Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

I had it at the start of 2020 when it was just arriving. In fact, I think I had it a few weeks before the first case but I fobbed it off as a very bad flu and everyone was convincing me it was flu.

Symptoms I had then were basically headaches, aches, very tired, horrendous cough which turned into pneumonia and I needed antibiotics and steroids.

Got 3x Pfizer jabs in the meantime, last one was back in December 2021 though.

This recent bout of COVID was mostly in my nose/sinuses and upper throat. It didn't really turn into even a runny nose, just ached and hurt a lot.

That was coupled with body aches, especially in my joints and then I started getting like tingly / burning sensations just down the left side of my chest and into my arm and down my leg, but weirdly only on my left side.

I was really hot, but I wasn't sweating. Kinda like dry heat - felt like a radiator for a few days.

Then it just went away and faded out but I'd positive antigen tests coming up until about 16 days after the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 _Fluffy_

People who tested positive recently, how quickly after first symptoms developed did you test positive? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Was almost 4 days for me but only tested on 2nd and 4th days, didn't leave house in between

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

...... wrong thread ;-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

• Advertisement

My husband and two friends all came down with symptoms on Tuesday. One friend tested positive same day, his brother and my husband tested positive two days later. I had no symptoms to speak of but was testing daily because my husband has it. Tested positive Christmas day morning and felt fine until the afternoon. I have a cold but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I am negative again today and feeling fine, covid was not bad at all for me this my second time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I have never had Covid but went to bed on Tuesday night with a headache behind my eyes and aches and pains plus a bit of a cough. Tested yesterday with some HSE tests I had and T line came up strong and C line a bit more faded, did a second test to be sure and same positive result. Had a rough enough night last night with aches and pains high temperature and cough, ended up vomiting my dinner up so that wasn't good. I'm taking paracetamol and resting hoping it doesn't last long. Covid app doesn't seem to give option to say you tested positive do we just ring GP or is there a HSE hotline? Could do with a cert as I'm on two days holidays but obviously want to keep them.

Never thought I'd catch it but there you go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ring your GP.Or ring work and say you'd like to change your leave days to 2 uncertified sick days.You'll need a cert anyway if you go over that.HSE won't give you anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Still plenty of employers granting Covid leave with a HSE confirmation text.

@Snake Plisken you can report positive antigen tests here:

https://antigentesting.hse.ie/

It will of course depend on your employer's policy whether they will replace your holiday leave with covid leave. HSE won't issue a cert though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks rang go who sent me to the HSE I registered positive and got text back I then forwarded that back to my GP who gave me a medical cert for work.

Feel a good bit better today compared to yesterday so hoping I have a better night then last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

The four of us had it a month ago and mild symptoms, got over it quickly. But now myself and one of the children are struggling to sleep at night when go to bed and awake till 3 or 4 o’clock in the morning and then fall asleep since we tested clear, and still getting aches and pains in the joints and the other girl has still no taste, wife is fully recovered, one of the children picked it up in hospital first.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,683 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Got Covid for the first time, tested positive yesterday in an antigen test. Feeling tired and congested in my nose. Did not think it was Covid but as I was going to the doctor I just on a whim decided to test myself and yes it was positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I had my 1st positive test last week. Started with a strange feeling in my head, like a build up of pressure. Had a little niggle at the back of my throat. Then came the side by side shivers and sweats along with a dramatic increase in the head pressure thing. Done a test, showed positive within about 15 seconds.

Hit me like a ton of bricks. Could hardly walk, brain was pounding. Then the sore throat kicked in, it was like no sore throat I have ever had before, like razors were lining my throat. Along with that I had an overall feeling of nausea which made everything worse.

The sore throat was the worst, 3 days of intense pain. Couldn't sleep, painful to eat, drink or swallow. Thought it was going to take weeks to heal it was so bad. Woke up one morning and the pain was totally gone, as if it was never a thing. This was very strange considering how bad it was and now it was nonexistent. I have worked out that the pain did not just go or my throat miraculously heal. My throat or the section of it that was so sore is actually numb. I can't feel it when I swallow, it's like there is a void there where there are no feelings.

In one way I'm happy the pain has gone but also a little concerned that a part of my body has lost all feeling.

On day 9 since first symptoms now, tested positive yesterday. Still feel like ****. Chest is very heavy, I'm lucky it did not move further into my chest as that would have been very serious. Zero energy, 8 days in bed.

I'm a 49 year old male and probably in my best physical health of the last few years and this knocked me on my back.

I clicked on the link for reporting a positive test.

I love this, 1st page states "This test is anonymous ".

2nd page: You must enter your PPS number to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Did you ever have covid before, have you gotten any previous covid vaccines?

I had covid last year and my throat was the worst part too. I thought it was closing on me which was very scary as I was self isolating.

1st time having covid. Had all the vaccines first time around. Nothing since the 1st booster a few years back.

Thought is was all gone, nothing to worry about any more.

My throat was terrible but my chest was what was worrying me most. I have had flues that got into my chest before and that was bad. This seemed to sit just at the top of my chest as if deciding whether to dive down in there or not. I would have been very ill if it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭I.am.Putins.raging.bile.duct

Positive test a few minutes ago I woke up this morning feeling like I had a flu. High fever, headache and aches and pains all over. Dizzy and very weak. I have my taste and smell and no chest or throat issues.

I just ate tortillas and salsa could taste everything fine Im on day 1 of the dose maybe it will go over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Pinkyboi

I started getting what I thought was a cold on Monday evening. Went to the pharmacist to get various things to fix a cold along with some antigen tests on Tuesday. Did a Covid test on Tuesday which was negative. Did one on Wednesday morning which was positive. Have got a totally blocked nose, tried a lot of different things. Mainly had a fever earlier (days 1 and 2) and now it's just working to get rid of the blocked nose. Other than that feeling ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pinkyboi

Now have the Vapo rub to work this outta my system... nearly there!

Day 2 rough night bad aches and pains all over and a fever. bit of a sore throat and stuffy nose.

I'm on day 11 since first symptoms. Back at work today, totally brain dead. Energy levels at about 50% if even. Chest still very heavy with chesty cough. Still feel crap, would love to be in bed. Still testing positive.

Still no feeling in my throat. Don't know if it miraculously healed over night or if I have lost feeling in it. I can't imagine it just healed as it was so sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

What are you doing in work if you're still testing positive?

Would it have crossed your mind, given all that has changed in the workplace since the pandemic began, that maybe I can work from home?

There is always one isn't there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Well, most workplaces want their staff back in the building now, so it's an easy assumption to make and there are people who doesn't have a problem going into work with symptoms and spreading whatever they have. There are these types of heros everywhere.

You should probably get a sick cert and take it easy for a while. If you push yourself, you're more likely to end up with long covid. Sounds like you're not ready to be back in work yet.

Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped. Not feeling great. Still testing positive : (

1 month in. Still feeling like ****. Nausea, upset stomach, weird flu like feeling in my head, mentally at 50% or less and total fatigue if I try to do anything.

Sick of it all now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭roshje

Finally got covid, second time for my wife. Today I feel slightly better sore joints, a bit of a chill, slight headache and like a heavy cold. My wife is suffering

a bit more with the same symptoms. Hopefully it will be gone by Saturday, granddaughter's birthday party.😊

Advertisement