Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options
  • 22-07-2020 2:45pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bob Flavin got to drive one a couple of months ago, here's a spy shot with light camo

2021%20Skoda%20Enyaq%20spied-4.jpg

Planned reveal of Skoda Enyaq is 1st of September. https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/enyaq/skoda-enyaq-iv-in-3-2-1/

I think this is going to be a very successful car here, more details will follow with the official reveal, but at the moment it's widely believed to have a WLTP range of around 500km, it will also have towing ability, this may be the EV that convinces the culchies to go electric :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

My fear is that it will be absurd money when it lands...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Some German websites stated that Skoda are targeting just under €40,000 for the entry level version there. Not sure what that comes to here.

UK sites are reporting £40,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

KevRossi wrote: »
    Some German websites stated that Skoda are targeting just under €40,000 for the entry level version there. Not sure what that comes to here.

UK sites are reporting £40,000.

VW group are going to clean up

Really pushing on now, better sell my few Tesla shares while they are riding high

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Thierry12 wrote: »
    VW group are going to clean up

Really pushing on now, better sell my few Tesla shares while they are riding high

It's not like there will only be room for one manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

JPA wrote: »
    It's not like there will only be room for one manufacturer.

I've heard these arguments before

Don't see how it ends well for them when ze german tanks start rolling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Pleas stick to Skoda Enyaq discussion, there is a general Tesla thread if you want to discuss the impact of MEB on Tesla's fortunes

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭_ned_

Yes, Thierry, sell your shares. The S&P500 funds need to buy about 26 million of them! :D

Meanwhile, how are Skoda and Seat avoiding the software issues that seem to plague VW? I thought both are using the MEB from VW?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

_ned_ wrote: »
    Meanwhile, how are Skoda and Seat avoiding the software issues that seem to plague VW? I thought both are using the MEB from VW?

Because they are not yet selling any MEB based cars.
    VW will be first to market with the MEB platform with the ID.3 and plan to fix the software issues by the end of the year and presumably Seat/Skoda will pickup the latest/fixed software at that point.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The "software issues" on the MEB cars are related to getting the augmented hud up and running, and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay working.
    I don't expect the fancy hud to be available on the Enyaq, and as KCross mentions, they'll have AppConnect figured out within the next few months anyway.
    The whole thing was massively overblown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Premiere Prog starts in 10 mins

This now on
    https://skoda-virtual-event.com/livestream

If you don't like their fancy 3d video

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Their little promo video suggests 500km range anyways. Obviously that depends on the battery back. I assume there'll be multiple.

Edit: 340km , 390km, 510km ranges.

(109kw), (132kw) (150kW) motor sizes

It did just flash up "wireless charging". Surely not!? Phones I guess

Those are the motor sizes

Their little promo video suggests 500km range anyways. Obviously that depends on the battery back. I assume there'll be multiple.

Edit: 340km (109kw), 390km (132kw), 510km (150kW) ranges.

It did just flash up "wireless charging". Surely not!? Phones I guess

The 3 batteries are the same as the ID.3.

The kW figures you have quoted are the motor power, not battery sizes! :D
    The entry-level model is the ŠKODA ENYAQ iV 50; its lithium-ion battery has a gross capacity of 55 kWh (net: 52 kWh). The rear-mounted electric motor has an output of 109 kW, offering a maximum range of up to 340* km. This increases up to 390* km in the 132-kW ENYAQ iV 60 fitted with a 62-kWh battery (net: 58 kWh). The rear-wheel-drive ENYAQ iV 80 delivering 150 kW has the highest range of up to 500* km in the WLTP cycle. Its 82-kWh battery (net: 77 kWh) is also used by the two versions equipped with a second electric motor and thus all-wheel drive: the 80X and the vRS, which deliver 195 kW and 225 kW respectively. The top-of-the-range model accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.2 seconds and has a top speed of 180 km/h. The maximum range of both all-wheel-drive variants is up to 460* km.

Gotta brush up on my units. 150kW motor with a XkWh battery pack.

It's not a bad looking car, very traditionally Skoda looking. Nothing too refreshing.

