Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I can’t see Harrison making it back this year, unfortunately. It would be good to have a natural corner back available to us, particularly when Eoin o’D isn’t in favour. It would certainly stop us having to use Lee in the full back line, which would be a help I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Con O Callaghan went to town on Lee in the 10 minute blitz post half time in the 2018 semi final.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The first 5 mins are critical. They've blitzed us in the last two championship games.

OHora if fit is a big addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any news on what happened to O'Hora??

The initial incident looked like a nasty shoulder/collar bone injury but he played on for a few minutes and then went down for for a lengthy period which RTE didn't show at all

Pretty sure it was a chest injury.

Possibly fractured rib(s).

The initial challenge appeared very innocuous.

Very close to it.

Second one appeared to a sandwich challenge.

He was immense yesterday,finest display in the jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭spakman

If fractured ribs, that's him gone for semi (and prob final if we were to get there)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

Ah i would be very surprised to see O'Hora fit for a semi final based on watching him going off the pitch! A huge loss as he was immense!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Cracked rib, is what I heard through the grapevine. Who knows for sure, but I don't think we'll be seeing him for a semi final. He was brought to the hospital after.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

did oshea forget to call a mark from a few of the long balls in? surely thats your only hope from a long ball with massed defences now swarming you when you land?

if he gets to grip with the mark it could keep dublin defenders on their toes and open up space for others..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I had a cracked rib years ago after a snowboarding tumble. Unbelievable pain, still can't believe just how painful it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Squatman

just to follow the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

Glad tidings it appears the crowd capacity will be increased for the All Ireland semi final.

Tickets will be hard got if the Leinster final pans out as expected.

Rarer than a hen's tooth!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 15,011 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

What's the deal with the Mayo news podcast ?

I admittedly did not listen to it until the Galway preview show (the impact of COVID is having an impact of my interest in this years championship) and it was just Mike Finnerty talking to McStay and someone else, I can't remember who.

Then the review show only appeared today and it was Billy Joe (who I though did a good job) talking to Gunnigan, Edwin McGreal and Finnerty.

What happened to Rob Murphy ?

I can only imagine that COVID has impacted they ability to produce show of the quality they were a few years back.

Rob has taken a step back, that’s all that’s been said about it. He’s get a business to run in Ballinrobe and with Covid I would imagine that has presented challenges that meant he needed to devote more time to it. I like Rob, he has an infectious enthusiasm about him.

Stadium Naming Rights.

Anybody hear that Padraig O Hora's arm is in a sling?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glack

Heard it was his shoulder rather than ribs but that it wasn’t too serious. Didn’t hear anything about a sling though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Didn't hear about OHora.

I wonder if Hastings would stump up 125,000 to change those terrible blue stand seats to green/red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Asked a friend of his. Said he's not In a sling and has a very good chance of making it.

If they stump up anything close to 125K the seats are the last thing they should be spending it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

Rob is back on some of the SIX podcasts they're doing in the build up to the match.Its a great podcast and an integral part of the build up to games for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Great to see two Mayo Captain's going up the steps off the Hoganstand in the space off a week.Well done to Keith Higgins and the Mayo hurlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Delighted for Keith Higgins. One of the greats of GAA.

Great win for the hurlers, bossed that game from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

6pm on the Saturday evening confirmed

Ill be sick if I have to watch us beating the Dubs and then Tyrone in my hotel room in Jurys Parnell street :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Quite a late time for throw in.

How and ever,the least one's worries as hopefully we'll have a golden ticket in the paw!😁

The hurling semi on the Saturday is 5pm then ......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If we can bring our 2nd half performance against Dublin they will be well on the back foot. Conroy and O'D running at cooper like Flynn did for that goal has to be done.

Can only expect they will be a hell of a lot better but so far this year they seem to be off the pace.

Advertisement