Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrange a game / Open Events / Open Week Details

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭zillmere

Graeme1982 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a game a week on saturday let me know (31st Jan!). I was thinking of somewhere like Luttrellstown (40 euro) or Castleknock (50 euro).

Yeah, I would be keen, weather permitting......

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

How about a game tomorrow? Around 11ish?
    Just throwing it out there, weather should be cold but dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

WillyWonka wrote: »
    How about a game tomorrow? Around 11ish?
    Just throwing it out there, weather should be cold but dry.

I could play tomorrow , where would you be thinking ?

Open to suggestions but thinking around south dublin or wicklow.
    Bit late to be ringing around at the moment so might check it out in the morning.
    Maybe even south county, or charlesland (might be a bit windy for the coast though)...

yeah i dont mind , i know south county are on temp greens and they are terrible , well so pro told me 2 weeks ago. I dont mind either , we could play Wicklow ? but really dont mind.
    if you wanna check early in morn and let me know ye have my mobile right ?

• Advertisement

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    yeah i dont mind , i know south county are on temp greens and they are terrible , well so pro told me 2 weeks ago. I dont mind either , we could play Wicklow ? but really dont mind.
    if you wanna check early in morn and let me know ye have my mobile right ?
    Yep will take this offline assuming its just the 2 of us at this stage. If anyone else wants to join just reply. No interest in playing on temp greens really so more than likely wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Yep will take this offline assuming its just the 2 of us at this stage. If anyone else wants to join just reply. No interest in playing on temp greens really so more than likely wicklow.

FYI as a member in Wicklow here's some data for you. Tomorrow is ladies day, the tee box is booked from 9 till 11 for ladies comp, only other times booked are 11.30 & 1pm so should be no problem getting out.

18holes in play, all on full greens but playing on mats for T boxes.

Tip, assuming you drive the ball about 250yards with a driver, take 3wood from the tee on the 5th, 12th & 13th. Using a driver brings all the trouble into play on these holes. Taking a 3wood still leaves them easily reachable in 2. 5th is 3wood followed by approximately a wedge, same on 13 (maybe a 9). 12th a 3 wood will leave you at approx the 150 marker. If your a long driver be careful on the 16th as the lake is definitely in play if your a long hitter.

Good Luck tomorrow lads, wish I could join you's!

Regards
    Ian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Lads,

There are five of us arranged for Tuesday 27th January at 12 o'clock in Forrest Little, €20 a head, three more would be more than welcome to make up two fourballs if you're interested.

18 holes, full greens in good condition, provided the weather holds out you're guaranteed to enjoy it.

JC

Hey Guys

Have we confirmed numbers for tomorrow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Just PM'ed you there Buachaill.
    All set.

• Advertisement

Hey Guys

Have we confirmed numbers for tomorrow ??

Check you PM Buachaill! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Graeme1982 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy a game a week on saturday let me know (31st Jan!). I was thinking of somewhere like Luttrellstown (40 euro) or Castleknock (50 euro).

Hi Graeme,
    Would love to take you up on that offer if your still on for it. Live very close by too. If still interested let me know and we can arrange something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

ian how much do u pay for wicklow?

1stuey1 wrote: »
    ian how much do u pay for wicklow?

I'm a member so its free for me, but its 20euro with a member in the summer, maybe cheaper in the winter. Its 40 without a member in the summer.

I played it with Willy Wonka last Wednesday and it was €25 .

Only got to play 9 as there was a hurricane so in fairness guy gave us a voucher for 9 holes.

Well worth 25 euro.

I played it with Willy Wonka last Wednesday and it was €25 .

Only got to play 9 as there was a hurricane so in fairness guy gave us a voucher for 9 holes.

Well worth 25 euro.
    yeah its great value, on a good day its stunning. Surprised we lasted the 9 holes. Goes to show how mad us golfers are...I still enjoyed it!

Of course you did you played well , I couldnt hit it out of my way
    I think we were both relieved to give in ha ha it was hellish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

Anyone fancy a game at moyvalley sat have 1 space availible (its free too) for 10.30am, pm me, lookin for guys around my own age 33 or younger

Anybody about for a game tomorrow ???
    Weather is to be dry and obviously it will be down to courses being open.
    My place ( Coollattin ) was open today so should definately be open tomorrow.

Anybody about for a game tomorrow ???
    Weather is to be dry and obviously it will be down to courses being open.
    My place ( Coollattin ) was open today so should definately be open tomorrow.
    Might do buachaill, will give you a shout early in the am if thats ok with you?

• Advertisement

yeah sounds good
    DonkeyPoker can play also , I will make the call in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

how are we looking for Sunday?

will it be playable, and does anyone fancy a game?

Looking for a game on Monday next 23rd of Feb, would rather play a different course than Wicklow for a change, however if anyone wants to play Wicklow with me its 15euro and the time sheet is completely free.

Let me know
    Regards
    Ian

I might / should be around Ian and dont mind where I play either.
    Will keep u posted, anyone else ????

Hey Just wondering if anyone is about for a game tomorrow ?? Really dont mind where !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

alri Im a member of castleknock usually play at the weekends and will be playing at 630 is in summer during the week when the clock goes forward, if you fancy a game PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Hey Just wondering if anyone is about for a game tomorrow ?? Really dont mind where !!
    hi Buachaill,team event on in arklow tomorrow 25 euro each free lines between 9.30 - 10.30 if you can get another 2 to fill slot i'll make booking :)

Hey George 67

Thanks for the option but I cant get two others, plus I just booked myself in for a custom fit in Foregolf for 11.00 tomorrow so wouldnt be around for a game till about 12.30 ish.

Thats a great deal in Arklow though isnt it !!
    Must keep that in mind for next week. If ur about for a game tomorrow at this time sure let me know.

Thanks Again

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Hey George 67

Thanks for the option but I cant get two others, plus I just booked myself in for a custom fit in Foregolf for 11.00 tomorrow so wouldnt be around for a game till about 12.30 ish.

Thats a great deal in Arklow though isnt it !!
    Must keep that in mind for next week. If ur about for a game tomorrow at this time sure let me know.

Thanks Again
    there is a slot at 12.40 but we need 4 . comp finishes at 1.30 if you want to go out after that for a 2 ball .

• Advertisement

Do you know how much that will cost us for a 2 ball ?

Advertisement