Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 24,931 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

People who dedicate themselves and by proxy their ego to altruism…

every second day, a person I’m friends with but more an acquaintance in real life… on their social media…’collecting xyx for this charity’, ‘doing this run.. here is a link to sponsor me…’ ‘collecting clothes / foodstuffs / old prams / bicycles / tools whatever….’…’ does anyone know a carpenter to fix a table for…’ then the same one with memes for any mental health thing, charity road race or swim, whatever….

Look, I get it, you enjoy / get a kick out of helping people….. and you enjoy getting the auld ego stroked in return… but I genuinely just use social media to keep in contact with friends and family, fun, lighthearted, occasionally informative……quit the altruistic propaganda already… muted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭wildwillow

It annoys me that on the few occasions that I need to pay customs to An Post I get a plausible scam text demanding payment of a few euro.

It appears a day or two before the email from An Post so a person could easily be fooled by it.

I suspect there is a leak somewhere in the system as the texts always coincide with an expected delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The best I ever had was someone looking to meet me half way for an item I was giving away for free.

They got a very sarcastic reply and turned up on my door that night...

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A national newspaper that outputs garbage sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Insomnia. Had an extremely overdue eye test scheduled for this morning at 10am. Was genuinely looking forward to no longrt going around the place like Mr. Magoo in a few weeks time.Went to bed early and even took some sleep medication because I've been having serious trouble getting to sleep recently and didn't want to miss my appointment if I didn't get to sleep til 3am and subsequently slept in. Not a wink of sleep did I get. Resolved to call the opticians at 9am to cancel and apologise. Must have fallen asleep around 8.30 😠 and woke up at 12.30. Now I have to ring them up and apologise for not making the appointment and not cancelling beforehand. God knows how long I'll have to wait before the next available appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,480 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just drove past a school crossing where there was a lollipop lady on both sides of the road and they met in the middle every time. Can someone please explain the logic behind this to me, because it seems like literally THE most pointless thing I can possibly think of. Like, nonsensical bordering on outright stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

People driving & approaching speed bumps, dart left, to avoid what exactly??

You d!ckhead, you still have to go over the bump, knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This is one thing that I can never understand, but I don't drive so I thought I was missing something. I cycle, so it makes sense to do that, but in a car, the right-hand side of the car still has to go over the speed bump.

• Advertisement

The school down the road from me has the similar …a pedestrian crossing AND two lollipop ladies. You have to wonder the value of a pedestrian crossing plus two human beings… from a fairly young age I managed to safely negotiate traffic on my way home from school …

a few months back, the one who looked like Worzel Gummidge’s sister, she jumped out into traffic while we had the right of way, raised her pole, traffic stopped or jammed on rather and two kids crossed…. TWO… is it not important that those two kids learn the value of patience, press the button… wait for 15-20 seconds, walk when safe and when prompted by the green light for them .. ? Someone to oversee that on the pathway…? Sure ! Whatever….Some melt diving in front of traffic anytime a kids approaches to cross…? A nonsense I say. 😳. We were the first of two cars, so 5 seconds passes there is no traffic to contend with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The lollipop lady at our local school used to stand at the pedestrian lights pressing the button

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I had that , then we moved.

Now there's a school near me where the lollipop lady is positioned in-between two sets of pedestrian lights.

Which are also in-between a busy junction and even busier roundabout.

Turns the whole road into a carpark as guaranteed to get stuck at least twice by something.

Oh yeah, there's plenty of those around too. I actually whinged about them here before and was shouted down by the "Well what if a 4-year-old doesn't know how to use a pedestrian crossing???" brigade. Deafening silence when I pointed out that 4-year-olds don't walk to school by themselves for the most part.

Does anyone follow on social media the Queen Of Scotty road ?

he used to be a quite humorous, sort of out there scouse, in your face, camp, funny, irreverent comedy send up personality…on social media…

who has now unfortunately substituted his humour, ingenuity and out there persona…. With a quite different and quite frankly rude and aggressive sort of schtick…..just saw a video post and it’s as usual one of his comedy skits but he’s just roaring expletives in the middle of the street.. small kids passing behind him and instead of ‘hey look at yer man he’s hilarious’… it’s rather… ‘wow, the absolute state of this freak’ … like he’s gone full on nutjob… it’s becoming more terrifying that this isn’t much of a sendup and maybe just an exaggeration of his base personality…. Either way… unfollow, dude should know that if he has a winning formula, stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

clocked a thread on here ~last week (?), and another one today where a mod posted - after said threads had been closed previously by a different mod

WTF 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We have a lollipop lady in our estate who hasn’t a clue how to be a lollipop lady !! She stands gormlessly at the side of the road , spots a child 200 metres away and darts out on the road . She neither looks right or left or if there is a car coming and is an actual danger . So she is now plonked in the middle of the road cars stopped while we wait for the child to actually appear and cross over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Some places when they're parcelling up stuff really love their brown tape, requiring a serious assault with a sharp knife to open it.

The item which is quite robust and well packaged from the factory could have been safely sent in a medium size padded envelope but instead a quite large box full of those foam pellets or whatever you call them and 100 metres of brown tape 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Back to the office 3 days a week from Monday. 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

When I start watching something on a streaming service on one device (e.g. a phone or tablet) and then, for one reason or another, I want to continue watching on another device (e.g. a TV) and the service isn't able to resume from where I originally left off on the other device and starts from the beginning....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,277 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

People who park their shopping trolley across the aisle in the supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭brokenbad

When you enquire about something for sale on Done Deal only to be told - "its sold"

TAKE DOWN THE **** AD SO 🤬

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you buy sweets that mislead you regarding what flavour they are. Brown, yellow, orange and pink should be cola, lemon, orange and either strawberry, raspberry or cherry, not cola, strawberry, tropical and cherry, especially when only the cola ones resemble the taste they should be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bras - be anything other than a "normal" size and pay extortionate prices.. 🤬🤬

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Chronic acute pain can eff off. No sleep today and a nightshift in four hours 🙄

the not knowing is ta - what with stellar poster Gremmy and her latest two posts. is last post related to t'previous one me's a wondering 😂

👀

cudn't have been only poster on here thinking same thing 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I bought a quite expensive Microwave. Sharp is the brand and that is quality.

My TA is my own lack of knowledge and also needless complication. For years and years my battered old microwave served me well. A dial for power in watts and a dial for time. That is all that was needed.

My bells n´whistles new microwave has 18 buttons and it's needless tbh. I put a pizza in and pressed pizza. 0.1 equals 40 seconds and 0.4 equals 2 minutes 40 seconds (4 x 40 seconds.) You cannot go above this. So you press 0.1 x 4 times to get 0.4 and then you return later to press it again as that is not enough to cook a pizza

What engineer decided we heat pizza by 0.4? My old microwave let me select minutes on a dial. Keep it simple stupid, isn't that a slogan somewhere?

A cheap microwave would have served me better, oh well

I think cooking pizza in the microwave was your first mistake there, mm2...

fool the microwave - use a different food setting or summat - to get the right timing(s)

my microwave ta is ye mechanical dial - all well and good for ~2mins+ , but it's a right bastid tryna get 25/30seconds timed right

• Advertisement

Unrelated, which brings me to another TA, the assumption by doctor/healthcare workers that losing weight will magically fix everything, i admit to being a bit overweight however the same problems were prevalent previously too.

Advertisement