Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-03-2013, 23:27   #5596
MetzgerMeister
Der Möderätor
 
MetzgerMeister's Avatar
Why didn't BMW ever sell the 3/5/7 series with their AWD system here do you know??
MetzgerMeister is online now  
Advertisement
02-03-2013, 23:30   #5597
166man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetzgerMeister View Post
Why didn't BMW ever sell the 3/5/7 series with their AWD system here do you know??
Lack of potential sales I'd have thought. Not too many Quattro Audi's around Ireland might explain why? I'm purely guessing though tbh
166man is offline  
03-03-2013, 00:06   #5598
Stheno
Moderator
 
Stheno's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 166man View Post
Lack of potential sales I'd have thought. Not too many Quattro Audi's around Ireland might explain why? I'm purely guessing though tbh
Weirdly the two audi owners i know are quattro owners!

@pred are three beep normal on A c5 if you take a corner too tight? Back driving and making a list of what the mechanic needs to look at when it gets serviced

Omg the freedom of being able to drive!!!
Stheno is offline  
03-03-2013, 00:16   #5599
challengemaster
Registered User
 
challengemaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetzgerMeister View Post
Why didn't BMW ever sell the 3/5/7 series with their AWD system here do you know??
Because they're committed to remaining a primarily RWD focused brand?, IIRC there was something to that effect posted by them on facebook recently enough too
challengemaster is offline  
03-03-2013, 00:18   #5600
coolisin
Registered User
 
coolisin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,315
More audis are being sold Quattro these days I think, but alot of the older ones seemed to be Quattro was an expensive extra if memory serves me right.
Don't think the xi models ever even sold here at all.
coolisin is offline  
Advertisement
03-03-2013, 01:04   #5601
OSI
Moderator
 
OSI's Avatar
They said it wasn't worth their while to spend their money on developing RHD x models due to the very limited market.
OSI is offline  
(2) thanks from:
03-03-2013, 10:53   #5602
pred racer
Registered User
 
pred racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stheno View Post
Weirdly the two audi owners i know are quattro owners!

@pred are three beep normal on A c5 if you take a corner too tight? Back driving and making a list of what the mechanic needs to look at when it gets serviced

Omg the freedom of being able to drive!!!
I dont understand ??
pred racer is offline  
03-03-2013, 12:06   #5603
tossy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,451
Coolest private plate ever - spotted on the road to Dublin recently...

tossy is offline  
03-03-2013, 12:24   #5604
Big Nasty
Registered User
 
Big Nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 21,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by challengemaster View Post

Because they're committed to remaining a primarily RWD focused brand?, IIRC there was something to that effect posted by them on facebook recently enough too
I thought there was an FWD Bimmer en route?
Big Nasty is offline  
Advertisement
03-03-2013, 12:38   #5605
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXXV View Post
I thought there was an FWD Bimmer en route?
Already has been two, the Rover 75 and MINI. In other news, Pina Coladas are tastier at noon. Well, I've been drinking them since 1130, but that's a mere detail. Not driving today. Well, not a motorised vehicle at any rate.
Mr Benevolent is offline  
03-03-2013, 12:45   #5606
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 358
This post has been deleted.
peter barrins is offline  
03-03-2013, 12:46   #5607
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 358
This post has been deleted.
peter barrins is offline  
03-03-2013, 13:26   #5608
Katunga
Registered User
 
Katunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 645
thinking of changing my car in a month or so, will only be traveling a five minute commute to work so it doesn't justify having a diesel Audi A4 1.9TDI. I will be traveling less than 1000 mile a month all in.
Very max budget 4k min engine size 1.6 max 2.0.
no older than 2003
No more expensive to insure than what I have at the moment.
any ideas?
I was thinking a subaru impreza 1.6.
Katunga is offline  
03-03-2013, 13:41   #5609
LIGHTNING
Moderator
 
LIGHTNING's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katunga View Post
thinking of changing my car in a month or so, will only be traveling a five minute commute to work so it doesn't justify having a diesel Audi A4 1.9TDI. I will be traveling less than 1000 mile a month all in.
Very max budget 4k min engine size 1.6 max 2.0.
no older than 2003
No more expensive to insure than what I have at the moment.
any ideas?
I was thinking a subaru impreza 1.6.
1.6`s Impreza`s are not only slow but they are very thirsty, avoid like the plague. PS I love Subarus btw
LIGHTNING is offline  
Thanks from:
03-03-2013, 13:43   #5610
Katunga
Registered User
 
Katunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING View Post
1.6`s Impreza`s are not only slow but they are very thirsty, avoid like the plague. PS I love Subarus btw
what is 2.0 like?
Katunga is offline  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search