department.

There was a mass exodus from Killarney on the last 12 months across all grades.

Other locations are the same.

Some love it and are happy to stay. Others want to move out for numerous reasons including working closer to home

Advertisement