Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** TUE JUL 9 20:15 WES1 Boards.ie Grant Thornton

• 08-07-2013 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Need to collect points in this game

Derek - out
    Cathal - in
    Ciaran -
    Collie - in
    Damian - in
    Darren - inj
    Dave - in
    Gar - inj
    Jules - inj

Keith - in
    Wes - inj
    Derek Mc - in
    Craig - in
    Liam - out
    Paddy - in
    Marsen - inj

Stephen
    Cillian

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in

In

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

Hi Des,
    I wont be there Derek McD.
    Best of luck guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

im in also my mate stephen isnt injured anymore and can come, might be able to get another lad as well since were low on numbers the past 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭murtagh

I'll be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

What was that - 5-1 loss in the end?
    Really thought we played alright - don't think we deserved to lose by that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mousewar wrote: »
    What was that - 5-1 loss in the end?
    Really thought we played alright - don't think we deserved to lose by that much.
    I agree with that.

I thought we could have taken chances had we made them but far too many times balls were passed wide, then wider - or there misplaced passes.

Games like that where we struggle for numbers and have gaps plugged all over the pitch though, I take positives from it.

If the lads who came to give a dig out wanted a shot at the team full time, I'd be more than happy based on what we saw tonight.

Nice play and lead up to the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

From what i saw last night we were the better team for the majority of the game bar maybe the last 15 minutes when we got a bit leggy.

I can't stress how many chances we missed there were numerous where we really could have been 3-0 up before they scored.

It was a good performance considering so many people had been out, but honestly unless we start to take those chances games are going to go out of reach, they took theres well, I don't remember keith having to make a save, 5 shots 5 goals, in contrast we squandered chance after chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I could have done better for their 3rd, but expected the guy to square it and he toe poked it.

But you're right, they had 2 goals from corners that we didnt clear.
    One goal from a free kick in which we had 3 people challenging and it came off their guys shoulder and bobbled in.

I said it to Des on the way out.

when we got the ball in a lot of cases it was passed sideways (90% to the right) and then the FB was overlapping and it was past further out again.

Damo does what he does and the ball is crossed in and we've no one in there or one of their CHs is just clearing it, we scored because we were direct not because we faffed about with it on the sideline

Advertisement