Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children stabbed in Dublin city centre **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

7 cars, 3 garda cars, a luas tram all destroyed.

Loads more vehicles damaged (garda and civilian), thats not even counting the property damage and looting.

I'm f**king disgusted at these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Its a good question, maybe our minds are being polluted by social media. Italy, France and Sweden do seem to be having issues, no reason why it could not escalate here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

You don't think the Gardai need oversight???

Short memory chief.

McCabe nearly took his life because of the smear campaign initiated by senior Gardai. The man was trying to expose how rotten, corrupt and lazy the Gardai were and they tried to end him. 2 commissioners were heavily involved in smearing a very good man. They even used TUSLA.

They faked 1.5 million breath tests in order to be able to sit on their arses doing nothing.

They quashed penalty points for the elite.

We need more whistleblowers to root out the corrupt Gardai. But they are too scared now for obvious reasons.

Get some perspective on a GSOC with very little power before you give the Gardai a carte blanche to become corrupt and lazy again.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Fair play to all involved in helping out yesterday after the stabbing incident, but I see someone has started a go fund me page so people can donate to buy a pint for Caio Benicio

I don't think this is a good idea in any shape or form. Will only cause more hateful remarks. Yes he was great and brave as were the other people who helped out but they have not been included in this go fund me

Maybe the money should be used for helping in the clean up, or help for the children in the school affected

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Did i knock down your dog or something, its nothing but sneaky comments from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Jimi H

There should be more discussion on immigration. It seems to be a no-go area for a lot of politicians and media outlets and avoiding it gives a voice to some really nasty people.

Personally I think we’ve benefited from people immigrating but we shouldn’t be allowing potentially dangerous individuals in. Helen McEntee said people are also expected to self deport after deportation orders are made which seems crazy.

We also need long term plans for the feral youths and how to get them to participate in a functioning society or else to get them off the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,401 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Mick Wallace could have just left it at thoughts and prayers, but he just had to get a little dig in about the war in Gaza. What an a-hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Christy42

I mean we just didn't have jobs here. There was a reason we had masses of people leaving the country. but yeah, for a country to become attractive it has to have high paying jobs and then the locals set those as their standards. This pattern can be seen around the world with migration. There are lazy people everywhere including Ireland.

You would need to show that the jobs would be there. A lot of MNCs with a big mix of Irish and foreign workers would not be able to replace solely from the local population, this will drive those Irish working for them further down the job market and you are competing with them instead. A lot of people buying things are from abroad so there would be less shops required and less people working in shops.

And housing would still be bursting. We would just have less built.

It isn't quantum physics but it does take a layer of thinking of the actual effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Meet_Yur_Maker

Unfortunately he’s not the only one-ive seen similar on here last night, with a number of people saying how the scummers rioting were the same as the men in 1916 and we were all putting them down just as society did back then. 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

this all ties back to the Childrens act 2001 or whatever year it was

garda and judiciarys hands were tied and this is the result

its not the far right, its not the shinners, its not the immigants, its the government at fault

no one controls them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

What happened in Dublin yesterday was appalling, depressing and downright frightening .... the whole thing ... from the stabbing to the riots ... was awful ...

The Gardai and no one else should deal with the actual crime scene, investigate and bring to justice the perpetrator ... no vigilantes or mob rule ... it is horrible what goes on with people taking law into their own hands .... worse though of all is the far right morons taking advantage ... spreading their hatred ... using and abusing events to further their vile agenda ...

These far right organisations, parties and individuals all share the same traits .... pro war, pro violence, pro racism, pro intolerance, pro homophobia, pro misogyny, pro conspiracy theory ... they need to be treated like ISIS and Al Qaeda and their cause taken from them ...

The govt needs to act on things that fuel their cause .. at present homelessness and the housing crisis seems to drive them and in the past it was long counterproductive Covid 19 lockdowns commonly called Level 5 restrictions in Ireland ... the govt need to be aware of what annoys people and what far right can use as a cause ...

Further to that the state does need to impose anti hate legislation and needs to reframe free speech as responsible free speech .... it also needs to take down the main individuals who are known nationally and locally ... and recognise parts of the country like Dublin and Waterford City where there are very active cells of such morons promoting their vile agendas ...

With the rise of madmen in the world like Trump, Mojtaba Khamenei, Netanyahu (and his far right coalition partners), the leaders of ISIS and Al Qaeda, the guy in Argentina who won, the guy in Netherlands who won, etc. ... it is clear a sizeable minority of people are sucked into the far right horror show, a minority that is enough to put a far right party into a position to form a govt in those countries that are not already far right dictatorships .... even more worrying is that the Republicans in America have become a total far right party and the Tories in the UK halfway there ... the world needs to wake up and talk to people who lived before 1979 in Iran who then supported the Khamenei far right but now regret it since they took power ... or to those who lived in Germany during the 1940s who also regretted their once love of Hitler .... sadly history repeats itself and people still put their faith in far right lunatics ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

No we can’t expect this to happen.