Five power variants, three battery sizes, two motors and all-wheel drive
    Offering three battery sizes and five different power variants, the ŠKODA ENYAQ iV makes driving both sustainable
    and fun. In addition to the one on the rear axle, the two most powerful models are also fitted with a second electric
    motor on the front axle that transfers the SUV’s torque of 425 and 460 Nm respectively to the road via all four
    wheels. The entry-level ŠKODA ENYAQ 50 iV is fitted with a 109-kW rear-mounted engine and rear-wheel drive; its
    maximum torque is 220 Nm. Its lithium-ion battery has a gross capacity of 55 kWh (52 kW net) and it has a range of
    up to 340 km*
    . Equipped with a 62-kWh battery (58 kWh net), the 132-kW ENYAQ 60 iV can cover up to 390 km*
    ; its
    maximum torque is 310 Nm.
    The ENYAQ 80 iV has an output of 150 kW, torque of up to 310 Nm and, at 510 km*
    in the WLTP cycle, boasts the
    longest maximum range. The 82-kWh battery (77 kWh net) is also used in the two all-wheel-drive variants –
    combined with the second electric motor on the front axle, the ENYAQ 80x iV produces 195 kW and the ENYAQ RS
    PRESS KIT
    Page 2 of 2
    ŠKODA ENYAQ iV press kit || Electric powertrain || Contacts
    iV delivers 225 kW. Both of these models have a range of 460 km*
    The range-topping ŠKODA ENYAQ RS iV is particularly fun to drive. It accelerates from a standing start to 100 km/h
    in just 6.2 seconds, and achieves a top speed of 180 km/h – 20 km/h faster than other power variants. In addition,
    the most powerful ENYAQ iV can tow a trailer weighing up to 1,400 kg; the SUV can be fitted with an electrically
    retractable tow bar as an optional extra

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-kits/enyaq-world-premiere/texts/

€35k, depending on the country. What was the ID3 (depending on country)?

€35k, depending on the country. What was the ID3 (depending on country)?

The headline entry level figure that VW gave for the ID.3 was €30k so it is a rough indication of the price difference.

KCross wrote: »
    The headline entry level figure that VW gave for the ID.3 was €30k so it is a rough indication of the price difference.

And what did that €30k translate to in Ireland? 33-34k? If that conversion holds true the Enyaq could be around eNiro (or cheaper) price ?? Albeit for a smaller range (340km Enyaq vs 400km eNiro)

• Advertisement

And what did that €30k translate to in Ireland? 33-34k? If that conversion holds true the Enyaq could be around eNiro (or cheaper) price ??

We dont know yet because the entry level isnt available.

All we have so far for ID.3 is the launch edition prices which are not the entry level models.

The current Irish ID.3 is €35k in Germany, so I would expect the IV 50 to be the same price.

The IV 50 only comes with 50kW DC and 7.2kW AC charging.

liamog wrote: »
    The current Irish ID.3 is €35k in Germany, so I would expect the IV 50 to be the same price.

The IV 50 only comes with 50kW DC and 7.2kW AC charging.

Ah yes. The perfect combo of lower range, thus requiring more charging stops, and slow fast charging to frustrate you on each of those stops. I know they wanna upsell, but the entry version seems like its only there for the headline "low" price.

I must admit the IV50 comes across as a real door buster model, the IV60 has just a 6kWh larger battery and proper charging capabilities.

€33800 in Germany entry price and it looks to have the quality of interior that the ID3 should have received.
    The dashboard display is tiny but it is still a lot of car for the money.

Here is a bloke with an Irish accent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1y3hYai68

230V socket for the rear seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Very impressive looking car!! Interior is very class for the founders edition.

The future is bright!! Scared though that we will be really far behind in charging infrastructure as these will be heavily considered when people are buying their next SUV next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Nice look around on the completecar YouTube. They are saying the entry model will come in just shy of 40k which makes sense. They have a good run down on their website also. Some scoop they seem to have gotten out of Skoda.

You’ll be berated for saying this over on the iD3 thread, but this looks wayyy more the finished article than the iD3. They have surprisingly done away with the stupid switchgear up on the steering wheel. Honestly they seem to have gazumped the iD4.

Have to say, part of me is envious that I just bought a Kodiaq, the other part of me is looking forward to getting into this in 3 years!

digiman wrote: »
    Very impressive looking car!! Interior is very class for the founders edition.

The future is bright!! Scared though that we will be really far behind in charging infrastructure as these will be heavily considered when people are buying their next SUV next year

Well based on previous reports rural Ireland doesn't have electricity yet, so we'll need lots of charging infrastructure in rural to allow them to use these /s

It looks to be a very good offering from Skoda, I'd say a lot depends on pricing of the IV60 model, which is the one I think makes the most sense.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    230V socket for the rear seats.

Really? Didn't spot that. Interesting, if a bit odd. Cant think of much use id have for it other than a laptop the very odd time.

Advertisement