Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

SOTC(state of the collection) thread.

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭ Pablo_Flox

Which one gets the most wrist time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭ scwazrh

The omega gmt and Tudor catch my eye the most there . There’s something about the previous gen seamasters . The video you did really shows how different the previous gen is compared to the new , it’s a lot more refined.

lovely collection but why have you blank spaces in the box??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭ Fitz II

Looking good Banie, a very decent collection and rapidly expanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ Ian OB

He mentioned his son. Offspring will set you back at least 1 Rolex per year per head. Farmers are right, there's no money in livestock!! 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭ banie01

Wrist time, at the moment it's between the Omega GMT and the Promaster. That's despite having the newer SMP in the box. Least is the Solas, I love it,I just don't wear Dress Watches all that often.

The omega GMT could end up pulling double service in a few years as if my lad ever gets a taste for bigger than 37mm? It'd actually be a birth year watch for him 🤔 planning ahead for his 21st 🤣 that said apart from hijacking the Hamtun for a while? His taste drifts more to Cartier and the one watch in the box he'd snatch is the Astronaut

The empty space's are discipline, they are a temptation test 🤣

And thanks Fitz, that's high praise indeed. I have yet to lear the discipline yourself & John have of fewer watches and moving up. I'll get there tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,062 ✭✭✭ 893bet

I think you need a king piece!

But equally there is a lot to be said about balance equally. Not purely driven by price but more quality wise equal.

That Arstro…..having handled it……makes my skin crawl 😹. I don’t care about the hertitage. Nuke it from orbit. Or pass it on your son now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,062 ✭✭✭ 893bet

I love the newer Omega. They look so good on rubber! I am always tempted by them. Micks one has me tempted now!1

That's harsh, it's a piece of history 😉 and tbh if nothing else it's a great story in sourcing a watch. I do think the clasp in particular was the end of any consideration for you on that one. It is an awful piece of stamped metal in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭ Fitz II

I think Banie its time to put a Rolex in that box, that would be an amazing thing to give to the son you are proud of on his 21st. Not only giving him a watch, a memory of his dad, but a plane ticket home and money for a solicitor in any country in the world for the rest of his life. Instantly exchangeable for cash.

Honestly I have massively reduced my collection in size and value, the rat race of leveling up all the time is no longer viable in this market. I shall live vicariously through others.

• Advertisement

Another lovely collection but there’s two extremes in size in one box - 38mm tag to a 45mm Panerai!

Some lovely pieces Kostal, the Zenith catches my eye but the Glashutte is an Uber classy piece.

Fitz, I know what you mean and I really do take your point but I just can't countenance paying grey prices for one. I'm on the mythical list and if one ever comes up? I'll put the money down 😉

The Omega GMT isn't a birthyear watch for the boy after all 🤦‍♂️

It's a 2009 rather than a 2004. Still, I get to keep it know whilst I keep an eye out for something for him. Knowing him, it'll be a Cartier Santos or a weird spec omega constellation .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

A sub date is just under €10k retail. For that sort of money you'd have a decent choice of Rolex steel sports watches grey / second hand. You'd have a pre-ceramic submariner for less than that and a ceramic one for not an awful lot more.

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

Very nice, the ikarus is the pick of the bunch for me . Think I’ll pick one up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5 happyguitar

Ikarus is a nice looking dial. It's not àn easy read if you want it to see the time. The numbers don't jump out at you. You have to look hard for them.

I rarely look at my watch to tell the time anyway , Fitbit on my right arm is much more accurate .

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭ Pablo_Flox

Can't say that my experience has been the same. I find it very easy to read the time

Advertisement