We should never expect this to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Quitelife

The judges and free legal Aid solicitors think it’s ok to do this stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

What happened last night has little or nothing to do with immigration.

We saw all this before with the Love Ulster riots in 2006.

It has to do with the fact that a great many individuals who live in Dublin 1 are completely economically deprived, due to decades of under-investment in the area in terms of housing, education, healthcare, and now you have parents and grandparents who were either victims or left to suffer the consequences of a truly massive heroin epidemic from the late 1970's onwards, which led to a huge HIV / AIDS crisis as well as the heroin epidemic itself and prior to that, the area was mainly slums with people being employed in manual work which fell away as society moved on, in part this helped to cause unemployment and then the heroin. Those who were lucky were rehoused outside of the city. The resulting vacuum of people leaving has also played its part.

Over decades this has set in, and is now embedded. You have multiple generations of people who are badly educated with no social networks or protection, not being made to stay in school because parents are either dead, in prison or stoned, people who grow up in the area can't get work because society has changed and they mostly totally unprepared for modern life and the work this sociopolitical grouping of people would traditionally have taken is now gone forever and nothing was done to address that.

The political system has failed these people but when people there and around the country either don't vote or vote for FF or FG or useless independents again and again and again, what do you expect?

Now the far right are manipulating these people who really have not the education or skills to know any better. The result is the chaos we saw in 2006 and last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

I thought John Lennon was about to sing imagine, instead it's some US nut job saying imagine to the naive and bewildered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭seanjmc

Agree 100% but it's worth noting that the housing problem is really serious now.

Housing doesn't impact vast swathes of people but for those those renting or stuck at home in the parents unable to affford rent or couch surfing or saving as house prices rise or facing eviction or in emergency accomodation it's a huge issue and for their family and friends too.

The government need to stop **** about. Housing is a grave emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Exactly one woman is in critical condition for trying to protect the children, this just stinks of vitue signaling. The money raised should go towards those in hospital, the victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This organisation has been feeding thousands of people each month in Dublin inner city.

This is the consequence of those spouting about putting Ireland first and taking care of the Irish. Irish people (and others) who struggle to provide for themselves will now no longer have one source by which to gain food and provisions.

Although such people never thought of the Muslim sisters when accusing their religion of being nothing more than extremists so I doubt they'll care about the people they served either.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

no, it has not failed them

it is they who are at fault, no excuses

There's plenty of support out there in all the scobey areas, money thrown at the problem and this is the result

and no consequences

this is what you get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Quitelife

City centres like Dublin & limerick city centre for the past number of years have young and not so young gurriers getting away with robbing , drug dealing , intimidating the law abiding without anything happening to them thanks to lack of gardai- soft on crime judges & politicans , inadequate prisons and free legal aid liars .

Rioting and looting shops is the next step in the final stages of lawlessness in our cities & towns

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

"It has failed them - or it would not have happened."

"Money thrown at the problem".

What problem is that? There are many problems there, and none of them have had billions invested in resolving them. If this was the case, what happened last night and in 2006 would not have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How are you defining "illegal" immigration?

People arriving here and seeking asylum are not illegal. They are refugees.

This is something that is being coined by British media and then shockingly used by British government and it should not creep over here.

Also how do objectors discern who's legal and in there eyes "illegal".

The person who carried out the attack yesterday was legal and an Irish citizen.

It was Irish people who of course live here legally who wrecked Dublin yesterday not immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Long Sean Silver

no i would seek to educate myself, so as not to have to rely on such employment. that said i did work menial jobs while in college. crap work, crap pay, but i did enjoy myself, met some real characters, and learnt quite a lot about how business actually operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I'd agree with this. I'm pro-immigration but there has to be some control. Some of the anecdotal stuff I've heard is frightening albeit I'm conscious it's anecdotal. Foreigners who contribute to society or who are looking for a better life should be welcome. Dangerous criminals or people whose identities we cannot verify should be turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Deflecting and blame. For years now nothing is stopping anyone from getting an education, a job and behaving like a civilised human being. And even if they won’t, behaving like scumbags is on them, not anyone else. All society should do is deter and punish these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭archfi

Masking faces in public has unfortunately been normalised in this country over the past three years and is something that should be discouraged.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke III

You'll have to qualify 'the other kind'. Do you mean people who are here under false pretences? (as opposed to, for example Ukrainian refugees)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭lmao10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement